• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Decided by fate

Suspiciousidiot24

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi! So I was existing and got kinda a stupid idea for a rp, but I would like to use it to branch out and try out genres I usually wouldn’t. The general idea of this is to spin a wheel to decide genre, sub-genre, setting, plot (if you don’t want to make one up on the spot) and finally characters. We could also spin for a fandom-related rp if we’re in a few of the same fandoms. Then we could spin for genre, sub-genre, setting, plot, and characters.

(Sorry for adding the fandom aswell, there was no option for all- but all the fandoms are in the bottom of the page)

In short terms- Spinning a wheel to decide stuff, everything below is the genres, sub genres, etc.

Aright let me list out some basics first, I rp in 3rd person with ocs, I cannot write for other characters (sorry). I’m always open to new ideas for anything though!

Genres
-Mystery
-Fantasy
-Sci-fi
-Romance
-Horror
-Realistic

Sub-genres (Mystery)
-Thriller
-Cozy
-Noir
-Romance
-Horror
-Supernatural

Sub-genres (Fantasy)
-Romance
-Mystery
-Dark
-High
-Magical realism
-Mythic

Sub-genres (Sci-fi)
-Dystopian
-Cyberpunk
-Steampunk
-Apocalyptic and post-apocalyptic
-Romance
-Space western

Sub-genres (Romance)
-Fantasy
-Suspense
-Gothic
-Forbidden
-Paranormal
-Historical

Sub-genres (Horror)
-Psychological
-Slasher
-Monster
-Supernatural
-Demonic possession
-Vampire

Sub-genres (Realistic)
-Historical
-Romance
-Mystery
-Slice of life
-Adventure
-Horror

Setting (Fantasy)
This would be like beginning of it, or where the two characters start. We can also discuss world building and things we want to add onto that.
-Tavern
-Large city (possible capital)
-Some sort of academy
-Elven and/or fae forest (or a random forest)
-Smaller village/town

Setting (Modern)
Like I said for the fantasy, this is where the two characters can start off at. All the genres (besides fantasy and sci-fi) can fit into this category to start off at.
-Urban area (cities)
-Rural areas (countryside, towns, etc)
-School and/or college
-An café, bar, restaurant, etc
-A mall, shopping center, store, etc.

Setting (Sci-fi)
Place for the two characters to start off at, we can still discuss the overall world and anything we would like to add to it as well.
-Already made planets (Earth, mars, Venus, etc)
-Custom planets (Planets that don’t already exist)
-Space-ships
-Utopia-like city
-Ruined city and/or ruined rural area
-Futuristic city or town

Plot ideas (Fantasy)
Some of these might apply to the chosen fantasy plots but might not, they also work as starting points. (More can be added also!)

-Person A and B are travelers together and they merely explore the world surrounding them, exploring new places and experiencing different situations together bond the two.

-Person A is a Royal and Person B is a peasant, the Royal wants to get out more and the peasant wants to experience a better life so the two swap places and/or the Royal wants to leave their home and enlists the help of person B to help show them around and make sure they’re safe.

-Person A wakes up in a completely new area/place that they never heard of it before and ends up meeting person B, person B offers to help person A and they begin to bond.

Plot ideas (modern)
Some of these plots can be applied and not aswell! More will be added, these can also be used as inspiration.

-Person A and B are academic rivals who actively despise each other for [reason to be chosen], but they’re stuck together for a project and have to deal with each other.

-Person A and B are sent together on sort quest in order to retrieve something. (Can then vary)

-Person A and B are already friends but one of them is hiding a terrible secret from the other, and it’s only a matter time until the other person finds out.

-Superhero related plots

-Mafia related plots

(I’ll put in a sci-fi related plot once I get an idea for one,,)

Fandoms I can spin for

Marvel
DC
TOH
Warriors
Splatoon
One piece
Naruto
MHA
Demon slayer
ACOTAR

Plot ideas for Marvel
Again, they can be used for inspiration and more will probably be added.

1. Both people are new to a specific hero agency/organization and they usually get put onto the same missions. Hopefully the two will learn to bond together in order to fight a common enemy.
1a. One of the characters start to realize how corrupt and messed up the hero industry is while the other character is blissfully ignorant of it and uses to Ingore it for the common good. Leaving the two to constantly fight over which side is right.
1b. One of the characters die in an accident while they’re together on a mission. While the other character is forced to live on and instead has to get an apprentice that is eerily similar to their dead friend.

2. Two people become friends at work/college/etc (any place) and possibly bond further but little did any of them realize that one of them is a hero while the other is a villain. The two happily go about their day during the daytime while they unawarely realizing they are each other’s enemy.

3. A rather dumb citizen somehow keeps getting themselves stuck in dangerous situations (unintentional or intentionally) and constantly has to be saved by a hero rather they like it or not.
1a. The “citizen” turns out to just be a double agent for the people against the heroes and is only getting into these situations to gain more information on the heroes. The hero will ends up realizing this and has to put a stop to them.
2a. The citizen turns out being someone that the hero either secretly crushes on or is the heroes enemy. Either way the recusing will probably cause the two people to spend a lot of more time together.

4. A person is someone from Wakanda and they live there as it’s the only place they have ever known, they end up meeting person B when they somehow wonder up in Wakanda. Now person A just figure out what they’re doing there and rather they are a threat.
4a. Person B is just a regular adventurer who’s naturally curious and wants to learn more about Wakanda, causing them to eagerly explore with no fear of consequences.
4b. Person B is actually some sort of scientist and/or researcher who once they figure out the rescoures Wakanda has, plans to steal it for themselves and resell it around the world. But in the meantime they need to actually get close to the people there.

Plot ideas for Splatoon
More will be added and they can be used for inspiration

-Person A (Or person A and B) is one of the agents who were sent to Splatsville to investigate something,

-A, Person A is sent to investigate the crater and the mammalians that are currently there. Where they meet Person B, either an employee of Mr. Grizz or their second hand. Person B is stuck trying to convince person A nothing bad is happening there while person A investigates.

-B, different inklings and octolings (+ other species) are disappearing in Splatsville, person A meets person B and either they team up together and help each other out or person B is secretly hiding their the reason for the disappearances and hiding it.

-Person A goes around to investigate as normal but they meet person B, who’s an idol. And the two just hang out with each other.

-Person A and B both work for the salmon runs (Work for Mr Grizz), and start to realize some off things about what they work for. Both of them can start to feel it’s off at the same time or one of them feels off first while the other doesn’t.

-Person A and B have a turf war rivalry where they’re constantly trying to beat each other, which most of the time gets them into trouble.

Finally; for the characters. I can spin for my own but also spin for you if you have a list or a link I can follow to check them out! I also have a character bio on standby if you just want to make a new one.

And that’s it! Thank you for listening to my yap session and I would love to be your writing partner. If you like an individual genre, plot, sub-genre, etc. I’m more than happy to do that without spinning the wheel.

Here’s a gold star ⭐

I ACCIDENTALLY PUT THIS INTO THE 1x1 I FEEL SO BAD

Last edited:
Hey! What gender do you prefer to play? I might be interested in doing some romance + slice of life + mafia + modern role play. Please message if you are interested

Users who are viewing this thread

Back