Artifact Item Quality

Tsuranis

[QUOTE="Scroll of Exalts]Of specific note, his first two artifact ratings cover the matching plasma tongue repeaters that never leave the man's sides. The weapons are of exceptional quality, with enhanced accuracy, damage and rate.

[/QUOTE]
Am I the only one who didn't realise that the item quality rules applied to artifacts as well as mundane items?

It's worth noting that the artifacts are listed as rating 2, so the cost has not increased to make them exceptional quality.

Maybe they are like everything else in the book, already of exceptional quality. The quoted price for every weapon in the core is for the exceptional quality version, just without your bonus factored in. I didn't think it applied to artifacts though.

I asked over on the WW forum, and got this reply:

Nephilpal replied on Thu, Feb 4 2010 1:29 PM
Holden:
There's no such thing as an exceptional artifact weapon. If his PTRs are listed as such, that is wrong.
Correction: There's no such thing as a non-exceptional artifact weapon. They all are. That's the point. If his PTRs are listed as such, that is wrong. They aren't more special snowflakes.
So, I'm gonna go with 'it was an oops'.

I like that the Nameless Solar has extra special revolvers though. I have a soft spot for gunslingers.

Thanks for the clarification there :) as for extra special revolvers, I guess we're back to whacking it up a dot and thinking of something unique to give them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back