• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Cirque du Sommiel {interest check}

Would you prefer anime or real pictures as face claims?

• Real

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anime

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

slimmyjimjim7

Cirque du Sommiel is the circus of sleep, the infamous circus that appears in the backwoods of a small town. It appears without warning and randomly and by the next day it is gone, it's all under one large stripped tent held up by six posts made from chalk boards where people who want to watch the show sign there name on one of the posts with the chalk that litters the ground around them. And those who enter are treated to a glorious show full of entertainment and wonder, spectacular and impossible feats. But there is a rumor that is spread around town that if you fall asleep during the show that they take you into their circus and you become apart of their show, for good. Whether you chose to sleep or not, trying to fulfill a bet, you lost a dare, or you're trying to disprove the legend either way if you fall asleep then there will be no way out. So, will you be able to stay awake or will you fall asleep and to the circus life you go.

I will need new comers (characters that are new to the circus scene) and old timers (those who have been around for a long time in the circus). Just checking how much attention this gets before I make the roleplay, keep in mind that this will be a bit more advanced with posts of at least two paragraphs and characters that should be highly creative and interesting.

Ooooh, Slimmy Jimbro~

Hey~

You've got a great mind there, hello.

I'd be willing to hop into the world of the whimsicality or, well, opaqueness of this story.

If you'd have me... Not many will anymore, it seems.

But y'know, I will be here.

Definitely interested as a new comer. What kind of strange abilities would circus folks typically have?

OOH, I wanna play someone who does animal taming, yaaaaaaaaaaaass, this would be most enjoyable!

I think subtle powers would be cool, pertaining to the person's particular performance profession, that possibly has a purpose in their part of the show.

Hm?

Ringmaster= Some sort of control over the performers.

Tamer= Contact with animals.

Flyer in trapeze acts= Minor flight abilities.

Clowns= Some minor control over dimensions or illusions that help to fit into small spaces or disappear at will but not much more than minor illusionary practices or dimensional walking/tampering.

ETC.

Yes they do actually and the times of positions that would be needed for the circus would be: ring master, beast tamer, acrobat, freak show, magician, fire breather, and now a puppet master.

All with their own abilities which come to them when they are taken by the circus, the abilities are given to them in the form of a tattoo that is burned into their skin at the time of their taking. Also when a person is taken their soul becomes immortally wrapped in the circus meaning that old timers can be from any era.

[QUOTE="kira blackthorn]Neat!
That's good because my puppet master does have powers that fit to his act.

[/QUOTE]
does this character have a real or anime face claim?

I like the idea of being the freak show. Also, for it what did you have in mind. Just to be on the same page

I'll just wait to see how the vote goes before deciding on which way to go. I'd prefer real face claims but I am a man of the people and would like to go with whatever anyone else wants. Also I have no previous ideas about any of the roles so any idea is one the table right now.

Sounds like a plan. To be honest I don't care if it is either real or anime, though i do have more anime selection.. No matter though. However it turns out, it turns out

Ah, I feel a bit of a lean in our balance of preference~

If there were a compromise I would go for that as well, I am just excited for the premise.

[QUOTE="kira blackthorn]I like anime because it gives us more of a selection

[/QUOTE]
Yes, I agree!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back