• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Cat & Mouse - a 1x1 Detective + Mystery plot [OPEN]

Nue

CAT&MOUSE

1x1; Detective, Crime, Mystery

CW: mentions of death; mentions of violence
Scroll➷

A woman is found, dead, in an alleyway.

She's been stabbed - badly, multiple times. More than you would ever possibly need to do to finish someone off. A crime of passion, maybe, or paranoia. Either way, if there's one thing for certain, it's that whoever the culprit is, they wanted to make sure she stayed dead.

Her name is Cecilia Strickland, and she is the third this month. Two other young woman were found in similar predicaments - brutally disfigured, stabbed many times, and left out in the cold in a decidedly public location. Worryingly, the time elapsed between the second and third murder is much shorter than the time between the first and second. With what seems to be a possible serial killing case developing, two of Arkport City Police Department's finest detectives are placed at the head of the investigation, but it won't be long before they, too, become targets.

♜ ♘ ♕ ♝ ♜ ♘ ♕ ♝♜ ♘ ♕ ♝♜ ♘ ♕ ♝♜ ♘ ♕ ♝♜ ♘ ♕ ♝♜ ♘ ♕ ♝♜ ♘ ♕ ♝♜ ♘ ♕ ♝♜

So, the general idea here is that two detectives, with vastly opposing views on how their job should be handled, are put together to solve a case. Initially, this seems like it should be a walk in the park for two accomplished investigators such as themselves: there are strong similarities linking each murder, and just enough evidence left behind that the whole thing seems a little sloppy. But it becomes quickly apparent that none of these oversights are actual mistakes, and that this killer has just lured the two of them into a deadly cat-and-mouse game, where they and the people around them could very well become the next victims.

I mentioned that the two characters have very different ways of investigating - but don't worry, I'm not going to dictate exactly what that difference is, and we can discuss it as we plot to make sure we're both playing characters we want to play. The difference could be that one of them is more traditional and the other employs more.. eccentric techniques, maybe one of them is a seasoned detective and the other is some kind of new, young prodigy that the other just simply doesn't trust, maybe one of them is more aggressive in their approach and more willing to bend the rules. Point is; I won't force you to play a certain archetype. ^^

If you are interested, there are only a few rules and things I'd like you to keep in mind:

🞄 I'm 18. I'd prefer that you're in the same age range as me; nothing against younger roleplayers, but I'd just be more comfortable knowing you're not a minor, because this roleplay will have a lot of darker elements.

🞄 No set response length, but one paragraph minimum is preferred and detail/decent grammar is required

🞄 I don't expect you to respond instantly, I don't want things to be stressy so it's completely fine if you take a while to respond, just note I'll probably poke you to see if you're still interested in continuing if it's been a while without response.

🞄 My usual response lengths are around 2-3 paragraphs, but I can definitely go longer. It's all sort of dependent on the situation and what I'm replying to. Either way, I'll always try to match your post length, and will always try to give something that can easily be responded to, or pushes the plot forward.

🞄 PM me if interested!

template by astraea ∙ beware hidden scrolling

I'm interested in this plot if you're still looking. If you could PM me, that'd be great since I'm having some issues with doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back