• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Active [Aslan City] Salting The Sea (1x1)

Spoiled Bread

The Lord of the Uneaten
This RP takes place in the Grand Duchy of Roran, following after I Summon Thee!. After passing the summoning class, Aqua asked for Phoebe's help to train her water magic and fight her fear. They seek a secluded rocky beach at the outskirt of the city for the training spot.

Cast:
Phoebe Penrose Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic
Aqua Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

1722139272276.png

She knew that she's the one who insisted on training on a beach as she also wants to fight her fear of the sea, but now that they're here, she felts like she just wants to go home. Aqua looked rather pale as she gazed warily into the ocean, as if a monster would jumped out of it and attack her any moment. Pinching her own face, she reminded herself why she's coming here for and recalled her resolve about becoming a strong-willed person.

Thankfully this place was a perfect spot for her. Its secluded enough that no one would see other than Phoebe if she somehow do something embarrassing, its close enough to the sea to expose herself to her fear but not open enough to the ocean to overwhelm her. Stepping into the sand, Aqua noticed that not only the place had plenty of boulders and stones of varying size, but tiny shards of rocks were also scattered throughout the beach and buried underneath the sand, making it unsuitable for people to play on. Guess that's why there's no one here.

"I-I-I-I-I'm r-r-ready...!"
She said nervously to Phoebe and shakily pointed her staff towards the water as if she's going to fight the sea itself.

Phoebe Penrose
Phoebe(Library2).png

Interactions: Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread
Languages: Common | [Terran]

The place Aqua led the 2 was certainly a ways away from civilization. Not that Phoebe minded, it was still a pretty and cozy little cove. As long as Aqua is comfortable with it, there's no reason to make a fuss. Not like there would be one to make with a nice place like this, a wonder that this place doesn't have as many people frequenting it. And today, it was their own personal magic training ground.

Aqua's seeming determination to fight the sea itself drew a lighthearted chuckle out of Phoebe. "Good enthusiasm, but I don't think the ocean is gonna put up a fight anytime soon! Well, no better time to get started than the present!" She clapped her hands, as if she were a teacher at the head of a classroom. "Let's see... you said you wanted to conjure and control water, so let's just focus on the control bit first! Good control is the back bone of a lot of magic, so let's get you used to controlling the flow of water using magic before trying to create water. Just go ahead and try lifting some water in a ball or arc out of the sea! Don't worry if you don't get it the first time, take as long as you need, we have all the time in the world right now."

Aqua
"R-R-Right!" That's true, Aqua thought. She was too tense for what's supposed to be a simple training. She slightly lower her staff, just enough to make it point to the sea while keeping her muscle relaxed. She started to quickly recite her incantation and soon enough a large ball of water emerged from the sea in front of her. For someone who was trying a new type magic, she didn't seems to have any difficulty at all.

"W-what next?" She said nervously to her mentor as she try to keep the water ball afloat, her eyes glancing nervously at it as if it might explode anytime soon.

Action:
1) Use Magic E, Water Affinity F, Magic Range F, Magic Area F and Spell Duration F to conjure a 15 ft water orb

Phoebe Penrose
Phoebe(Library2).png

"Oooh, not bad." It was a pretty good start considering Aqua had mentioned that she couldn't do water magic before. "We can probably take it up a few notches. Let's see... Give me a minute." As Aqua was maintaining the ball of water in the air, Phoebe went over a couple of feet away from Aqua, around 30-ish feet, and gathered whatever dried grass, washed-up pieces of wood, or really anything that could be set on fire and gather them all into a small pit in the sand that she would dig.

"We'll go with this setup, now..." With the snap of her finger, a single bolt of lighting shot forth from her hand, striking and igniting the gathered fire materials. "How about a little challenge, Aqua? Extinguish this fire with that orb of water and however many more you need to draw from the sea, but..." A few orbs of mana formed around Phoebe as she stood behind the fire pit. "I'll be using my own spells to try and intercept your orbs. Being able to focus under stress and react quickly are key skills in a lot of magic situations, especially if you're out in the world adventuring. This should be a good way to kill 3 birds with one stone. Don't worry, I'll tone it down from what you've seen me use before, you'll be able to evade my orbs if you time it right and you won't be in any danger with my selective magic skills."

Phoebe gave a reassuring smile to her pupil, a silent 'you'll be fine' before speaking again. "Whenever you're ready, Aqua. Let me know if you need to take a break." And with that, she readied herself for Aqua to begin the challenge.

Actions:
1) Magic F, Componentless Magic F, Lightning Affinity F, Focus F to create a small lightning strike to set the fire
2) Prepare [Magic Bullets E]- Magic E, Componentless Magic E, Magic Range E, Magic Targets F, Selective Magic E, Focus E, Energized E to intercept Aqua's orbs
  • Phoebe focuses her mana into spheres of concentrated magic, manifesting around Phoebe, that are then shot towards the targets. Targets must be within 100 feet of Phoebe at time of casting. Spell can target up to 5 enemies at the same time.

Aqua
"Ah, A c-hallenge. Got it!" Aqua was starting to her mind into the training as she gradually forgot that they've been training next to the sea. Her movement became less sluggish and her complexion less pale as she pointed her staff towards Phoebe while think of a strategy to defeat the challenge. Attacking head on would definitely be a no go as she's 100% sure she wouldn't be able to overpower Phoebe's magic, but defeating her wasn't the objective so she must focus on what she really needs to do.

"Here I come!" The crystal on her staff shine brightly as she ordered her 15ft water orb to move. Yet instead of sending the orb directly towards the fire, she instead placed the orb above it. Letting it loom over the area before cancelling her spell, with most element cancelling the spell simply mean it would vanish, but not with water. As it's a spell that control already existing substance, her cancelling it mean she simply let gravity do its job, and rain down 15 cubic ft worth of water over the area.

Action:
1) Move the water orb above the fire and then cancel the spell

Phoebe Penrose
Phoebe(Library2).png

Phoebe nodded as Aqua announced she was beginning her approach. The magic bullets she prepared before hand began firing towards the sphere of water one by one, being sure to keep the trajectory a straight line and not have it follow the target like usual for the sake of fairness. As Aqua's orb neared the space over the fire, she sent a bolt of magic its way. For a second, Phoebe thought she'd gotten it, that was until the water simply fell onto the fire.

"Well done, Aqua!" Phoebe couldn't help but smile as felt a strange sense of pride, even though she had lost the challenge to Aqua. The confidence she showed in that trial wasn't something she's seen as much in the short time that she's known her, all the better to see that she was slowly but surely beginning to grow that feeling! "You think you can manage to conjure up some water from using mana now?" She called over to Aqua as she started gathering more fire materials into another pit. "I'll light another fire, but this time, see if you can't conjure directly over or on the fire! After that, we could see how you put it all together in a friendly little duel to see how you work under pressure! Who knows, if we finish early maybe we could go for a little swim or something!"

As Phoebe finished her little preview of the next steps in the lesson plan, she had just about gathered enough materials for a new, slightly larger fire pit, which she once more set aflame with a snap and quick bolt of lighting. "Remember, the clearer you can picture it in your head, the easier it will be! If you're having trouble, listen to the waves next to you! Whenever you're ready!"

Aqua

Aqua did a little joyful jump as her water managed to extinguish the fire. She didn't seems to hesitate anymore on expressing herself more openly, at least right now. It might be small, but she wouldn't forget this feeling of accomplishment and the approval from someone she's looking up to!

Still, the test wasn't finished yet as Phoebe set up a bigger fire and this time she needs to do the challenge directly instead of using sneaky tactic like before. Still elated from her previous accomplishment, Aqua nodded confidently. She took several steps closer towards the sea, listening to the gentle bobbing wave repeatedly crawling onto the shore. That's true, if she close her eyes and focus on the sound of the sea it actually gave her a relaxing fuzzy feeling. Like a nostalgic summer youth memory that she never had.... OK, let's not go that way.

"I'm ready!" Raising her staff to the direction of the fire, Aqua started to chant another spell. This was a different spell from the big slow water orb before. She wanted something fast, a simple bolt of water that can immediately hit the fire. Magic started to form at the tip of her staff.

Then it suddenly snapped.

"Ehh?!"

Maybe her focus was lacking, maybe she chanted something wrong, or maybe she's just tired but Aqua could feel a sharp pang inside her mind and the next moment she found her vision spinning as if she just get off from a roller coaster. The young mage wobbled around like a drunk person before her leg stumbled on a rock and sent her tumbling into the shallow water face first. A surge of memory flooded her mind the moment her face touched the seawater, rendering her immobile as she slowly sunk into the water.

Action:
1) Water Blast - Magic E, Magic Range F, Water Affinity F, Focus F - Shoot a bolt of water at a target 30 feet away - Grade E - 1 Post Cooldown E grade on cooldown

Phoebe Penrose
Phoebe(Library2).png

Phoebe smiled to herself as she watched Aqua ready her staff and start casting her spell. Things were going pretty well so far and Aqua was showing good progress in both her control over water and in developing a better sense of confidence in her magic. The pink haired mage looked on, waiting to see what kind of water spell she could come up with, however, as it looked like Aqua was about to cast her spell, the water forming at her staff suddenly popped. The brief feeling of concern over that soon turned into panic as Aqua fell into the water.

"Aqua!" Phoebe rushed over to where she had face planted into the water. She grabbed hold of her arm before she could sink even further into the water, or worse swept out to sea, pulling her away from the shore and laying her by the fire she had made for the test to counteract the chill of sinking into the seawater. "Just sit tight Aqua, alright?" Phoebe knelt by Aqua's side as she concentrated her mana to cast the healing spell she created after the incident with the goblin nest she and Aqua had met during, the spell just so happening to be a water spell. Although it may seem counter-intuitive to most people to use water to treat someone who was just at risk of drowning, the water created by Phoebe's [Soothing Waters] acts as a temporary vehicle to deliver her healing magic, dissipating as soon as the job is done as to not create any more complications that would happen if the water were to remain.

A thin coat of the magic water formed around Aqua's face and her torso, Phoebe's efforts focused dealing with any seawater that may have gotten into her student and friend's respiratory system to stave off any pneumonia that could happen as a result. She also made sure to coat Aqua's forehead in the water too, in case she hit her head on something when she faceplanted into the sea. Aqua may not have been in the water for too long to warrant full use of Healing D, but with matters of health it's better to be safe than sorry. Not all things can be regained so easily as mana.

Action:
  • Cast [Soothing Waters]- Magic C, Componentless Magic C, Healing D, Water Affinity F, Magic Range E, Area of Effect E, Selective Magic E, Focus C, Energized C
    • Every ally/friendly entity within a 50 foot radius of the spell's epicenter has their injuries wrapped in a cool coat of water which heal the wounds. After the healing process is over, the water disappears just as suddenly as it manifested. The epicenter of the spell must be cast within a 100 foot radius of Phoebe. Hostiles within the spell's area of effect are not affected.
    • Grade C - 2 Post Cooldown
Cooldowns:
  • C Grade Abilities: 0/2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back