• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom An unoriginal One Piece search

Darathean

Official trash
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi! Welcome to my humble partner search. Before going into detail I'll explain "my rules/ general info", I know it's a boring part but it helps us both to know if we are compatible. For any questions send me a message, this is an old copy paste and I tend to edit it once a year to be honest. The most important details are bolded so people can just do a quick glance and find deal breakers, there's no code or secret word to check if you read it all but please do so if you find yourself interested.
- I prefer to roleplay with +18 people. I'm not comfortable roleplaying with minors as I am an adult.

- Quantity. I've been told that I'm on the literate side, or semi-lit, or lazy lit (at this point I don't even know what all of those mean exactly ;u; ) but I know that sometimes one doesn't have the energy or just not enough to work to make a +1000 words post. So Quality> Quantity but please give me something to work with. I usually try to match as much as I can. You get stuck? Let's talk about it. I'm also here for the long term. I like to be friends with my partners, since it's more comfortable than just having my roleplays as "businesses".

- Doubling is required. I like to play both Canon and OC (CanonxOC trash here, though open to CanonxCanon for your side + secondary pairings) and I intend to keep doing it. I get easily bored when I don't get to play more than one main character, and I like to build different kind of relationships (friendships, rivalries...) on my RPs, so I expect you to like playing multiple characters like me (it can be as I said like having two mains and then the others being like NPCs to build the scenes). And I'm more used to doubling with a male Canon character, but that doesn't mean I'm not against roleplaying a female one.

-MxF is what I'm looking for in mains, my main and your main. I don’t roleplay F// and M// pairings with partners I haven’t roleplayed with before.

- Let's both contribute to the story. Maybe one has more ideas one day, or one suffers writers block, but let's work together yeah? I also prefer if we use both 3rd person, it can be present or past, as you prefer, but 1st is difficult to me to both read and write.

-When it comes to romance, love at first sight isn't my thing, I usually go with the slow burn/ "organic" path, but I'm not a snail, don't worry. Maybe you're more impatient, it's ok, I don't mind speeding up things, but I'm not a big fan of first sight love or obsessive crushes to the point of affecting too much a character's personality. I like to keep the main genre of the series and focus on our character's development too, though I love romance and it's definitely a must. I'm not strict when it comes to playing canons, but I like communication with my partners to be able to understand their POV of them and share my own ideas.

- Don't feel forced to answer everyday. This a hobby, not a job. I love OOC chit chats but my life can get crazy, more so nowadays.

- Can roleplay off-site if my partner prefers it. But I do prefer having a few interactions here before exchanging any kind of off site info such as Discord.

I think that those are the basic rules. I have triggerings and so but I think I prefer to talk about those matters with someone already interested in roleplaying.

Now! I'm going to list canon characters! With sometimes a note or two
I don't have a plot per se planned because I prefer to talk about it with my partners, but it's true that I usually, in my fandom roleplays, start in some place in the canon, or a canon modified moment, and then from there follow the canon and branch out with new adventures and our own canon modified ones. What I usually have is an OC (or two, in this case I just have one), with a general backstory that can be adapted to our needs, abilities and so.

Canons I could roleplay for my partner: -> I actually have 0 experience on a real OP roleplay, but I already have some ideas about these characters and my possible portrayal of them.
- Sanji: I wouldn't go too wild about his weakness when it comes to women. Keeping the chivalry and I-won't-hit-a-woman thing but I don't find myself interested in making him drool for ages or make a comment about every single woman that may appear in a scene. Don't get me wrong, I love the whole gag thing with him, but constantly roleplaying it sounds a bit repetitive. I'm sure there's a lot of people that do the same.
- Zoro: I don't see him as the kind of guy who would've a crush or would realize it if he had it, but more of a "I want to protect and help this person more than necessary, why is this, wait hold on" kind of person, if that makes sense (?)
- Ace: To be honest I think he has a more open interpretation than other characters because, or at least I felt so, he isn't as developed. He is a great character but for me he's also wasted potential.
- Sabo: Not too developed yet in the manga, so I find myself in a similar situation to Ace for now
- Luffy: Usually I don't see characters like him and romance being compatible, but he's a big exception. I'd love to play the lovable but dangerous captain for someone.
- Franky: To be honest for any romance involving him, I'd like to keep his pre-time skip design or tone down the post-time skip one, my man looks like made out of cans still super cool though
- Koby/Coby: Who isn't proud of him? Open to having him forced to get out of the navy or on a neutral/ pirate alliance situation.
- Ussop: I mean if I'm going to sell my boys I may as well sell them all am I right?
- Other characters: Ask! But I tend to gravitate towards the worst generation of pirates (with some exceptions like Marco), for example, I don't see myself roleplaying characters such as Shanks or Gol D. Roger but perhaps Kid once I feel comfortable with the amount of information given about him. Also no Brook or Chopper like characters for romance (I mean, I may find the idea of Chopper and Carrot together cute because they are both adorable, but I wouldn't roleplay it outside of the you can rely on me relationship they have in the manga right now), same with mink characters, I don't roleplay anything furry-esque.

Canons I'd like to roleplay against:
- Law: He's a major craving but I think he's also popular? So no worries if you don't want to roleplay him. Aside from him I don't have a major preference between the others left.
- Zoro
- Ace
- Sabo

AUs I'm open to
Just to be sure, I'm not a crossover fan, but I accept and find some AUs interesting. I don't like slice of life-esque ones such as coffee shop or pure college/ high school ones. I prefer having some action in my roleplays with all the angst, comedy...

- Lycan/ Werewolf AU
- Vampire AU
- Dragon rider/ Dragon shapeshifter AU - Basically I once saw an AU based on HTTYD but some of the dragons ended up being shapeshifters and I thought it was neat!
- Mafia/ Mobster AU
- Angel/ Demon AU - In these kind of AUs I always love the idea of the magical/ supernatural world hidden in plain sight, with the demons being creatures summoned by witches, angels not being exactly nice beings, demon/ angel hunters working with these same creatures to get rid of monsters and their own uncontrolled species... I like to go DEEP, not just putting some horns on a character and going look at his boi, he's a demon boi
- Maybe others? I can't think of more right now, but if you think you have anything interesting tell me!

Well thanks for reading and have a nice day!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back