Story Carl's C4D Project/Movieclip

Carl

Not A Llama...
Just a few notes about the video of my project:

- It's not done yet, I'm still going to tweak colors/movements/animation speed, just wanted to render this version already for in case something goes horribly wrong while tweaking it, this way I have a 'backup'.

- Everything you see is handmade and made starting from basic forms like cubes/cilinders/..., from the characters/robots to the room, desk, tv, ...

- The animation isn't as simple as moving the robot or looping one sequence, everything has to be done manually, I won't bore you with technical terms but there's a *lot* that you need to modify every few frames when you want to animate a movement or action.

- Enjoy, and please leave constructive criticism on what would be best to change. I know there are lots of areas to improve this project in so feel free to comment. ^^

- I'll upload the final version of the project once it's tweaked, probably starting next month 'cause I'm nearing the end of my bandwith ^^

Edit: - There is no story to this project btw, I needed to do a project with robots so I chose a Bender-looking robot and decided to make it matrix-y ... just in case you were wondering xD

[video=youtube;JrhcettDaqw][media]

[/media]

Update:

- Falling pimpdice ( [media]

[/media] )

- Campfire ( [media]

[/media] )

- Text Effect ( [media]

[/media] )

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice, and well done ^^

Only thing that really had me going 'Meh' is that the movement seemed slow and the floating walking.

Great job though, I liked it ^^

Thanks, and yeah I adjusted both the speed of the movement and the mid-air position when it wasn't wanted.

I also changed the camera position when Bender throws the chair, changed the color of one of the Agents, the yellow one, and some more minor tweaks. ^^

Also added a short description & title-animation :)

"My name is Bender;please insert kicker!"

Nice animation. From the blurb in the OP,it seems you have to manually move every joint manually per frame,per character. After making the 3D model. Ouch. And here's me trying to use Blender to make 3D pictures...

Like Dylan said,seems slow at times,but I thought it was deliberate,as a Matrix reference.

Yes and no, at first I wanted to make matrix-like movements but in the end it turned out to be in-between so I had to choose and I chose normal speed. Which I adjusted in my most recent version of the project ^^

And yeah I have to manually move every goal ( joint ) & pole ( direction of which the joint bends ).

Haha that's cute, Robiki.

My favorite part was when he threw the chair xD

Good job!

The 'float-walking' and the camera angle when he throws the chair were a little weird, but it looks like you already knew that.

...Jeeze, and I thought I was osm just for building 3D models in Sketchup and mine don't even move! Hahaha!

Thanks for your input nonetheless Fhauxah :)

Never heard of Sketchup but if you want I can give you a site for a Cinema 4D download?

That way I can help you out if you need assistance with modelling and/or animation? :)

Cheers, and thanks for the input everyone :) really appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back