Food Change my mind... Oriental dishes are, in general, better than Western dishes.

Warrior Spirit

Most people enjoy trips to Panda Express more than McDonalds. Even white Americans prefer Chinese buffets than diners.

Do any of you actually disagree?

To me, it depends on the quality of the food, and just whatever I'm in the mood for. I don't like Macdonalds, but other than that, I don't typically crave one over the other.

I will say, though, I'd probably choose a good diner over a Chinese buffet should the occasion arise. That might be more of a germ thing, though, as I'd choose a diner over any type of buffet.

I've never eaten at Panda Express. I have gone inside to pick up an order to deliver and I can't say, after looking at what's there, I'm inclined to eat it. There are far better Asian Cuisine, with better quality. But I enjoy a variety of food, from all over, and I don't feel one is better than the other because in the end it all goes down the same.

Panda Express is hella mid. It's good to go in and get a cheap meal fast and that's about it. I would not rank PE especially higher than any type of food.

To that end, Asian and "Western" food has no inherent superiority at all what's so ever.

Okay maybe this is out of the scope of the discussion, but properly made homemade western cuisine (Usually) trumps the equivalent of eastern cuisine, with the drawback of being obscenely less healthy.

Okay maybe this is out of the scope of the discussion, but properly made homemade western cuisine (Usually) trumps the equivalent of eastern cuisine, with the drawback of being obscenely less healthy.

If you have a high tolerance for a very high fat meal, American meals are gonna be heaven. But how much of that can you take? It sometimes feel like you're eating heated lard.

If you have a high tolerance for a very high fat meal, American meals are gonna be heaven. But how much of that can you take? It sometimes feel like you're eating heated lard.
Sometimes I feel like eating heated lard would be easier to stomach, but I'll admit the first few bites are heavenly. What's your favourite dish?

Sometimes I feel like eating heated lard would be easier to stomach, but I'll admit the first few bites are heavenly. What's your favourite dish?

Peking duck is number one. But if it's something from a diner here in the States... I'd say chicken fried steak or a Philly sandwich.

I don't understand why lots of people like pancakes. It's just flour. I don't understand anyone liking them.

You're not wrong tbh, although fast food is not what I'd use to determine this. European cuisine in general, though, I've always found rather bland in comparison to anything Asia has to offer. There are some exceptions, however, such as Mediterranean and Balkan cuisine. Like, a person can't consume those and tell me they aren't delicious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back