Birthright or Conquest?

Infinatis

Apprentice Knight
So, Im planning on getting Fire Emblem Fates soon but don't know which one to get first since I plan on playing both. I've played FE7 until the last 5 chapters and halfway through Sacred Stones so which one would you recommend?

According to a friend of mine who has been a Fire Emblem fanatic for well over a decade now

Birthright is easier but has a better story.

Conquest is more challenging but has a weaker story.

So I guess it really depends on if you want an escalation in plot or difficulty. I'm planning on tackling Birthright first but that's just me.

It really depends on the difficulty you want to play at and the story you want. I chose my route based on the colors of the box xD

I didn't really do much research about the games beyond learning there were three games. I have both games and have beaten both so if you have a specific question I can try to answer it.

Ammy said:
According to a friend of mine who has been a Fire Emblem fanatic for well over a decade now

So I guess it really depends on if you want an escalation in plot or difficulty. I'm planning on tackling Birthright first but that's just me.
I might get Birthright first then since I suck at fire emblem tbh. Thank god for Save States. SO i'll tackles the games in difficulty then get Revelations. Thank you

Ammy said:

Imo it depends on your tastes on the intresting story level. But I've always been the "paragon white knight do anything because it's the right thing to do" kinda person, so playing through Conquest was quite a poor experience for me, but from a writing perspective, it's a lot closer in form to the original writing style of earlier FE, IMO. Not the same, but close enough that it's like a blurry photo.

Birthright is enjoyable from what I've seen of it (don't have the $20 to pay for it quite yet) But if you liked the more original writing style of Fire Emblem, it's not going to be as favorable. Not terrible by any means, but if you're a purist kinda like myself when it comes to judging if it's a good Fire Emblem game, it's not.

However, on difficulties, you're correct. Conquest is incredibly difficult, even as about an 8 year vet of Fire Emblem and having played every game (though it's been a long time since I did) I had to turn down the difficulty for it myself. Seeing as you don't have a whole lot of experience @OP, I would suggest Birthright first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back