• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Bough's Interest Check (Fantasy and Fandom [Star Wars, Adult Animation, Gothic Lit, Classic Movies])

UnderBough

Raiser of Eyebrows
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello all! I introduced myself on the intro thread, but I figured I'd stick my interests here as well. I've been roleplaying since early middle school (so over a decade) and enjoy roleplaying in fantasy/speculative settings and fandom settings, but I am open to other things. Just ask!
My style is usually 3rd person past tense and while I do try to write at least two paragraphs, I may go shorter or longer depending on the day and my energy level.

I do not roleplay romances between player characters.

My fandoms are as follows in order of current interest; you can find them on my About page as well! Let me know if any of these spark your interest, and ask me if I'm part of any other fandoms because there's no way I could list all of them.
  1. Arsenic and Lace
  2. Star Wars [any era except Old Republic and New Republic/First Order. Galactic Republic and Empire-era roleplays are preferred.]
  3. The Venture Bros
  4. Redwall
  5. Dracula [Hammer, Bram Stoker]
  6. Hammer Frankenstein
  7. The Great Mouse Detective
Plot Ideas:

This will grow and change as I think of new things and lose interest in others.

1: Arsenic and Old Lace. You don't necessarily have to know the fandom; I can give you a rundown or you can watch the movie for free on the Internet Archive! I'd like someone to play a canon character or an oc opposite my Jonathan Brewster and Einstein. The fellas would be trying to get a plastic surgery business started in the old Brewster House or somewhere nearby. You as a player would have the opportunity to try and find out what's going on, then help or hinder their work as they attempt to entice mafia members to employ their services. That's just the rough idea.

2. A Star Wars roleplay taking place between 19 BBY and 5 ABY with a focus on organized crime, politics, and conflicts between the Outer Rim and Core Worlds. I've got a couple characters the could work, some canon, some original: A few humans [clones included], a Nautolan, a morally neutral Hutt, a Phindian, and an oc from a homebrew race called Morellians.

One final point of order: Please PM me if you're interested in roleplaying rather than posting down here in the thread; I'm gonna try and reserve that area for bumps and I like to keep things tidy! It's not a big deal if you forget, and I do actually encourage questions on clarifying language to be put in the thread where others can see. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
That just means main characters as opposed to NPCs. Sorry, I'm not used to roleplay forum lingo yet. Transferred over from a pretty small writing site, and my experience beyond that is D&D.

Oh, got ya. You're fine. I'm not new to this website, but it's been years since I came back last.
Would you be interested in roleplays involving weres and/or lycans?

I'm afraid that's not really my area of expertise, but I do enjoy classic-era vampires if that's the sort of vibe you'd be going for with your weres.

Have you seen Underworld or Van Helsing (the one with Hugh Jackman)? That's the type of vampires and lycans that I like.

I love Van Helsing, such a fun movie. I'm not sure actually, since I haven't seen Moulin Rouge. lol

It's a strange movie...definitely an acquired taste. I did watch it four times in one night while I had a fever, which I guess speaks to my love for it? Maybe I'll give Van Helsing a watch sometime then!

Maybe it does. I used to watch Beauty and the Beast everytime I got sick when I was younger. You definitely should!
So are you interested?

I have a feeling my characters might clash with the Van Helsing-esque weres, I'm afraid...like I said before, they're more along the lines of a Hammer horror movie rather than early 2000s. If you think there's a chance they could mesh then I might give it a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back