• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings A utopia and a dystopia

A Super Girl

Maid of Awesome
So I have this idea for a setting. It's actually two settings: one version where things go right, one where things go wrong. Here's a broad outline:

Utopia:

Phase 1: Seemingly at random, some humans begin to manifest superhuman ("paranormal") abilities.

Phase 2: By sheer luck, most of the most powerful of the first wave of paranormals are sane, responsible individuals. Led by the young Chinese woman who calls herself Peace Dragon, they form a working group to help the world's governments crack down on paranormal crime while advocating for the principle that paranormals are still human, with all the rights and responsibilities that entails. Most of the world's governments adopt laws and policies in accordance with that principle.

Phase 4: The leading paranormals formalize their alliance and found the League of Superheroes "to promote peace, justice, and charity for all".

Dystopia:

Phase 5: By sheer luck, a new paranormal emerges whose powers far exceed all others. By sheer luck, this individual (who calls herself Suprema) does not subscribe to the philosophy of the League. Instead, she chooses to conquer the world.

Phase 6: Suprema conquers the world. Not even the League of Superheroes can stand against her.

Phase 7: Suprema commands all other paranormals to agree to serve her--bound by a psionically-enforced oath--or die.

Phase 8: Suprema and her paranormal aristocracy rule the world.

I'm interested in writing stories set during any of those eight phases. I don't want to play Peace Dragon or Suprema; I want to play "lesser" characters who are trying to find their places in the new and changing world. I have some vague ideas for situations, but mostly I'm looking for potential collaborators who aren't focused on telling one particular story, so we can settle on something we'll both enjoy that will also help flesh out this bare-bones world.

If you are or might be interested, please PM me. Thanks!

So I have this idea for a setting. It's actually two settings: one version where things go right, one where things go wrong. Here's a broad outline:

Utopia:

Phase 1: Seemingly at random, some humans begin to manifest superhuman ("paranormal") abilities.

Phase 2: By sheer luck, most of the most powerful of the first wave of paranormals are sane, responsible individuals. Led by the young Chinese woman who calls herself Peace Dragon, they form a working group to help the world's governments crack down on paranormal crime while advocating for the principle that paranormals are still human, with all the rights and responsibilities that entails. Most of the world's governments adopt laws and policies in accordance with that principle.

Phase 4: The leading paranormals formalize their alliance and found the League of Superheroes "to promote peace, justice, and charity for all".

Dystopia:

Phase 5: By sheer luck, a new paranormal emerges whose powers far exceed all others. By sheer luck, this individual (who calls herself Suprema) does not subscribe to the philosophy of the League. Instead, she chooses to conquer the world.

Phase 6: Suprema conquers the world. Not even the League of Superheroes can stand against her.

Phase 7: Suprema commands all other paranormals to agree to serve her--bound by a psionically-enforced oath--or die.

Phase 8: Suprema and her paranormal aristocracy rule the world.

I'm interested in writing stories set during any of those eight phases. I don't want to play Peace Dragon or Suprema; I want to play "lesser" characters who are trying to find their places in the new and changing world. I have some vague ideas for situations, but mostly I'm looking for potential collaborators who aren't focused on telling one particular story, so we can settle on something we'll both enjoy that will also help flesh out this bare-bones world.

If you are or might be interested, please PM me. Thanks!
I kind of like the idea of merging both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back