Alchemichals idea

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The Chosen of the Great Maker seem to me to be the bastard stepchildren of Exalted. There are games for all kinds of Circles, but hardly anything that focuses on life inside the Great Maker. I am thinking about changing that.

This game would be a PbP game for up to five players with a minimum of three, starting out inside the Maker and eventually moving into Creation. There will be a handful of house rules and bonus xp starting out that I will post if I get enough interest for this. We would be using the 2.5 Exalted rules.

Is there any interest in this? Any questions?

Yes. How do you keep misspelling Alchemicals when you only ever see it written down? :P

(Sorry. Also genuinely curious what your plans are.)

First off, if we are going to get a game started, MINUS 500 XP FOR YOU FOR POINTING OUT THE MISTAKES OF THE ST! ;)

Now that we have that unpleasant business dealt with, the first posts have hit this thread faster than I had expected!

One thing that I never did post in my interest check is that I am not going to require you to take different Castes if you don't want to. If everyone wants to play a version of a Jadecase (for example), that's fine with me. No need to make the Perfect Circle unless you guys want to.

@Arynne, use a spoiler when you post like that! You'll ruin the whole plot!

I'm certainly curious, but I can't guarantee I'll be able to play. I'm a long way from my books at the moment. Though I did have a Starmetal caste I really liked.

Also I now crave Mexican food and hate you

Sherwood said:
There will need to be a few tweaks to make the character fit in the idea I have, but after a quick skim, I don't see any problems that would keep her from joining in the fun.
Obviously, she could also do with some rounding off in any case. It's mostly the core concept that I like.

I did have an idea for an Elder Moonsilver Caste. Playing through the beginning of his career would be interesting.

I have always wanted to play a Soulsteel or Moonsilver Caste.

But my schedule is crazy and I may have just joined a game, so...

Ok, so there is interest. Lets give you some more info to chew on. The game is going to be starting in the nation of Kamak, in the city of Ein. For those of you that have the CoCD: Autochthonia, you can reference that book to get some more info on the setting. Character creation rules are basic enough, with a few minor tweaks. As I posted earlier, we're using the 2.5 rules, and you'll be starting with a 50 xp bonus starting out. Also, with every dot of Essence you have, you get a free purchase of Strain Resistant Chassis Modification that takes up no Charm slots. Characters that purchase the Man-Machine Weaving Engine get a free Protocol for free, and the same will happen when you install the God-Machine Weaving Engine. All Castes are available to play except for Adamant. Characters can be as young as a few weeks out of the Vats, or upwards of two hundred years old if you'd like.

The game will be focusing on restoring Autochthon back to health, with plenty of conspiracy, love, betrayal and action mixed in. Eventually, the Seal of Eight Divinities will be broken, and you'll get to romp about Creation, but that won't happen for a while.

Alrighty then. I'll put a request in Roleplay Submissions, and everyone that is set on playing can post there.

Is it going to be like that other 'heal autochthon' game with the great void quake? IE do we get a ship to travel in a la the matrix :)

I'm doing much better, thanks. I'm anxious to start some RP after my hiatus. I'm currently putting together a mortal Autochtonians one-shot before diving back in headfirst.

Of course there will eventually be a Blight! reboot, and Custodian will always have a place in it, if you don't get your fill of the character in this game that is.

I know; I bring shame to my nation. :(

Edit: I think that statement may be applicable to all PbP games. They're a fickle mistress to say the least.

Very true. I've seen some that stumble right out of the gate, where others last forever. I hope to do this idea justice.

I have a Robotech game that has celebrated over a year on the board, so Lunar Fury is not the only long term game I've run.

I totally loved my Modern Shard Moonsilver Alchemical. Totally not an unconscious (seriously, I had no idea!!!) rip-off of Raiden from MGS.

Captain Hesperus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back