Abyssals at Essence 10

Persell

Ten Thousand Club
In the Scroll Errata, Page 12, "Essence Ratings over 10", it mentions Abyssals having a total possible mote count of 320. Looking up on the Exalted wiki, it mentions that is the Essence pool totals of a Deathlord. Did the guy just mix up his numbers, or can Abyssals really increase their mote count to that high?

My math puts the total at 240 (Ess 10*10 + Will 10*2 + Virt 5*4 + EET 10*10). That's an eighty mote discrepancy. One possibility is that there's some sort of mix-up, another is that whoever said 320 knew something we (or at least I) don't.

Can anyone else get a higher mote total?

I always thought Deathlords used the formula for ghost Essence pools as their base, but that only adds 10 motes.

Flamespinner said:
In the Scroll Errata, Page 12, "Essence Ratings over 10", it mentions Abyssals having a total possible mote count of 320. Looking up on the Exalted wiki, it mentions that is the Essence pool totals of a Deathlord. Did the guy just mix up his numbers, or can Abyssals really increase their mote count to that high?
I think you're misreading the errata, because that particular answer has always been about Deathlords, not deathknights.
Kyeudo said:
I always thought Deathlords used the formula for ghost Essence pools as their base, but that only adds 10 motes.
Ever since the First and Forsaken Lion was sketched out in Exalted: the Autochthonians, Deathlord Essence pools have been an abominable, bloated amalgamation of multipliers stacked upon multipliers. In Second Edition, they're right there in Manual: Abyssals at the beginning of the Deathlords chapter.

Hmm, well I suppose if you mix up the pool-expansion charms of several types of exalted, using the charms and abilities that let one exalt take charms from another exalt type's list, you could wind up with a ridiculous number of motes but it'd cost more experience than I think most players will ever see.

Hmm' date=' well I suppose if you mix up the pool-expansion charms of several types of exalted, using the charms and abilities that let one exalt take charms from another exalt type's list, you could wind up with a ridiculous number of motes but it'd cost more experience than I think most players will ever see.[/quote']
Alchemical's has stealth errata that says the Eclipse(and equivalent) anima power can not get them mote expansion charms from other supernatural beings.

Which is of course in direct conflit with dreams of the first age, Desus stats [essence plethora x2]

Sanguine said:
Hmm' date=' well I suppose if you mix up the pool-expansion charms of several types of exalted, using the charms and abilities that let one exalt take charms from another exalt type's list, you could wind up with a ridiculous number of motes but it'd cost more experience than I think most players will ever see.[/quote']
Alchemical's has stealth errata that says the Eclipse(and equivalent) anima power can not get them mote expansion charms from other supernatural beings.

Malekith said:
Which is of course in direct conflit with dreams of the first age, Desus stats [essence plethora x2]
Sanguine said:
Which just proves that Desus is a cheater as well as a jerk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back