Anima Banners and Spirit Shapes

Zekonos

One Time Luck
Looking at the Anima banners in the Scroll of Exalts, I have found a large number of them. But, I have come up with a few points that I would like to have clarified.

1. Are there Exalts out there that have the same Anima as another? As an example, one Zenith with a Panther as his Anima, and then a Dawn with the same Anima banner?

2. Are there Lunars out there that have the same thing, only with spirit shapes? Ex: A Full moon bear and a changing moon bear.

Zekonos said:
Looking at the Anima banners in the Scroll of Exalts, I have found a large number of them. But, I have come up with a few points that I would like to have clarified.
1. Are there Exalts out there that have the same Anima as another? As an example, one Zenith with a Panther as his Anima, and then a Dawn with the same Anima banner?
There's nothing stopping two Exalts having similar anima banners, but not identical ones. In your example, the Zenith's panther is possibly bright gold with shining white eyes and teeth, standing in a majestic pose, while the Dawn's might be white tinged with red and violet with golden teeth and crouched ready to spring.

Zekonos said:
2. Are there Lunars out there that have the same thing, only with spirit shapes? Ex: A Full moon bear and a changing moon bear.
Again, Caste might determine form with the Lunars. The Full Moon's bear might be rearing up, roaring and lashing out with its claws, while the Changing Moon's might be a more 'tribal tattoo' styled bear, made up of unconnected lines which create the shape of a bear when viewed from different angles.

Captain Hesperus

I've always taken the concept of the Anima Banner to be meant to be unique each character. Even if the animal or whatever is the same type, they are different and reflect the differences between the characters who have them.

As for Spirit Shape, the same thing applies. Each animal a Lunar learns the shape of is taken as a unique individual shape. A Lunar might have several shapes of the same species, but each one must be learned and donned as a unique shape. This line blurs with Changing Plumage Mastery, but blurry is how Lunars roll.

I've often taken the idea one step further in games I run by linking the Anima and Spirit Shape to the Exaltation a character bears and using the imagery of these unique banners to connect the PCs to their past lives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back