• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings cravings & concepts ✩ a m// search

werewoof

the dead wife in a sundress
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
i. INTRODUCTION

howdy howdy! my name is max and i use they/them pronouns, as well as he/him for the bit (aka my complicated relationship with gender :[ ). i've been around the sun twenty-two times now and have been roleplaying on-and-off since teenhood, however, i have been consistently writing collaboratively for two years. if we fell off, please feel free to reach back out. i try not to disappear, but it is a consequence of life and i am too awkward to reach back out if we didn't have much of a thing goin'.

i'm quite talkative and enjoy ooc chatter just as much as ic, and while i never expect to know your life story, i like to get to know interests outside of roleplay and chit-chat. i can be a triple texter (maybe saying can is a lie, because i am a chronic triple texter) and have a tendency to ramble a lil.

i'm hoping to find someone who will want to gush about characters and plot together <3

ii. PREFERENCES

general rules
▸ please understand that we ≠ our characters. an interest in writing romance does not equal a romantic interest.
▸ respecting triggers/squicks/no's, this goes both ways. feel free to double check before sending something if you're hesitant about the content, i'll extend the same courtesy.
▸ post frequency does not matter much to me, & i can range from daily to weekly depending on my personal schedule
my preferred place to talk/roleplay is discord! but i will write on rpnation! my posting/texting will likely be more infrequent, unfortunately my laptop is progressively going to Shit <3

stylistic choices.

must haves —
third person.
preferences —
present tense > past tense, but i am capable of both
descriptions > any other form of faceclaims.
multi paragraph! i can range from 4 paragraphs to 20 and am not picky about the length/pace we choose to keep.
multiple characters, not necessarily requiring doubling, rather than a background cast. ...i will double but not in a tit-for-tat way <:3
must nots
AI face claims.
one-liners. asterisk style roleplaying.

content
must haves —
queer pairings. (i.e. no cishet romances)
currently, i pretty much only want romantic pairings.
21+ main characters, 18+ side characters
preferences —
m// mostly, everything else is practically equal
m// > enby// = t4t m/f > f//. primarily because i do not want to write any women atm.
must nots
main storylines involving: EDs, SA/non-con/dub-con, current/recovering from self-harm.
pregnancy plot lines, i am not currently interested in them.
▸ cheating plots

iii. CRAVINGS
this is not gospel. bring me something different to the table, throw a bunch of cravings in that you think i may enjoy.
i love working around character concepts. bring me a character you want a pairing for.

wordbank.
low fantasy. romance. witchcraft. disguises. religious imagery. yearning. midwestern gothic. urban fantasy. murder husbands. "hey your interest in your 'enemy' is getting a bit homosexual, bud." small towns. demonic deals. letters/letter-style. "the hands that cradled your face and tilted it upwards to kiss your forehead are soaked in unfathomable quantities of blood." slice of life. dark academia. secrets. regret. cowboys. university settings. revenge. ___ to lovers tropes. mortality & godhood. haunting as a metaphor. cannibalism. second chances. soulmates. "oops this spell i cast bound us together." forced proximity. enamored at first sight. loathed at first sight.

vague concepts
▸ basic pairings i enjoy
— any stereotypical fanfic AU (coffee shop, soulmates, tattoo/florist)
— demon/person summoning them
royal hunter/royalty
witch/shifter familiar
— basically any supernatural pairing
— artist/muse
— supernatural/human who has no fucking clue...
— professor/professor ,, professor/TA (a bit older, preferably)
ask me about my hot professor character, i dare u
▸ basic character concepts...
— witches who can only cast verbally. a character bound by magic who cannot speak trying to get someone to break such a curse.

plotlines to workshop.
▸ you're not gone, you're just dead!
think... a necromancer accused of bringing back people Wrong. a (magical detective/hunter/a person whose loved one CBW) investigating the case. angst ensues, unwilling partnership ensues.
but also... a demon walking around in a(n) (enemy's/rival's/insert other not weird relationship for romance to work preferably with a bit of angst) body. trying to solve a murder, teaming up. (a cooperative demon, wowza!) "if they're dead it's free real estate!" mayhaps no one realizing they're dead besides muse?
▸ even though i know the end
muse a is an author, muse b is their biggest fan. a is unaware that they've been detailing their past lives in each of their novels. b remembers all of it.
▸ all the rage back home
think… fan/vaguely "famous" person (preferably in a niche subject? wildlife photography, stop motion, short story author, etc etc.) muse b sends fanmail, it strikes enough of a chord with muse a to have them sending a letter back.
but also… small towns, muse a & b ran in the same circle, muse a became famous and left it all behind. muse b writes a letter in a hopes of reconnecting… it works.

settings (with fandoms).
▸ CAIN RPG
listen, it has me in a chokehold. a cast of chars hunting SINs? hot, hot, hot
▸ lily mayne's monstrous
the universe has me gagged, truly. i haven't read the last book yet, though, i do not want to finish it D:

if you reach out please include your name (preferred way to refer to you), pronouns, age, and a bit about what you're interested in <:] bring your own ideas to the table! come with Thoughts and Feelings. &&& feel free to ask for samples! this is just already getting So Long

fin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back