• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Game of Greed (Open)

Teen Extraordinaire]They are? Guess she's gonna be shorter now. :-/ [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/24291-shireling/ said:
@Shireling[/URL]
Nothing wrong with them being the same height. 5'7 is a good height. Haha! I just thought it was funny.

I wanted to say that the current state of things in this universe has been about 25 years in the making, meaning that those under 25 have been born into the situation. The first fifteen years or so was the deterioration of the democratic system, etc. Next five was the implementation of their current zone system. And the last five has been just a consistent decline of things leading to less food, more crime, etc.

RealisticFantasy said:
I wanted to say that the current state of things in this universe has been about 25 years in the making, meaning that those under 25 have been born into the situation. The first fifteen years or so was the deterioration of the democratic system, etc. Next five was the implementation of their current zone system. And the last five has been just a consistent decline of things leading to less food, more crime, etc.
So Reverend Rutledge would've been exiting Seminary and entering the ministry during the decline.

[QUOTE="Teen Extraordinaire]And...my character would have been born into this.

[/QUOTE]
"Ya wouldn't remember the way things were before, ye wee wiper-snapper."

[QUOTE="Teen Extraordinaire]So he's Scottish?

[/QUOTE]
No, he's American. I'm just trying and failing at modulating an old man voice.

[QUOTE="Teen Extraordinaire]Think Nick Nolte and you should be fine.

[/QUOTE]
I imagine Reverend Rutledge having a pretty smooth voice, but with like a little vibrato.

[QUOTE="Teen Extraordinaire]Oh...Morgan Freeman?

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but not quite as deep and more...white-guy-ey.

Also: Really silly question probably, but I was wondering just how much everything has changed?

Like, are you going to be barbers or schools or anything you couldn't do at home and if so what zone do those kinds of businesses stop appearing? Is zone one on the level of living as say an American suburb? Better? Worse? In what ways? Do they have grocery stores? Just how bad is zone four for getting an education? How does this new society view the lgbt+ community and other minorities? Does anyone have even rudimentary electricity?

How is plumbing or the lack of it? How much more dangerous is getting a cold? Can getting a piercing legit kill you? Are there even materials to do a homemade one? Are tattoos now a sign of age as no one below a certain age will ever be able to have one? How are hospitals in general? If you get stabbed, are you as good as dead? Just how much do people care about underage drinking? Is there still a problem with vice crimes? Do different families trade different valuable skills with each other?

There was probably at the very least a period where everything just didn't work right? I know the descent was 15 years, but do you have a general timeline of when what stopped working or when what country fell to anarchy etc?

Basically, I'm a just really big world building nerd haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zone 1

Hospitals: Several with skilled doctors that are passing on their medical knowledge

Grocery Stores: Farmer's market-style

Electricity: Run by generators

Education: Up to high school level

Plumbing: Yes

Zone 2

Hospitals: A handful with doctors that have some medical training

Grocery Stores: Ration stations, better than those of Zone 3

Electricity: For necessities only

Education: Military education

Plumbing: Run-off from Zone 1

Zone 3

Hospitals: Resident-run

Grocery Stores: Ration stations exist with goods transported out from Zone 1

Electricity: No

Education: Some education from parents, minimal formal education

Plumbing: Only if the Residents have jerry-rigged it

Zone 4

Hospitals: No, you can find a bandage here and there

Grocery Stores: No

Education: Minimal, many Residents are largely illiterate

Plumbing: No

Zone 5

Hospitals: No

Education: None

Everyone is fairly indifferent to the LGBT+ community and minorities as they're more concerned with survival in other zones and Zone 1 is concerned with keeping themselves protected from the other zones, etc. Underage drinking is frowned upon in Zones 1 and 2 but nothing will really be done about it. In Zones 3, 4, and 5, alcohol is often given to ease pain when little else can be done about injuries so they hardly care about underage drinking. Crude tattoos and piercings can be done but they're more painful and more expensive. Few people take interest in them due to the risk of injection and the fact that they're purely aesthetic.

I'll work on a more through timeline soon. I hope that answers the rest of your questions, though. Also, if any of this fails to make sense, let me know. I'm only one person and I'm making it all up on the fly xD

@mikaluvkitties

RealisticFantasy said:
Zone 1

Hospitals: Several with skilled doctors that are passing on their medical knowledge

Grocery Stores: Farmer's market-style

Electricity: Run by generators

Education: Up to high school level

Plumbing: Yes

Zone 2

Hospitals: A handful with doctors that have some medical training

Grocery Stores: Ration stations, better than those of Zone 3

Electricity: For necessities only

Education: Military education

Plumbing: Run-off from Zone 1

Zone 3

Hospitals: Resident-run

Grocery Stores: Ration stations exist with goods transported out from Zone 1

Education: Some education from parents, minimal formal education

Plumbing: Only if the Residents have jerry-rigged it

Zone 4

Hospitals: No, you can find a bandage here and there

Education: Minimal, many Residents are largely illiterate

Zone 5

Hospitals: No

Education: None

Everyone is fairly indifferent to the LGBT+ community and minorities as they're more concerned with survival in other zones and Zone 1 is concerned with keeping themselves protected from the other zones, etc. Underage drinking is frowned upon in Zones 1 and 2 but nothing will really be done about it. In Zones 3, 4, and 5, alcohol is often given to ease pain when little else can be done about injuries so they hardly care about underage drinking. Crude tattoos and piercings can be done but they're more painful and more expensive. Few people take interest in them due to the risk of injection and the fact that they're purely aesthetic.

I'll work on a more through timeline soon. I hope that answers the rest of your questions, though. Also, if any of this fails to make sense, let me know. I'm only one person and I'm making it all up on the fly xD

@mikaluvkitties
Aaaaaahhhh thank you for answering my questions! Totally makes sense to me! Just! Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back