• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Adventuring Across a Wartorn Steampunk World

KiloAlpha157

Taeviera is a world made of a single continent, filled with magic, airships, monsters, and relentless strife. Two factions have been locked in battle for centuries in a conflict known as the Thousand Year War. On the eastern side of the continent is the militaristic and fascist Reinhardt Empire. To the west is an alliance of nations opposing their conquest known as the Western Confederation. In the middle of the continent is a ravaged no man's land called Hell's Gap. War is all the people of Taeviera have ever known.

In the current year, the Empire and the Confederacy find themselves in a standstill after a great battle five years ago left both sides too bloody to keep fighting. In the absence of large scale warfare, monsters emerge, scoundrels move in the shadows, and the land tries to heal. In this extended calm before the storm, people across the world wait with anxious breath for the fires of war to reignite once again.

Our story begins in the middle of Hell's Gap, in a tavern called the Drunken Prince. No dance or song is to be found in a place like this. People gather to gamble, brawl, and drink. Eyes stay peeled for imperial or confederate sigils. There are few friendly faces to be found in such a hive of scum and villainy.

A lone mercenary tries to enjoy his first hot meal in weeks. He might even get a decent night's sleep. It's almost time to retire to the room he purchased tonight. That is, until you approach him for a job.

-

Hello! My name is Kyle. I am a 28 year old male living in the PST timezone. I have been roleplaying for over a decade and come here now in search of a new partner for this fantasy story. Taeviera is a fantasy steampunk world heavily inspired by Final Fantasy, Dragon Age, and the Trails series. It has magic, monsters, blackpowder firearms, airships, war machines, and countless other wonders.

The world is consumed by a centuries long war between the two major world powers. This conflict affects every day life for all people, and has devastated the center of the continent creating a no man's land stretching for hundreds of miles. Our story begins in that no man's land.
My character is a mercenary always traveling in search of work. Your character will be someone who approaches to hire him for a job of some kind, the nature of which is entirely up to you. This is meant to be a sandbox story that we build together with our backstories and other characters we meet along the way.

I enjoy building a living world with many NPCs that the main characters meet and that may become companions. If you enjoy creating a story with a large cast of characters, then this could be the prompt for you! I tend to write in third person past tense, and my reply length varies from a dozen paragraphs to a couple depending on the situation. Generally I try to reply once or twice a day, and if I have a long term absence I will let you know. I also enjoy being able to discuss the story and other things OOC with my writing partner.

I am happy to write with people of all gender identities and orientations! If you have any questions I am happy to answer them, and I do have both a map of the world and a more detailed lore document for the world if you'd like to see them.

I'm looking forward to writing with you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back