A World Within A World.

RainbowWave

Okay! So, i have this really good idea, but of course, I NEED and WANT help from others. So,

in the year 2067 Virtual Reality games have become a large part of many peoples lives, and the newest game have only made people wish to stay there, be careful what you wish for. Nionet, A game where anything is possible, magic, myths, gods, anything. The game holds infinity amount of skills, and all having to be used like you are in the real world. No visible HP bars are seen, making death based on the person's wound and how fast its taken care of. Pain can be felt in Nionet, as can exhaustion and hungry and thirst. The currency of Nionet is Tel, round purple metal coins. There is no inventory system, so clothing is changed like dressing in the real world, and you can only carry what you can hold, or store.

Edit: There are not any type of vehicles, and also the setting is futuristic, but quests can lead you to other Non-futuristic places. (Like back in the past, to a dungeon, plenty of things.) There are also monsters and such. The population in the game, including NPC's is 1 billion. Also, the gear needed to play the game is called Nio (Ni-o) and its a helmet. Similar to SAO the RP will start on the launching day, and the players will be trapped inside with no way out until one of them finishes the game. As the helmet have transported there body into the game, dieing would mean them being deleted from the game, and never returning. There are five ways to clear the game, Kill the legendary criminal, Kill the legendary Monster, travel the game world in 362 days, Clear the Legendary Dungeon, or find the god Titan.

EDIT: Portals will be around the planet, these things will be known as Transport Portals, and only one will be in a town/city. Magic can also be used to transport.

I know there is much more to add, ill be updating this as i can think of more, but please, I would love to know what to add, or remove.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, what we have by now:

Setting: Sci-Fi - Virtual Reality

World: You said the setting is futuristic, but there are other themed areas. How do you plan to make the players go to these places? Maybe some portals, or just good old walking? Keep in mind that walking has it's disadvantages, such as atmosphere transactions(from Cyberpunk to Medieval, for example. You should consider that.

Name: Virtual Life is rather... bland, don't you think? You should have a catchy name, one that real life gamers would look up and say "Well, I'd play this". Nionet would be a really good name for the game.

Overall setting: Trapped in a videogame by a Headgear... This story is rather over told. A new one would be that people actually disappeared with their bodies while playing the game. It would be something nice to twist up the setting.

Features: Well, some people play games to forget about the pains of real life, and even with the "trapped inside the videogame" thing, this would be something to think. Maybe reduced pain, and more freedom for the body, like carrying weight and running faster.

Raizel said:
Well, what we have by now:
Setting: Sci-Fi - Virtual Reality

World: You said the setting is futuristic, but there are other themed areas. How do you plan to make the players go to these places? Maybe some portals, or just good old walking? Keep in mind that walking has it's disadvantages, such as atmosphere transactions(from Cyberpunk to Medieval, for example. You should consider that.

Name: Virtual Life is rather... bland, don't you think? You should have a catchy name, one that real life gamers would look up and say "Well, I'd play this". Nionet would be a really good name for the game.

Overall setting: Trapped in a videogame by a Headgear... This story is rather over told. A new one would be that people actually disappeared with their bodies while playing the game. It would be something nice to twist up the setting.

Features: Well, some people play games to forget about the pains of real life, and even with the "trapped inside the videogame" thing, this would be something to think. Maybe reduced pain, and more freedom for the body, like carrying weight and running faster.
I love all those ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back