• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Craving!! Historic romance RPG Scottish clans in 1692

Teatime

And I've been runnin' for a soft place to fall ...
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi and welcome history fans!

I’ve got a plot idea here I’m dying to try out!

1721307506485.jpeg

Setting: Scotland, 1692 - The Massacre of Glencoe

Political Context: After the Glorious Revolution of 1688, which saw William of Orange replace James II, clans in Scotland were required to swear allegiance to the new king by January 1, 1692. The MacDonalds of Glencoe were late in doing so.

The Massacre of Glencoe involved the brutal killing of members of the MacDonald clan by government troops, primarily from the Campbell clan, under orders from King William III. The massacre occurred because the MacDonalds were late in pledging allegiance to the new monarch after the Glorious Revolution.
After William of Orange replaced James II in 1688, clans in Scotland were required to swear allegiance to the new king by January 1, 1692. The MacDonalds of Glencoe missed this deadline. Government troops, led by Captain Robert Campbell of Glenlyon, were billeted with the MacDonalds for nearly two weeks, enjoying their hospitality. Then, in the early hours of February 13, the soldiers received orders to kill their hosts. The attack was sudden and merciless, resulting in a total of 38 men who were murdered in their homes or while fleeing to the hills. A further 40 women and children died because they were exposed to the harsh winter conditions after their homes were burned down.
The massacre was widely condemned for its treachery and brutality. It became a symbol of the deep-seated animosity and violence of the period, leaving a lasting stain on the reputations of both the government and the Campbell clan. The Massacre of Glencoe remains a notorious event in Scottish history, remembered for its betrayal and the tragic loss of life.

Roleplay:
The idea is that one character comes from the clan MacDonald, the other comes from the clan Campbell. They fall in love with each other. We could have them meet and fall in love before the massacre and after the massacre happened, it could be a test of their loyalty to their families or their love. It can develop into something like a Forbidden Love trope.
This is just a suggestion. It can go into many directions, I’m open to any other ideas you might have around this topic!

A little something about myself:
I'm in my 30ies, I've been writing and rpging for over ten years now. I like to write literate posts with a lot of internal thoughts and observation. I would like for my rp partner to be literate as well. Not a must, though, the main thing is that I don’t get one-liners. I love brainstorming, lore- and worldbuilding!

Please be 18+ when you contact me for roleplaying.

I would love to hear from you! My DMs are always open, feel free to drop me a line, even if your idea doesn't exactly match my description here, I'm always happy to hear about your ideas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back