Avengers?

lauge_perto

Didn't Stillborn create the "Avengers" compendium that existed on EC¹? And if it was/wasn't couldn't someone tell me were I can get them - my copy got burned (yep, burned) so I need to print a new one, and I have apparently deleted my old version...

- Lauge

That was not me!

I was kind of hoping that chapter of EC history could be left as an embarassing secret.

-S

Stillborn said:
That was not me!
I was kind of hoping that chapter of EC history could be left as an embarassing secret.
You know what, I think it was you - and why keep it a secret, they weren't THAT lame, they were kinda lame, but not to the degree that you would keep it a secret, were they? I have used them somewhat, not entirely the way you (or whomever it was) thought it up to be, but still - I could use that compendium.

- Lauge

Stillborn said:
That was not me!

-S
Don't be ashamed of your history.  We all do things that embarass us.  Of course by "we" I mean "you," and by "things" I mean "make a retarded new type of Exalt called Avengers."

In stillborns defence, his idea is actually quite good, so long as you don't make use of any of his ideas for the background of these "exalted" and just make your own background centered around a neetly built skeleton of rules (of course White-Wolf probably gave him some hints of how to built it). Thats what I need - the charms part - it wasn't all bad.

- Lauge

In stillborns defence, his idea is actually quite good, so long as you don't make use of any of his ideas for the background of these "exalted" and just make your own background centered around a neetly built skeleton of rules (of course White-Wolf probably gave him some hints of how to built it). Thats what I need - the charms part - it wasn't all bad.
- Lauge
Remember that other piece Stillborn submitted before he submitted the Avengers?  I think it was something about Super Solars.

Joseph said:
Remember that other piece Stillborn submitted before he submitted the Avengers?  I think it was something about Super Solars.
I can't say I do, but I have a feeling you will tell me, this board and a whole lot more about it   :D

- Lauge

Joseph said:
Asshole.

-S

Joseph said:
I can't say I do, but I have a feeling you will tell me, this board and a whole lot more about it   :D

- Lauge
He took a convention from Dragon Ball Z (Super Saiyans) and wrote up a mechanical system by which Solars could become powered up "Super Solars," accompanied by a cut scene from DBZ with the names changed to Exalt appropriate names.

The Super Solar story was the greatest! :D

Okay, it might not have been... Something any sane person would have implemented in a non-ridiculous game, but it gave us something to laugh about or to talk about for aeons afterwards.

And Stillborn hasn't submitted something veen remotely that bad in many years to my knowledge, and we all did things that sucked years ago. And the Super Solar story in now way compared to the worst story in EC. The one about the Solar Dynast Blacksmith of the Realm who created tons of masterwork-quality equipment for his whole army to help beat an enemy troupe was much, much worse.

Loremaster said:
And Stillborn hasn't submitted something veen remotely that bad in many years to my knowledge, and we all did things that sucked years ago.
Ok... It looks like people are actually taking Joseph seriously.

For the record, someone named Josh Bain did the Avengers. I am not him.

Nor am I the one who came up with "Super Solars", thought I don't know that guy's name.

-S

I would love it if we could get some of the bad stuff brought back... Super Solars was funny... ^_^

I loved super solars. After I read it, I told my group about it - and it has become a "thing". Its like an urban legend, only more shitty. It still stands as a unique piece of writing in my mind - a true legend.

- Lauge

I've seen a file called 'Exalted - Avengers (fan)' turn up in search results of the file-sharing program I use. I never downloaded it so I don't know if it is complete . . . but if anyone is serious about getting Avengers, that's one way to go about it.

Wow, I almost fell for that. Stillborn creating Avengers? AND super-solars?! Guess not, could be funny though.

But you're right lauge. Those submissions are legend. Part of EC's mythic past.

Anyone remember the Maulotaur? The guy that created it made another one equally horrible - some invinsible mechanic deathlord nightmare. Truly hilarious.

Haku said:
But catanoik, they're so bad... that they're funny and good... ^_-
Oh..they're hilarious..I ran a joke game with my friends once, where they were thrown into a time portal and ended up in present day, then went through a tournament like in DBZ..they went Super Solar, and ended up killing everyone, methinks.

Then the UC stepped in and swept their Exaltations away in a very silly manner.

All in all, it was quite amusing.

Indeed... this ranks up there with the Lunar with the man totem and a Deadly Man-Man Transformation... ^_^

Haku said:
Indeed... this ranks up there with the Lunar with the man totem and a Deadly Man-Man Transformation... ^_^
That fellow was fantastic, and NOTHING that was said to him could dissuade him.  He lived the dream, even though the dream really wasn't worth living.

Haku said:
Lmfao! That, my friend, is quite amusing.
Amusing?! It's priceless, nothing less than brilliant! Just that anyone could even think the words: Deadly Man-Man Transformation is beyond me. Oh, I pine for the old EC : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back