Can Dragon Kings cast Summon Demon of the First Circle?

garter_snake

From the roll of glorious divinity 2:

"When one of the rare mortal initiates of the Circle of Emerald

tries to cast Demon of the First Circle, she discovers

something terrible. The spell can call the demon forth

but offers no binding (as that is dependent on the pledge

of servitude made to the gods and Exalts alone at the

close of the Primordial War)...."

my question is if dragon kings can bind demons through sorcery. Though they arn't exalts, they did take part in the Primordial War on the side of the gods, so would they be able to take advantage of the demon's surrender oaths?

Reading as written, the Dragon Kings are not Exalts, but special Essence users. Thus it could be seen that they do not come under the purview of the surrender oaths. They had no god specifically backing them to ensure they were included, so unless the Eclipse who sealed the final oath remembered to include them, then I would be inclined to say, 'Sorry, no.".

Captain Hesperus

My answer would be no, but, Dragon Kings explored many avenues of Thaumaturgy, and may be able to summon demons through those rites

The Dragon Kings paid a heavy price in lives during the Primordial War (about 120 million killed in a way that they would not reincarnate). And, when the war ended, they were still sentient in large numbers and "remained valuable allies of the Solar Deliberative" (SoFR, pg.10). It doesn't seem unreasonable to me that they would have been included in the oaths, as thanks for their service.

They can learn sorcery as easily as Dragon-Blooded can (scroll of fallen races, pg. 47). The book says nothing about them being unable to summon demons, for whatever that is worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back