• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

D&D 5e | 1 player

rpg.veteran

The Setting
A post-apocalyptic, low-tech, low-magic fantasy world. There was a cataclysm called The Tearing, when many rifts opened to this world from other planes. All kinds of scary, weird, deadly and distorting creatures and phenomena leaked through, making the planet otherworldly and dangerous. After a few generations, it decreased to a level where there's a light at the end of the tunnel, but there's still one major problem: the Horrors that came from Beyond the Stars are still here.

For reasons not really understood by anyone (despite many claims), the Horrors are only active during the night (even underground), and then a closed home keeps them out. Beware, however, the stranger who comes to your door at night, pleading to be let in to escape from the Horrors: are they a really scared mortal, or is it a Horror trying to be allowed inside? Almost exclusively, folks don't open the door at night. Heeding countless cautionary tales, they stick to better safe than sorry, and in this case being sorry means killed gruesomely or driven beyond insane, together with all your family.

The Horrors are immune to all known weapons, including arcane attacks. And, since the The Tearing, no divine magic has worked, thus the Horrors seem to be indestructible -- so far. On top of this, there is also no know reliable method to hide from them.

As a result, long travel is almost non-existent, and there are lots of taverns along those trails still used, so if you're lucky you can make one leg of a journey during daylight, and survive another night in the next tavern. There are mostly isolated blots of civilization, and a stretch of wilderness is a strict border not to be crossed, even if you can see a larger town in the distance. If there are no waypoints within reach, there's no connection.

The introductory scenario is a railroaded story, but I'd like you to play through it. Obviously for roleplaying fun, but you'll also choose, at the end of the intro, one artifact of four that will enable you to survive the night, which also means you'll be the one person in the world who can travel almost unlimited. After that, it's up to you what you do with the opportunity.

How to Apply
A brief character description, including the main points of the area and settlement your character comes from. A few goals of the character, to give me hooks later.
The realistic chance of three times a week posting cycle.

Boring Details
Starting level: 1-5, your choice
Allowed sources: all kinds of stuff either available online or in a document I have, with one player there's no issue of party balance; I still may ban some powers if I really don't like something
Ability scores: 27 point-buy
Hp: max at all levels
Gold: standard for level
Feats: some extra if they fit the character
Gaining levels: Xp will come from any achievement, so you actually don't have to kill things to progress (but you can, this is D&D)

If anyone offers to GM a 1-on-1 dice game for me in return, they will get priority. I'd like to play, too.
However, this is not a default requirement.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back