• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Dark themes, historical plots, and more!

hadal

Hey y'all, my name is Jordan and I'm a 19 year old college student on winter break. I've been RPing for about 9 years and am passionate about writing. I'm looking for a literate partner who can create dynamic characters and give me detailed and lengthy replies. I want to worldbuild and plot together. It's no fun if I'm the only one coming up with ideas.

I'm happy with MxM, MxF, or FxF pairings The relationships can be romantic or platonic. I'm interested in some darker themes right now, so if we go that route, please inform me of your limits.

Some other rules:
-Good grammar!
-No Gary/Mary Sues.
-Don't make your character angsty and edgy all the time. Some angst is good, but don't go overboard!
-If you won't be able to reply for awhile or are bored, let me know.
-Realistic face claims.
-Try and reply a few times a week.
-Plot with me!!

I can RP on this site or over Discord. And I love chatting with my RP partners!

Themes:
mental illness; crime, mafia, detectives; war, soldiers, dictatorship, revolution; historical; angst; sexuality struggles; prison; persecution; revenge; cyberpunk; moral and existential issues; injury, sickness; reunion; fantasy; exile; space, sci-fi

I've bolded the roles I wish to play.
Bounty Hunter/Assassin x Bounty Hunter/Assassin -- maybe set the in the Star Wars universe, or some space fantasy world we build. The characters could be alien x human as well.
Sith apprentice x Jedi apprentice
Sith x Rebel -- set during the time of the Empire
Imperial x Rebel
Dark!Anakin x Obi-Wan or Padme -- during The Clone Wars, Anakin would have a very different backstory here
Street Kid!Anakin x Padawan!Obi-Wan

Prison escapeex exiled Prince/princess -- I'm thinking this could be in a medieval or space fantasy setting as well. Maybe some evil empire rises so a raggedy prison escapee and a refined but tough prince/princess have to join forces to fight some great evil. We could definitely double up on this and create some badass squad that goes on perilous journeys and fights the evils of the universe.
Closeted gay/gay refugee x out
Brainwashed assassin x Detective
Mafia Boss x Innocent civilian -- romance; the civilian knows nothing of the mafia and criminal world, the mob boss tries to protect her
Injured soldier x Nurse or significant other

1. Muse A escapes an isolated prison camp, hidden in the depths of the frost-bitten tundra. To reach freedom, he must trek through frigid mountain ranges and arid deserts. Weak and near death, he ends up stranded on one of the planet's most rugged and unrelenting mountains, inhabited by ogres, giant pale spiders, and other mythical and beastly beings (think Lord of the Rings). Muse B, alonely mountain elf, living in solitude, saves the human from death. After years of self-imposed isolation, seeing another person is at once shocking, terrifying, and exciting. Once Muse A is healed, the new partners decide to make the long journey to freedom and companionship together.

2. The revolution has arrived. Society has slipped into chaos and civil war, and embittered by their poverty and suffering, the people demand a new government and the death of the old royal family. Muse A, a hardened revolutionary and a member of one of the most deadly and brutal militias, hunts down and captures Muse B, the prince(ss), who has spent months on the run, trying to escape the fatal hand of the revolution. Muse A must lead Muse B to his/her execution in the capital city, but first they must cross hundreds of miles of harsh, war-torn terrain.
I'd be Muse A. This can have fantasy and SciFi elements as well.

3. It was the golden age of philosophy, psychology, literature, and art. Two young intellectuals/artists/writers fall in love, living out the bohemian lifestyle they always dreamed of. But their perfect world and romantic country starts to crumble. A dictatorship rises, and intellectuals and artists are targeted. The young couple becomes separated. Muse A manages to escape the country and builds an illustrious career for his/herself in exile. Muse B is swept up in the purges and sent to a prison camp, where the conditions are merciless and inhuman. Despite their separation, the couple never falls out of love. Over the years that they are apart, they write hundreds of letters to each other, which they are never able to send, because they have no idea if the other is dead or alive. After years of separation, prosperity and imprisonment, the dictatorship falls and Muse B is released and leaves the country. Through some series of events, the old lovers reunite and struggle to reconcile the different turns their life took.

An alternate version of #3...
4. From 1936-1938, Stalin's purges swept through the Soviet Union, spreading death and terror. Innocents and enemies of the state died by the thousands, while others were shipped off to the far reaches of Siberia. In this violent and tumultuous time, two brothers are separated. Muse A, an NKVD officer, is a Stalin loyalist. He is also an opportunist, using the purges as a way to climb the ranks. Muse B is an artist/intellectual and is a vocal critic of Stalin. The brothers have long disagreed on matters of politics and economics, but have cared for each other despite their differences. But The Great Purge estranges them. An ambitious and cunning Muse A attempts to rise in power, while Muse B is sent to the gulag. In March 1953, Stalin dies, and Khrushchev enacts a policy of de-Stalinization. Thousands of political prisoners are released. Muse B, sick and worn down, returns home and reunites with his brother. The brothers find they have both changed dramatically. Will they be able to reconcile their differences and overcome their mutual sense of betrayal? Or did The Great Purge deal a decisive blow to their relationship?

5. In a dystopian future, where planets across the galaxy are ripe for the taking, Earth and the planet Illyria wage war for control of the galaxy. Spies and assassins stalk enemy planets, and the plague of Earth and Illyria's war has reached all corners and crevices of the galaxy. As the governments of Earth and Illyria pursue galactic dominance, regular people suffer, dying by bullets and bombs, famine and pestilence. More disturbing still, people are vanishing. They are snatched from the streets and their homes and offices, never to be seen again. Fearing retribution and terrified of the true nature of these disappearances, ordinary citizens don't question the government's nefarious and mysterious deeds. But Muse A, a criminal hacker from Earth, aims to discover where these people are going and what is being done to them. While serving a stint in an Illyrian SuperMax prison for hacking the Illyrian Central Bank , Muse A meets Muse B, an Illyrian prison guard who has some questions and moral dilemmas of their own. Muse B was kicked out of the Illyrian police force for asking too many questions about the government's ties to the criminal underworld, and finds an unlikely friend in Muse A. Muse B helps Muse A break out from prison, and they work together to expose their governments' deeds and perhaps start a galactic revolution in the process. But of course, they must elude capture from dangerous agents from both Earth and Illyria.

Last edited:
hi there! i really enjoy your prompts/ideas and can't decide between prison escapee x exiled prince/princess, detective’s son x mafia leader's son, and plot #2. i’d love to plan things out with you more and write if you’d be down for having me

Hi! I kind of love the way you think and I'd be up for your prison escapee x prince/ss plot. I'm very new here, which (understandably) may be a turn off, but I can provide writing samples if you want to. Anyway, I have tons of ideas for this plot and I'd love to collaborate with you! Please do contact me if you're interested!

hadal hadal quick question: do you double? I can play padme for your dark Anakin character! I have an oc id like to pair with Obi Wan. It would be platonic. I’m really interested in hearing your plot :) I also have a discord if you’re interested.

I would absolutely love to do a dark Anakin/ Padme RP with you! It is my favorite star wars AU and would love to do something if you are still looking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back