Aetus Bellum

Belial

That Guy with the Face
The Age of War, Aetus Bellum is a nation builder set in a high fantasy setting.

I havent exactly thought up all the aspects of the game, but I was wonduring how many people would be interested?

I intend to introduce a multitude of different race with different abilities and focuses.

Do we really need another Fantasy NBRP right now? We have Realms, and seen as the actual NB Player community on the Inn is small, I think you should go for a different setting. Modern/Medieval? I'd personally like to see one in the 1800s or perhaps an alternate-history one. ;)

Maybe that's just me.

Yeah a Fantasy game would be redundant at this point, Belial, I don't think it would fly.

Eh I was thinking of putting it into a medieval style to Renaissance setting, and go with a steam punk sort of idea.

Not sure, im all over the place right now. I kinda liked what i was doing with Age of divinity, though it should have been simpler.

Ok steampunk it is then! now to figure out where actually submit the request for forums.

Though i warn you all know, it wouldn't start off as pure steam punk, it would be Renaissance era rising with some twists. you'd actually have to work your way up to it. I like making people design their own stuff rather then working with my generic junk.

believe it or not the ancient Greeks had developed alot of technology that if it hadnt been lost would have drastically revolutionized the world alot earlier then the Italian Renaissance. Shit they had a steam enine during the bronze ages.

Yea but their oh so mutch they could have don with it with a little bit of creativity

Sure, I'll splooge for a Steampunk. You can always run mechanics sheizer by me, if you need a proofreader.

I can also aid in maps and sheizer like that, as you know. Fractal Terrains is a pain, but I'll do it for you if you want.

I'll likely not contribute, but I'll play. However, Belial, I do need all your basic information...

I am in the middle of trying to get some info out of exin and seeing what he has planned. Ill try to get back to you over the course of the weak depending on what he is thinking.

Me and Belial are merging our games for the better, so Rise of Empires will take on a Steampunk theme and undergo story changes and setting.

Request processed. Belial is now a Storyteller in Rise of Empires.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Or, I could have them as my unique unit! You can get away with all kinds of stuff with unique units!

Not that style of unique units, sorry. This game uses my system, so you make your unique units with the technology you have. Soldier customization 101 :P .

You were that guy who was doing the Realms on Colo, right? where a sword costs 1sp, a shield another 2sp, and such?

Aye. Taking that cost thing out, but keeping the customization model. Simplifying things...

All kinds of math in that one. how many pop. performing the various tasks and such. I'm planning on building a game slightly less involved as that, but I'll adding other factors in as well.

It was on Colo. It lasted from about when you went silent there on your game, to when I got really busy with work in June/July.

Any chance you can PM me your guide form? I would really like to see the math. Maybe there is something I can port to Rise of Empires?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back