• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Anyone up for an underdog story?

Which league should our underdogs play in?

• English Premier League

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canadian National League

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

biarritz

Future Ultra
Okay, picture this: a tiny, almost bankrupt provincial team from a small town with a stadium that seats 1200 people gets promoted to the top league in some ridiculously convoluted twist of fate. It's literally a team of part-timers, many of whom were still working for a living before promotion. Now all of a sudden they've got money falling out of their ears and they're rubbing elbows with famous names and their dingy old ground is playing host to historic clubs. Of course, everyone fully expects them to lose every game and get relegated immediately, but as the season goes on these underdogs win the hearts of the nation.

Yup, I haven't been able to get this idea out of my head! It would be a soccer roleplay, but very character-driven, probably pretty humorous, which would last over the course of this one season (or maybe more, if they don't get relegated, although they almost certainly will). The characters will be quirky and interesting, a literal ragtag band of misfits with varying skills and weaknesses. None if them have ever had to give TV interviews or press conferences before; they've never had agents to tell them what to say. The skill gap between them and the rest of the league is big, of course, but they've got one thing the rest of them don't: the knowledge that this is probably their one and only chance, and they have to make the most of it.

So yeah! If you're interested, please reply and say so! Oh, and please vote for whether you'd prefer to have it set in the English Premier League or in the fictional Canadian National League (which i can assure you has been very well developed and planned out, seeing as how it's the setting of a story I'm writing. I can explain more about it if you like)
!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back