Advice/Help Advice for someone new to roleplay?

ette

⋆ 。゚☾ ゚。 ⋆
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Being quite new I am finding myself feeling very overwhelmed and unsure where to start. I'm looking for advice from some more experienced roleplayers out there.

Welcome to Roleplaying!

I think that a good place to start would be taking a look at Internet checks: these are advertisements for upcoming Roleplays or Roleplayers looking for one-on-one partners. It might be a good idea to know what you're looking for too. Are you more interested in writing with a single person or a group? If you're interested in a group, would you prefer a game with dice (think Dungeons & Dragons) mechanics? What about Roleplays that focus on you building and maintaining your own Nation? Or maybe you're more interested in writing on a different platform? Or a Choose Your Own Style writing approach? Depending on what you're looking for, I might be able to help guide you in the right direction!

Last edited:
Welcome to Roleplaying!

I think that a good place to start would be taking a look at Internet checks: these are advertisements for upcoming Roleplays or Roleplayers looking for one-on-one partners. It might be a good idea to know what you're looking for too. Are you more interested in writing with a single person or a group? If you're interested in a group, would you prefer a game with dice (think Dungeons & Dragons) mechanics? What about Roleplays that focus on you building and maintaining your own Nation? Or maybe you're more interested in writing on a different platform? Or a Choose Your Own Style writing approach? Depending on what you're looking for, I might be able to help guide you in the right direction!

Thank you so much, this was very helpful! I am definitely looking for one on one roleplays to start with. But once I get some experience under my belt I would love to do some group roleplays as well!

Thank you so much, this was very helpful! I am definitely looking for one on one roleplays to start with. But once I get some experience under my belt I would love to do some group roleplays as well!
This is probably the best place for you to start. These are advertisements that folks make for themselves as writers or plot ideas they have that would work best in a 1x1 setting. You can peruse threads that interest you and then respond (via DM or the thread itself, everyone is different!). You can also make your own if you have a strong idea of what you're looking for.

If you have any questions about Roleplayer terminology or the like, please feel free to ask!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back