News Chat Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordecai

the traitorous queen
Hey guys!

As I'm sure most of you have noticed that we are trying the chat bar again. Woohoo! It is currently not available for mobile devices; however, that issue is being worked on. That said, there will be a more official tutorial on the functionality of it soon, but right now we are trying to investigate whether or not there are errors going on with it. While plenty of people have had access to it, we want to know: does anyone not have access to the chatbar?

If not, what sort of warnings are you receiving and what browser are you on?

Have you tried clearing your cache/cookies and restarting your web browser? Did this fix the problem?

The chatbar should appear at the bottom of your screen and should look like:

Screen%20shot%202015-06-14%20at%2012.36.34%20AM_zpsydmgv5pr.png

Thanks!

-RpNation Staff

Update

If none of this works, try:

1. Logging off
  2. Logging back into RpNation while making sure "Stay Logged In"
  3. Close browser, restart browser.

Did this fix it for anyone?

Update 2

The bar is currently down for maintenance to fix issues and kinks that have been pointed out. It will be back online shortly. In the meantime, please enjoy the old SB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mordecai said:
Hey guys!
As I'm sure most of you have noticed that we are trying the chat bar again. Woohoo! It is currently not available for mobile devices; however, that issue is being worked on. That said, there will be a more official tutorial on the functionality of it soon, but right now we are trying to investigate whether or not there are errors going on with it. While plenty of people have had access to it, we want to know: does anyone not have access to the chatbar?

If not, what sort of warnings are you receiving?

Thanks!

-RpNation Staff
Thanks for the information Mordecai!

The bar is there for me, but there's a yellow triangle caution symbol where the "chat now" box is in the screenshot, which tells me I should be logged in before using it, however I am obviously logged in. I tried refreshing the page.

I feel stupid because that little arrow thing on the right side of the bar (in the screenshot since I'm on mobile) seems to be the answer to my question,but will it be able to be disabled/turned off if desired?

queencophine said:
The bar is there for me, but there's a yellow triangle caution symbol where the "chat now" box is in the screenshot, which tells me I should be logged in before using it, however I am obviously logged in. I tried refreshing the page.
Could you try clearing your cookies/cache.

Mobius said:
I feel stupid because that little arrow thing on the right side of the bar (in the screenshot since I'm on mobile) seems to be the answer to my question,but will it be able to be disabled/turned off if desired?
Yes, the little arrow on the far right side will disable the chat bar. You can turn it back on by clicking the same arrow.

Mordecai said:
Yes, the little arrow on the far right side will disable the chat bar. You can turn it back on by clicking the same arrow.
Okay,thanks!I thought so,but before I got all click happy on my computer I thought I would make sure :P .

AdriannaZane said:
I also have the yellow caution symbol telling me I need to be logged in to use it. I've refreshed and logged out then back in.
Which browser are you using?

Could you clear your cookies and cache for me to see if it makes a difference?

Mordecai said:
Hey guys!

If not, what sort of warnings are you receiving and what browser are you on?

Have you tried clearing your cache/cookies and restarting your web browser? Did this fix the problem?

Thanks!

-RpNation Staff
Coolioko

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Which browser are you using?
Could you clear your cookies and cache for me to see if it makes a difference?

[/QUOTE]
Internet Explorer. My other computer uses google chrome and it's not working on it either. Sure I'll try clearing everything. I normally clear them after each use of my laptop or desk top though.

Try this if clearing cache/cookies doesn't work:
  1. Log off your account
  2. Log back into RpNation while making sure "Stay Logged In"
  3. Close browser, restart browser.

Did this fix it for anyone?

Hi Morde and D.Wiz,

FYI I'm once again unable to log in to Chat with the same "please login to use chat" error page after I restarted my PC later on after I managed to join the chatroom. Did the same thing clearing caches and everything, no luck as usual.

I really like where you can privately IM with another user or more in the new chat, as it allows you to do fast post collaborations or planning character tie-ups for your CSes in RPs. All the best in fixing the issues for the chat room, you have my support, admins :3

UPDATE: Ticking the "Stay logged in" box when I'm going to log into RpN allows me to join chat. Hope this helps :x

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back