Creating an Avatar

Nyne

One Time Luck
<p>

I am just getting started here, but I want to have certain things set up before I really do any rp interactions. One of which is having at least one Avatar Picture. Does anyone know an app or website I can access on my Android to create a detailed avatar character? I'm having trouble.

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
Not entirely sure what you're looking for here, but if you're interested in software for drawing I can recommend a few.

1. Paint(.)NET (not the website, it's the name of the program)

Be careful when you google this because the website is something weird and unrelated (hence the () around the . ). Anyway, Paint(.)NET is a free software similar to Photoshop, but way less powerful. The nice thing about it, though, is that it's free and has a really nice was of drawing outlines. The interface is also really user-friendly (in my opinion) and it's a great place to start out drawing with.

2. GIMP

GIMP takes Paint(.)NET and adds more to it. It's almost identical to Photoshop in terms of functionality, but it's also free. I personally like GIMP the best, simply because of the grid system it uses. You can place a grid (in the color of your choice) over the canvas, but you can also customize the grid and make it whatever size you want. For example, 32x32 pixels, 2x2 inches, etc. Again, the interface is pretty user friendly, and it also allows you to create your own brushes to use!

3. Serif DrawPlus x6

Serif DrawPlus x6 is the older model of DrawPlus (hence why I own it). It is NOT free, but the older model is usually on sale for around $20. DrawPlus is very similar to GIMP, but has even more feature to choose from. It comes with a HUGE variety of really nice brushes already built in to the software. You can not only draw, but you can use DrawPlus to create animations as well (haven't tried it, so I'm not sure how it works). The especially nice thing about DrawPlus, are the "Smart-shapes" feature and the Pen Tool.

All of these software are great in there own way. I personally use all three fairly regularly, but for starting I would try Paint(.)NET, then graduate to GIMP. DrawPlus is great if you have the money, but there's only a few features difference from GIMP, and some things about GIMP are just flat out better.

Hope this helps!

I guess OP is looking for a generator to get a custom picture without drawing ?

If so, what kind of picture are you looking for? What kind of era? What kind of style?

For the typical manga style, there are several generators on Rinmaru.

For some other anime/semi-real/cartoon styles you can look for makers and dress-up on DeviantArt (I've seen a few for pirates, steam-punk, medieval, romans and greeks...). There is also DreamSelfy.

You can get pixel things on Gaia, I think ?

If you are looking for more realistic or medieval-fantasy stuff, or something detailed like your profile picture, I do not know any, and I am not sure you will find lots. Maybe you could consider commissions artists to get a fully custom piece of your liking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back