Animals in Exalted

LaFreeze

3rd Soul of Kimbery
Do any of the books have an expanded list of animals or rules for adapting/creating an animal for Exalted?

I ask because Heart's Blood offers you to start with over 40 different shapes memorized yet the Exalted players handbook does even list half that many. Are there more in the Story Teller's Guide or are we just left to our own devises?

We're sort of left to our own devices, I think. There are some animals like the Hearth Cat detailed elsewhere, but I'm not sure if you can use them as native forms since they're biomagitechnological in origin.

Also, I love using 'biomagitechnological' in sentences.

Most of the terrestrial direction books have a list of local wildlife in them. But as mentioned, not all of it is strictly natural and the game doesn't put a lot of effort into separating them for your Lunar convenience.

I cheat. I have a very rare copy of the Bygone Bestiary from the oWoD. Okay, it has stuff like Hippogryphs and Dragons, but it also covers the mundane beasts as well.

Captain Hesperus

If you have any of the other WW game books, they are all close enough in mechanics that you can adapt any animal listed in, say, a Vampire or Scion book, to work in Exalted.

No such luck. Thanks for the suggestion though. I think I'll just start a house rules thread on it later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back