Other Bits and Bobs of Samples

Eyes

Ayo, I’m Eyes and I wanted to share a few bits of my writing. It’s going to be a random assortment first and foremost, with a scant bit of context before every post. I did a lot of fanfiction back in the day so you might see that. I plan to share some of my personal work that I have from other RPs too. Basically anything that can show off my “writing prowess” might be shared here for future reference. Roleplay will be the foot I’m putting forward, make no doubt of that. I love my long winded monologues and descriptive actions as much as the next person. Honestly, I just hope to have fun with this and get back into writing!

There isn’t a feeling of hot or cold in the daydream. It could feel as if there is but what it really is is the body’s immaculate memory of sensations. The feeling of rain pattering against skin, real only because his mind remembered it. Water dripping and curving, leaving a cold trail from his eyes to his chin. His nose sniffles, as if the cold were real, and his features redden with sickness.

“Why are you crying?”

They turn to Ether’s— Ghost Skin, not Ether, not yet—with glassy eyes. He tries to articulate it but his throat hitches instead. The world pauses as if his inability to speak inhibits it from writing its next response. Silently, they study Ghost Skin’s features. Their skin is translucent and blue and he can see the blades of grass they laid down on. Their eyes echo the stars above, sparkling with a light that will take millions of years before he learns they burnt out. Their hair is white and soft, like flower petals, with tints of color at the tips. This is the Ether that’s come back, the friend they had lost for so long.

It’s the same daydream, as it always is, and they’re watching the stars with their friend. The games and fun tired them out and now, after the sun had set on the horizon, the two of them are allowed a tranquil moment together.

“I’m so happy you’re back,” they whisper, finally.

Ghost Skin looks at them with confusion. “I’ve been here.” In this field. In this daydream. In this make-believe world where everything is good.

“Did you care about me?” he asks the wrong person. He clears his throat as a tightening feeling chokes around his throat.

They chuckle, the very question absurd. “Yeah? I wouldn’t hang out with someone who I don’t, at least, like or care about. Why do you ask?”

You care because I make you care, he locks the thought away. Each word from their mouth is a carefully constructed farce in order to keep the bad thoughts in his mind away. The Ether here is made of affirmations, of playful teasing. They don’t have their anger, their sadness, their worries, their fears, or anything real. They’re a dumb slushy of a person that they’ve reduced to this.

“I’m glad that you do. You’re here and you care and I should be so happy. I should be happy.” Tears flow and water the ground below.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back