• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

forestferns

smile like you mean it

be one with the sea.

scroll

pirates!

An adventurous group of pirates sail the high seas in search of thrilling adventures and quests for lost gold and all the jewels and riches one could ever ask for. They'll encounter enemy pirates, sea monsters, ghosts, and more along the way. Will they come across the once thought extinct Megalodon? Come find out!

davy jones

plot overview

The year is 1658 - the Golden Age of Pirates. Tales of sea monsters, lost treasures, and ghosts are filling the local pubs as people congregate over drinks and swap sea stories. Some are claiming they saw the silhouette of a giant shark swimming beside their ship. Another bunch are saying their little row boat was capsized by a slippery sea serpent and yet they miraculously lived to tell the tale. Others at another table are saying that they swore they saw a ghost ship last night. As people are chattering, the doors swing open, and everyone stops and stares. Another big group of pirates have decided to drop by the pub and have a drink. The captain of the crew walks in, followed by the rest of the crew. "Those stories are nothing." The captain says, taking a seat at one of the empty tables. "How about ya pull up and chair and listen as we tell you what we've been through out there in those waters."

Hello everyone! My name is Anthony (Annie) and here I am with a pirate interest check! So, this takes place during the Golden Age of Pirates so please keep that in mind when filling out your application as well as you roleplay. I will not yell at you for historical inaccuracies because I am giving some leeway. The pirate crew are going to be having proper, clean hygiene instead of being sweaty and filthy. And to make things more interesting, I'm allowing species besides humans! These species are mermaids, selkies, sirens, werewolves, and vampires. There are plenty of roles so come on in and go on an adventure! The pirate ship's name is The Night Jewel.

roles

First Set of Roles

CAPTAIN
(This role is taken!)

The captain is the leader of the crew and the ship. They’re in charge of the crew and ensuring that everything goes according to plan. Only the captain and the first mate are allowed to steer the ship.

FIRST MATE
(This role is open!)

The captain trusts this person with their very life. The first mate is like a second in command and advisor of sorts. They take over when the captain is unable to fulfill their duties and they see that everything is ship shape.

CARTOGRAPHER
(This role is open!)

The cartographer is a person who is skilled in astronomy and maps. They chart the stars and the night sky, they will have their own maps of everywhere that the crew has been, and they are the advisor in directions the ship should take. Hopefully the crew can trust this person to not have the ship get lost.

MUSICIANS
(2 people! Both are open!)

Musicians are two people who really know how to play musical instruments. They lead the crew in sea shanties, and they overall do their best to keep the crew's spirits high and bring joy amongst the ship. They provide entertainment and sure do know how to get everyone else singing and dancing.

Second Set of Roles

COOKS
(2 people! Both role are open!)

The cooks are people who make sure all of the meals for the crew. They work with what ingredients they have on board at the time to make hearty, filling meals for the crew and keep everyone well-fed and happy.

LOOKOUTS

Nestled high up in the crow's nest, two lookouts are stationed to look out in front of them at the vast ocean. They are trained to spot anything that lies in the ship's path with just their eyes, and a lantern will be provided during the nighttime hours. They are required to immediately alert both captain and first mate of anything they see ahead. Whether it be an obstruction, land, anything worth noting.

SURGEONS

There are two surgeons aboard so that just one person doesn't have the whole crew's health weighing on their shoulders. The surgeons are, of course, the ones that are essentially the medics aboard and they do in fact perform surgery on the crew members when it's necessary. They make do with what they have on board the ship.

GUNNER
(This role is open!)

This person is skilled in the art of weaponry. They are going to make sure the crew are well prepared should they ever need to come to battle. Whether it be from enemy pirates, sea monsters, or even the royal navy! They also clean the canons so they're shiny clean, as well as loading the canons and firing them when the ship is under attack.

Third Set Of Roles

(This role is open!)

The newest member of the pirate crew. They are completely inexperienced and unprepared for the way of the pirates. Thankfully, the rest of the crew are willing and able to teach them what to do. But they are usually tasked with cleaning the ship and fetching things for the other members of the crew.

TAILOR
(This role is open!)

The tailor is someone who makes and fixes clothing. They also do fittings and adjust clothes sizes to make sure the crew are comfortable and happy. They patch up tears and maybe do cute little patchwork.

rules

LGBTQ+ friendly and accepting here! I will not tolerate any sort of homophobia, transphobia, ableism, or overall bigotry here. You will be kicked out if you show that you are any of these things.

Roles are not first come first serve. They are application based so multiple people may go for the same role and I will pick which character(s) I think best fit the role. Also, you can apply for up to 2 characters since there's roles that call for 2 characters.

Realistic (real people) Faceclaims only! And speaking of that, I would like all faceclaims to be historical. So no instagram models or Youtubers or anyone like that. AI images, anime, drawings, etc are prohibited from being used as Faceclaims.

This roleplay is going to be semi-advanced to advanced. One-liners will not be accepted here. Please try to go for 3 or more paragraphs and give others enough to work with.

Discord is required for OOC. There will be an Onsite OOC while we make applications but that will be temporary and until we get our crew positions filled. If you do not have Discord, please refrain from expressing interest.

Do not leave anyone out of the roleplay. This includes plotting and interaction. It's very unnecessary and just straight up rude. Please ensure that you plot with everybody.

Just have fun here!

♡coded by uxie♡

The year is 1658 - the Golden Age of Pirates. Tales of sea monsters, lost treasures, and ghosts are filling the local pubs as people congregate over drinks and swap sea stories. Some are claiming they saw the silhouette of a giant shark swimming beside their ship. Another bunch are saying their little row boat was capsized by a slippery sea serpent and yet they miraculously lived to tell the tale. Others at another table are saying that they swore they saw a ghost ship last night. As people are chattering, the doors swing open, and everyone stops and stares. Another big group of pirates have decided to drop by the pub and have a drink. The captain of the crew walks in, followed by the rest of the crew. "Those stories are nothing." The captain says, taking a seat at one of the empty tables. "How about ya pull up and chair and listen as we tell you what we've been through out there in those waters."

Hello everyone! My name is Anthony (Annie) and here I am with a pirate interest check! So, this takes place during the Golden Age of Pirates so please keep that in mind when filling out your application as well as you roleplay. I will not yell at you for historical inaccuracies because I am giving some leeway. The pirate crew are going to be having proper, clean hygiene instead of being sweaty and filthy. And to make things more interesting, I'm allowing species besides humans! These species are mermaids, selkies, sirens, werewolves, and vampires. There are plenty of roles so come on in and go on an adventure! The pirate ship's name is The Night Jewel.

CAPTAIN
(This role is taken!)

The captain is the leader of the crew and the ship. They’re in charge of the crew and ensuring that everything goes according to plan. Only the captain and the first mate are allowed to steer the ship.

FIRST MATE
(This role is open!)

The captain trusts this person with their very life. The first mate is like a second in command and advisor of sorts. They take over when the captain is unable to fulfill their duties and they see that everything is ship shape.

CARTOGRAPHER
(This role is open!)

The cartographer is a person who is skilled in astronomy and maps. They chart the stars and the night sky, they will have their own maps of everywhere that the crew has been, and they are the advisor in directions the ship should take. Hopefully the crew can trust this person to not have the ship get lost.

MUSICIANS

Musicians are two people who really know how to play musical instruments. They lead the crew in sea shanties, and they overall do their best to keep the crew's spirits high and bring joy amongst the ship. They provide entertainment and sure do know how to get everyone else singing and dancing.

COOKS
(2 people! Both role are open!)

The cooks are people who make all of the meals for the crew. They work with what ingredients they have on board at the time to make hearty, filling meals for the crew and keep everyone well-fed and happy.

LOOKOUTS

Nestled high up in the crow's nest, two lookouts are stationed to look out in front of them at the vast ocean. They are trained to spot anything that lies in the ship's path with just their eyes, and a lantern will be provided during the nighttime hours. They are required to immediately alert both captain and first mate of anything they see ahead. Whether it be an obstruction, land, anything worth noting.

SURGEONS

There are two surgeons aboard so that just one person doesn't have the whole crew's health weighing on their shoulders. The surgeons are, of course, the ones that are essentially the medics aboard and they do in fact perform surgery on the crew members when it's necessary. They make do with what they have on board the ship.

GUNNER
(This role is open!)

This person is skilled in the art of weaponry. They are going to make sure the crew are well prepared should they ever need to come to battle. Whether it be from enemy pirates, sea monsters, or even the royal navy! They also clean the canons so they're shiny clean, as well as loading the canons and firing them when the ship is under attack.

(This role is open!)

The newest member of the pirate crew. They are completely inexperienced and unprepared for the way of the pirates. Thankfully, the rest of the crew are willing and able to teach them what to do. But they are usually tasked with cleaning the ship and fetching things for the other members of the crew.

TAILOR
(This role is open!)

The tailor is someone who makes and fixes clothing. They also do fittings and adjust clothes sizes to make sure the crew are comfortable and happy. They patch up tears and maybe do cute little patchwork.

RULE ONE
LGBTQ+ friendly and accepting here! I will not tolerate any sort of homophobia, transphobia, ableism, or overall bigotry here. You will be kicked out if you show that you are any of these things.

RULE TWO
Roles are not first come first serve. They are application based so multiple people may go for the same role and I will pick which character(s) I think best fit the role. Also, you can apply for up to 2 characters since there's roles that call for 2 characters.

RULE THREE
Realistic (real people) Faceclaims only! And speaking of that, I would like all faceclaims to be historical. So no instagram models or Youtubers or anyone like that. AI images, anime, drawings, etc are prohibited from being used as Faceclaims.

RULE FOUR
This roleplay is going to be semi-advanced to advanced. One-liners will not be accepted here. Please try to go for 3 or more paragraphs and give others enough to work with.

RULE FIVE
Discord is required for OOC. There will be an Onsite OOC while we make applications but that will be temporary and until we get our crew positions filled. If you do not have Discord, please refrain from expressing interest.

RULE SIX
Do not leave anyone out of the roleplay. This includes plotting and interaction. It's very unnecessary and just straight up rude. Please ensure that you plot with everybody.

RULE SEVEN
Just have fun!

OOC
Lore
Applications

Last edited:
Just to double-check, we're able to make our characters any of the non-human species that you listed?

monkeydoll555 monkeydoll555 blue tea blue tea deskkar deskkar Talathel Talathel SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles Klown Klown lyn. lyn. Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish

Here is the temporary OOC guys! <3

:000 This sounds so fun omg, definitely interested!(•̀o•́)ง

my interest is immediately piqued by the idea of vampire pirate, commenting so I don't lose this later lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back