• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Craving a Dystopian Story!

kennyyy

The study of wumbo? It's first grade, SpongeBob.
Hello, helloooo.

The name is kennyyy. Out of no where I suddenly have a huge craving for a role play set in a dystopian setting.

Do I have a plot or a well thought out idea. Noooo. But lucky for you (and me) I love to brainstorm ideas/characters/plots and all that good stuff. I got some rough and random little tidbits that I hope will spark a great story.

So, I'm thinking of a story within a dystopian setting that's modern, maybe with hints of futuristic tech here and there. Nothing crazy like space travel, other universes, species and stuff. I would be open to hearing any ideas for a setting different from modern tho!

Unfortunately I have no ideas yet as to what happened to the country where the story takes place....but here's some sparks of ideas I'd like to work with:

* Social/society hierarchy system in place that ranks people and what they can/cannot do/have/earn, what rights they have, etc.

* There's a leader who thinks the system is great, but those on a lower class system think differently. Most likely there are people in higher classes who hate it, but saying anything would threaten their own lifestyle.

* Strict rules. A strict system. Harsh consequences for breaking the rules.

* Secret rebellion growing to try and overthrow the leader and system. Love a good political war.

* Forbidden romance between two people from different social classes. Very dangerous if found out. The two meeting could have been an accident...or maybe one needed to get close on purpose for some reason, but ends up really catching feelings. I'd even be down to write something about the two meeting and developing a relationship of some kind, then the two are separated for years and reconnect.

Some preferences of mines:

- Please, please, please brainstorm ideas with me to build the story and keep it going. It's no fun when you're the only one sharing ideas and thoughts. Don't be afraid to share what you're thinking to help mold the story. Let's work together and have fun!

- I do have a full-time job that's hectic and can reallyyyyy drain my brain on some days. Please don't expect multiple posts a day or a post every day. I can definitely guarantee one post a week and a few more throughout the week if my job plays nice.

- I'm super chill with my role plays. Get busy and can't reply for a couple weeks....maybe even a month or two? That's cool, I get it. Just let me know. I'll probably wait forever if I love our story, seriously. xD

- I'd like the story for our main characters to be male x female and I would like to write as the female. A story needs more than two characters, so we will need to play other supporting characters (some major, some minor).

- Literate please. I won't reply with anything less than a couple paragraphs..I generally tend to hover around three paragraphs. Depending on what's going on in the story, I can do wayyy more than three paragraphs. But a couple is cool as long as we keep the story going.

- I need romance, drama, angst, action, and EVERYTHING else. I do tend to enjoy stories with dark undertones. But the whole story doesn't have to be doom and gloom. I really don't have any triggers, let me know if you do tho.

I know I'm forgetting a lot, but I don't want to ramble too much here. Please send me a direct message if interested. Thanks!! ^^

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back