• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Cabinet Minister x Intern (specific pairing, knowledge of British political system required!)

UncoordinatedPisces

Realising your username doesn't fit :(
For a full list of requirements, click here.

The basic idea:
M/C would be a Politics and International Relations student at King's College London who has just managed to nab herself an internship to shadow to Y/C, who is a Cabinet Minister (you decide on the department i.e. Education, Health, Transport, one of the minister's representing Wales/Scotland/N.I - up to you!). Y/C is carrying a lot of baggage; an unhappy marriage, a drinking problem and not to mention the daily pressure of the government. They really enjoy having M/C around, even if they can be a bit blunt and short with them; they are a breath of fresh air. M/C is secretly attracted to their short-term boss, and begins to care for them on a personal level. Slowly, they manage to get Y/C to open up. The two begin an affair that would be scandalous if anyone found out, and Y/C is already saddled with a lot of problems. Will M/C start to crack under the pressure? Will Y/C get themselves so deep into a scandal that the affair becomes public? What would happen if blackmail became involved?

Other things to know:
  • This would be set in London, as that's where the duties of a Cabinet Minister are done. This would require knowledge of the British political system, I'm studying History & Politics at the moment so its not a stretch for me. I'd be happy to help you out, but some initial knowledge must be there.
  • My character would be 20 in this pairing, and your character would probably have to be in their late 30s at least.
  • I would definitely prefer this to be a M x F pairing, with my student being the female. However, I will consider MxM and FxF if there are people out there who really love the idea but not the gender pairing!
  • This is kind of inspired by the show 'The Thick Of It', but no real romances took place on there!
So yeah, if you're interested please feel free to post here or PM me! Really craving this one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back