A Thread for Scary Posts!

KillGill

Snap out of it

As a human, I love being scared or unsettled. So I made a thread for people to post scary pictures/stories/ideas, whatever! As long as it scares or unsettles you, post it!

I'll go first.

This is a picture of John Lennon giving an auto graph.

creepybackstory16.jpg

The Only thing is...the person he's giving it to is Mark David Chapman

this website is extremely unsettling. i want to warn anyone reading that this jumps straight into some disturbing stuff, so please be prepared if you plan on clicking the link !!

it's based off of rumors about
magibon, who used to be a very well-known youtube celebrity with a number of slightly off-putting videos on her channel. people sometimes theorize that there's a stalker who's recording her daily actions, and that's what this site is based around communicating.

it's always been extremely unsettling and gut-wrenching to go onto this site for me. ( > <)

Gore said:
this website is extremely unsettling. i want to warn anyone reading that this jumps straight into some disturbing stuff, so please be prepared if you plan on clicking the link !!
it's based off of rumors about
magibon, who used to be a very well-known youtube celebrity with a number of slightly off-putting videos on her channel. people sometimes theorize that there's a stalker who's recording her daily actions, and that's what this site is based around communicating.

it's always been extremely unsettling and gut-wrenching to go onto this site for me. ( > <)
Oh my god I built up the nerve....what the hell am I watching!?!?!?!?

VIDEO 3 OMG

I know one of the most unsettling videos on youtube, I feel Fantastic

[media]

[/media]

The rumored story behind it is That this is a coping mechanism of a serial killer. Apparently the clothes are from victims and the part where they show the forest is where the bodies are buried. The robot says fantastic as programmed by the killer to help him feel better about killing the girls instead of them screaming.

KillGill said:
I know one of the most unsettling videos on youtube, I feel Fantastic
[media]

[/media]
i've seen that video !! it was really creepy the first time i watched it. ( x x)

oh. wow, i never considered that. ( o o) that's creepy.

i'll try and find something else to post here soon. ( ^ ^)

@Gore @KillGill

You people are going to give me nightmares.

No, but seriously- I've seen the "I feel fantastic" video and never knew the story behind it. It's ugh . . . PLEASANT to know what the actual meaning behind it is.
Kind of. Secondly, that "Magibon" website is exceptionally creepy . . .

I love things classified within the horror genre, so I appreciate you posting this stuff up here!
:)

Even though I'm officially scarred for life. xD I wish I had something to share for you folks, sadly I don't! ;n;

Oh boy do I LOVE horror. I'm going to put this here for all of you to read:

I HAD A GREAT D&D GROUP GOING AT MY LOCAL GAME STORE. BUT ONE BY ONE PEOPLE STOPPED SHOWING UP.

tumblr_inline_nk79d77LmW1sq6mmw.jpg

A long worthy read. Very worth it.

By Nota_dj

I grew up in a house of nerds. My dad had been an old school tabletop player back in the 80s, and once he decided I was old enough, he started introducing me to D&D. We started with solo, PG-rated adventures with him as the DM. When I turned 13, he finally let me join in with his gaming friends. They were all in their late 30s or older, all had multiple advanced characters. I was crap compared to them. But they always accommodated me and made sure I had a good time.

It sounds ridiculously cheesy, but I feel like playing D&D with a bunch of older guys greatly helped my social development. They would crack open a few beers throughout the session, and by the end of the night I’d often be party to raunchy jokes, intense nerd debates, or one of the guys taking it upon himself to “tell you the real truth about women, kiddo.” When I was fifteen, one of the guys brought his daughter - a year younger than me - to play. I ended up having my first kiss with her behind the couch two months later, while my dad, her dad, and another dude from the group boozed it up on the porch after a successful session.

My dad passed away just before I went to college. He was a great man, and I still miss him every day. One of the ways I chose to honor his memory was to keep playing D&D. By now I was very experienced, and more than capable as a DM. I started a tabletop club in college and met some of my best friends (and my first, second, and fourth girlfriends) there. D&D was such a huge part of my college experience.

Law school came next, and we were always so busy. But a few of us still found time to play. In three years of law school, we only finished two campaigns. It was something. I wanted to keep D&D going as a part of my life, so I could pass it on to my kids like my dad did for me.

Then I graduated law school, and the tiny sliver of free time I used to have disappeared. My friends all got jobs at different firms. We drifted apart. It felt like the work never ended. A year into my career, I was making great money. But I was ready to kill myself from the stress.

I decided I needed a release. I found a gaming store near my office, put a flyer on the wall, and made it a point to set aside four hours every Wednesday. I was going to get a game going if it cost me my fucking job.

I didn’t like the store, Adventure City Gaming, too much. It was small and musty and disorganized, hidden away in the far corner of a run-down strip mall near my office. It always smelled a bit off, and attracted some weird people - weirder than most stores, if you can believe it. But I got a lot of responses to my flyer.

There was Carlos, computer teacher at the local high school, who’d played a few games before. He rolled a gnome sorcerer. His girlfriend Leanna, an art teacher, created a half-orc barbarian named Gronk.

Cheryl, a single lady in her forties, made a druid. Cheryl worked at an accounting office near my firm. I could tell she was lonely, and really looking for something to do. Cheryl had six cats. Her druid also had six cats.

Elaine, a mother of three boys who’d never played a tabletop game in her life, played a human rogue. Her twelve-year-old son Victor played a paladin.

There was Greg, a heavyset programmer, who played a ‘smoking hot’ female elf warlock. Greg loved to ramble and ramble about topics that interested him - D&D, conspiracies, and weed, mostly. But he was a great roleplayer and the nicest guy you’d ever met, if a bit awkward.

Finally there was Patrick. When I first met Patrick, I admit, I kind of didn’t want him in the game. He worked night shift at a nearby hotel. He was pale, skinny, and very quiet. Where Greg was socially awkward in a sort of adorable way, Patrick was off-putting, and made me a bit uneasy. He rolled a cleric and hardly participated in the first few sessions. I was really hoping he’d just drop the game.

But a few weeks in, he started to come out of his shell. It started with a bit of in-game banter. Then one week before playing, he asked me about my day. We had a pleasant, if short conversation. In-game, he decided his cleric was going to have a crisis of faith.

And just like that, within a few sessions, Patrick became the absolute life of the group. His bitter, sarcastic, faith-questioning cleric had the entire table in fits of laughter week in and week out. He pulled me aside one night after playing and thanked me.

“Never in my life have I felt so comfortable just talking to people,” he had said. “Thank you.”

It was one of the proudest moments of my DM career. I was helping Patrick come out of his shell, just like my dad had helped me all those years ago.

My little group went on strong for several months. Playing for four hours on Wednesday nights was that welcome relief that I looked forward to every week. Unfortunately our group started thinning out. It’s something that happens with a lot of parties, and most campaigns end up stalled indefinitely when enough people drop out. First it was Victor.

“He has been acting out in school,” Elaine told us. “So we had a talk with him and decided he will lose several privileges. One of them is D&D time. Maybe next quarter he can rejoin us.”

Pity, he’d been a great tank.

One week, Carlos said Leanna wouldn’t be coming. She’d never been that into the game, and it was obvious to all of us that she was pretty much just in it to please her boyfriend. I understood - that kind of thing happened all the time. “Hopefully she’ll come back,” said Carlos.

Then one day I got an email from Cheryl. Her company had offered her a promotion, but it came with a relocation to Boston. She’d decided to take it. I understood, and though I’d grown to like Cheryl over the weeks, I knew the move would be good for her.

Greg stopped showing up about a month later. I had his number, but he wouldn’t answer calls or texts. He finally texted me back a week later, curtly explaining that he was very busy at work and would have to drop out. It surprised me to see Greg go. From what I could gather, he didn’t have much going on in his life besides his job and his hobbies. The guy lived alone, would often mourn his lack of a girlfriend. He’d been coming to this store for five years.

“Work catches up with everyone,” I had explained to the group, remembering my own rush to get the session ready that week despite deadlines and a huge case looming.

So it was down to Elaine, Carlos, and Patrick. Carlos had been a good player from the start. Elaine had never played before, but she was falling in love with it and getting surprisingly good.

The backbone of the party, however, was Patrick. The kid was a fantastic roleplayer, always keeping everyone engaged. He was a brilliant planner who’d even outsmarted me a few times with incredibly creative moves. He’d lay out his character’s progression many levels in advance. He’d email me throughout the week about different abilities he wanted to take, projects he wanted his character to do. He’d even engage us all in conversation before and after the sessions, or chat with other people in the store. D&D was becoming that same outlet for him that it had been for me, all those years ago. I was proud of the kid. He’d come a long way.

Then one day, Patrick didn’t show up.

“Does anybody have his number?” I asked. We’d been waiting 45 minutes. He was usually the first one there.

“I gave him mine,” Carlos said. “I told him to shoot me a text, but he never did.”

I’d already written Patrick an email. There wasn’t much else we could do. If he wasn’t showing up, he wasn’t showing up. “Well guys, I don’t think we can play with just two people.”

“Yeah, probably not,” said Elaine. I could hear the disappointment in her voice. “Should we reschedule?”

“Next week?” asked Carlos.

I shrugged. “Next week.” I was packing up my things and about ready to go, when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I almost jumped out of my skin.

“I can play.”

I spun around. It was Ed.

Ed owned the store, and also, as far as I could tell, was its only employee. He was an older guy, a bit overweight and always unkempt. I’d never seen anyone else working the counter. He was there to open the store at noon every Monday through Saturday, and to close it at midnight every night.

To be honest, Ed was one of my least favorite things about the store.

I’d been a regular at several gaming shops throughout the years. Some were great, others a bit dirty and disorganized. But always, always, you could tell that the guys who worked at the store did it because they really loved it. It wasn’t exactly a lucrative industry. You had to be really passionate to open one of these up. Normally the employees would be chatting with the customers in the store, painting their own miniatures, giving advice on Shadowrun builds and Magic: The Gathering combos, and even joining in on games when they had the chance.

But Ed… Ed was always quiet, sitting behind the counter, watching everything go on in his store. I’d never once seen him play. I got the impression that he didn’t even like the products he sold.

All of a sudden he wanted to join my D&D game?

“Uhm… hey Ed. Do you have a character sheet?”

“No, but Patrick sent you his by email, didn’t he? I’ll just play his character.”

“I don’t think Patrick would like someone else playing his character,” I said. “I’m sure he’ll be back.”

“I doubt he’ll mind,” said Ed. He glanced at his fingers. “How about I play his twin brother instead? Same character sheet, same stats, but different character. You guys need a cleric, right?”

“I don’t think…” I was about to tell him no when I noticed the excited look on Elaine’s face. I knew D&D was a release for her too, in its own way. A welcome break from the madness of raising three kids. I didn’t want to let her down. “Alright Ed, you can play. But I don’t want to add a twin brother to Patrick’s backstory without his permission. You can be a fellow cleric from his order.”

“Sure,” said Ed.

So we had a session that week after all. Ed wasn’t too bad, though it was clear he only knew the basics of D&D - curious for someone who’d owned a game store for over ten years. He tried to play the character’s personality like Patrick had, but he couldn’t quite get it right. His quips were okay but stopped short of being clever. Ed was a decent substitute, but no replacement.

We played until it was time to close the store, and everyone went home pretty happy. I considered it a successful night.

I went back to work on Thursday and found myself constantly checking my email for a reply from Patrick. I didn’t get one. Something about him missing a session just seemed off to me. Friday came and went with no reply. The weekend as well. By the next Wednesday I still hadn’t heard from him.

Carlos and Elaine showed up that night, and Leanna came as well, saying she wanted to give it ‘one more shot.’ I let Ed join us too. The session went okay, though everyone could tell it wasn’t quite the same. Games just weren’t as fun without Patrick. Judging from the way everyone glanced at their phones, I knew they weren’t having fun. I knew Leanna wouldn’t come back next week.

Patrick, again, was a no-show. That bothered me more than it should have.

I didn’t have his number, facebook, or home address. But I did know the name of the hotel where he worked. For some reason on a Saturday morning I found myself driving over there, walking through the front door, asking the girl at the counter if she knew someone named Patrick.

“Yeah, the night clerk guy. I remember him. He hasn’t been on the shift list the last two weeks. I think he got fired.”

“Do you mind asking your manager what happened to him?” I was still kind of shocked to take this so far. I wondered if I was being paranoid.

“Uhm, he’s not on duty. He gets here at 4:00.”

So I went home, ate lunch, watched some TV, and found myself driving back to the hotel at 4:00, asking the manager about Patrick.

“Yeah, I got a lot of complaints about him,” he said. “Guests telling me he seemed weird, was way too quiet, didn’t answer questions. But he always came on time. I liked him. He stopped showing up two weeks ago, though. We get that a lot with our employees. Most of them don’t even bother quitting. I called him a bunch of times and he never picked up, so I filed the termination papers last week.”

Stopped showing up two weeks ago. That set off alarm bells in my head. “Do you think you could give me his number?”

The hotel manager looked at me suspiciously now. “Yeah, who exactly are you?”

“I’m a… friend of his.”

“Huh. That kid never struck me as having too many friends. I’m afraid I can’t do that though. Those records are private.”

It took a lot of arguing, and a lot of convincing the guy that it wasn’t illegal to give out information on fired employees (it is). But sometimes being a lawyer pays off. I left the hotel with Patrick’s address and phone number.

I called him five or six times that night. No answer. I tried him again on Sunday, and again I got nothing.

“Look, man. He probably got tired of the game,” said Carlos when I called him. “Maybe went into some kind of depression. He’s a good kid, but we both know he’s a little off.”

“Maybe.” I paced back and forth in my apartment. “If that is the case, I’d still like to talk to him. Make sure he’s doing okay.”

“He doesn’t sound like he wants to talk to anyone.”

Carlos was right, but in a weird way I felt responsible for Patrick. I knew my dad wouldn’t turn his back on a kid like him. I wasn’t going to either. “I’m going to check out his apartment,” I told Carlos.

“Dude, I know you have good intentions with this, but just… be careful. You can get in trouble for this kind of stuff.”

“I’m just going to knock on his door,” I assured him. “No big deal.”

“Okay big guy. Just watch yourself.”

Patrick lived alone, in a tiny second story apartment. Somehow I wasn’t too surprised. It was almost midnight on a Sunday night… I should’ve been in bed. I had to be up at 6:00 for work tomorrow. But I couldn’t get this out of my head. I had to check on him.

“Patrick, it’s Dan, from the D&D game.” I knocked firmly on the door and waited about a minute, but nobody answered. I took a few steps down the hallway and pressed my ear against the only window in the unit. It was dead quiet inside. The blinds were down, but I could see that it was pitch black as well.

He’s probably asleep, I thought to myself. He probably wants to be left alone. I tapped on the window softly, then a bit harder. No answer at all.

Then I tried to slide the window open, and discovered, to my shock, that it was unlocked. I lifted it slowly till it was open all the way. I took a deep breath. “Fuck me, I’m going to jail.”

Every bit of lawyer-sense in me was screaming at me to turn around immediately. But the next thing I knew I was climbing through the open window and breaking into Patrick’s apartment.

“Hey Patrick,” I said aloud, trying to find my way in the darkness. “It’s me, Dan. From D&D. Don’t freak out. I’m sorry I came inside. Are you in here?”

Nothing but silence.

Wait, not quite silence. I heard a mechanical sound, like whirring. My eyes were getting accustomed to the darkness now, and I realized it was coming from Patrick’s computer. His computer was on. That had to mean he was still here, somewhere.

But when I checked his bedroom, it was empty, just like the rest of the apartment. “Where the fuck are you, Patrick?”

I decided to check out his computer. Maybe he was logged onto facebook or something. Maybe through there I could find out where he’d been. With a shake of the mouse the screen flashed to life, and I started looking through his open programs. Steam. iTunes. Adobe Reader, open to the PDF of his character sheet. Google chrome opened to reddit. I checked his post history, but aside from a few unremarkable AskReddit replies and a few questions on the D&D sub, it was blank. I clicked on iTunes next, glancing through his library. There was a lot of heavy metal. Patrick had told me he was a metalhead.

Then my eye caught something in his app collection.

Find my iPhone.

His phone! His phone would tell me exactly where he was. Feeling like an absolute creep and fully aware of all the laws I was breaking, I began the search. It mapped his location less than a minute later.

“Wait, I know that street.”

Adventure City Gaming.

It was 12:30. On a Sunday.

The store was closed on Sundays.

“What the fuck are you doing, Patrick?”

The first thing I did was nothing.

I went to work on Monday like I was supposed to, tired from the night before and guzzling coffee to stay awake. We had a big client starting with us. I was in the office until well after 9PM. But I had taken down Patrick’s Apple ID before leaving his place, and whenever I got the chance I would check his phone’s location. It never moved from Adventure City Gaming.

Maybe he forgot it there, I thought. Maybe Ed has it behind the counter or something. That’s what I really wanted to believe, but I knew deep down it couldn’t be true.

As soon as I got out of the office I drove over to the game shop. It was closed on a Monday night. Okay. I’d seen it closed unexpectedly in the past. I always just assumed Ed was sick or something. But today? I pressed my head against the wall and tried to see into the darkness. The tables were up, the displays were untouched. Not a soul inside. I glanced at my phone. No question - Patrick’s phone was in this store.

Adventure City Gaming was pretty small. It had the main room with the product displays and table setups. It had a dirty little bathroom on the far wall. And then there was the Employees Only door, behind the desk.

I headed home.

That night, I told my suspicions to Carlos. I was really hoping he would call me a fucking lunatic. Instead he said, “That sounds creepy as hell, man.” I told him to meet me at a nearby bar, where I promptly ordered a whiskey to calm my nerves

Carlos ordered one too. “Theory: he forgot his phone, then decided to skip town and get a new start somewhere, leaving his phone behind so nobody could find him. Hell, maybe he left it at the store on purpose.”

“You think he’d do that?”

“People try to start over all the time, man. Patrick was a good guy, but God knows he needed to.”

I admitted it didn’t sound impossible. “But don’t you think he would cancel his lease? Take a few of his things, at least?”

“You’ve never been to his apartment before. How do you know he didn’t?”

I considered it. But somehow I couldn’t imagine Patrick leaving behind his computer. We talked it out for another hour or so, bouncing theories around. Many seemed possible, but none of them really made sense when we thought about them. By the end of my second whiskey I was quite convinced.

Patrick was being held in that store.

“So let’s call the police,” said Carlos.

Yeah. We should have called the police.

But I was drunk (always been a lightweight), and high off the adrenaline, and some dorky part of me saw this whole thing as an adventure of its own. Patrick was our friend, and we had to save him. The police might take days to get a warrant together. If he was in trouble, we needed to move now.

So, I made up some convoluted shit about the “doctrine of true and present danger”, a legal concept stating that civilians with a reasonable suspicion of danger had no duty to retreat in an effort to put an end to that threat.

“That’s a fucked up law,” said Carlos.

“I am going to the store. If you don’t want to come with me I completely understand. We’re meeting in a public place, so there’s no record of this conversation.”

I totally expected him to bail. He came with me.

At midnight, the entire strip mall had closed down, and the street was dead quiet. Mine and an abandoned-looking pickup were the only cars in the lot. Carlos and I walked around the store several times, trying all the doors and windows. Everything locked and secured as it could’ve been.

"I guess this law kind of makes sense.” he said. “Like Stand Your Ground but for other people.”

“Exactly!” We were at the back of the store now, with a large back door for deliveries and a small, square window beside it. This probably opened directly into the back area. I grabbed a large rock nearby, feeling the adrenaline surging. This was beyond stupid. But I’ve never felt more sure of doing anything in my whole life.

“Last chance to back out, Carlos.”

“No, I’m in. That law was made exactly for situations like this.”

I had already decided I would take the fall if we went to jail. But jail was the farthest thing from my mind as I stepped back and chucked the rock at the little window. It shattered with an incredibly loud crash of breaking glass.

Carlos boosted me up, then I pulled him in with both arms. And just like that we were breaking and entering. It was dark as all hell inside the back room. Both of us turned on our phone lights.

Typical back room of a gaming store. There were multiple stacks of unopened boxes. A few were opened and half full. There were some Magic cards, here, copies of Settlers of Catan. Another one was full of manga books. There were also filing cabinets, a few broken-looking chairs, and other junk you’d expect to find in a back room. We looked around for a minute or so, finding nothing. I heard Carlos shifting some boxes around.

“Hey Dan, over here.”

He was standing at the far corner shining his light on the floor. I walked over. A small trap door, the kind you pull up to open. “Are you kidding me?”

“I guess we go in.”

We pulled it open together and aimed our lights into the darkness. A short wooden ladder led down into a dark, musty basement. It was almost too obvious to be real.

Part of me wanted to turn back there and call the police. I had this terrifying vision of Ed down there waiting for us in the darkness, brandishing his machete. But my feet wouldn’t let me turn around now. Heart thumping madly, I climbed down the ladder.

The space below was barely bigger than a walk-in closet, and so low that I almost had to crouch. Carlos, a few inches taller than me, did crouch.

It was cold down here. Too cold, actually. I glanced around with my phone light. Two doors on one side, one made of thick wood and the other… metal? Several shelves stacked with paint, and assorted tools. Some kind of storage closet.

“Yo, Dan.”

I followed Carlos’s light to a spot on the floor. An iPhone, plugged into the wall. I recognized the Sonic cover. Patrick’s phone.

“Patrick!” I said aloud, almost shouting. The sound of my own voice scared me. “Patrick, where are you?”

A quiet voice. “Is that you, Dan?”

It was coming from the wooden door.

My senses hyper-aware, I sped over to the door and tried to open it. Locked tight. “Patrick, it’s me Dan. I’m here with Carlos. You behind this door?”

“Yeah,” he said, louder this time. “But it’s locked.”

“Lie down flat on the ground.” I glanced at Carlos, and he nodded. I’d never been more certain of my next move. We both took a step back, charged, and smashed into the door with all our might.

Pain shot up and down my shoulder, but it didn’t budge.

“Again,” said Carlos. “It gave a little.”

We had to tackle it three more times before it finally broke open.

It gave way into a tiny closet. The smell was awful but I barely took note of it. We pulled the door out and tossed it aside, and there was Patrick lying on his stomach, hands and feet bound. He grinned five times wider than I’d ever seen him grin. “You guys came for me.”

I looked him over and felt a sick crunch in my stomach. On his right hand, bandages soaked in blood. He was missing three fingers.

Oh God, then I started looking at him for real. Bruises all up and down his arms. A black eye, and a massive cut on his lip. Smaller cuts all over his face. A huge bump on the back of his head. Was… a chunk of his ear missing? Carlos and I pulled him up to his feet.

“When my phone made that loud sound yesterday. That was you, wasn’t it?”

“Yeah, it was.” I neglected telling him about breaking into his apartment just yet. Carlos and I dusted him off. His hands and feet were bound tight with rope.

“That freaked Ed out so much,” Patrick said, sort of giggling. “He flipped out and started yelling at me, asking me who the fuck would look for me. I thought he was gonna finally kill me.”

“Ed’s been holding you down here since-”

“Since our game two weeks ago.” Try as we might we couldn’t get the rope off. “I stayed late looking at some rulebooks. I was the last one there. Ed told me he had some cool new miniatures he wanted to show me in the back. Then he clubbed me with something, and… yeah.”

Carlos was scanning the room for a knife. I kept pulling on the rope. “And this whole time, he’s been…”

“He’s been trying to get me to tell him my iPhone passcode,” Patrick said. I was taken aback at how nonchalantly he explained all this. “I was getting lots of calls, mostly from you and work. Uh, I didn’t tell him. He said Greg took about a week before he-”

My heart stopped. “Greg what?”

He paused, and his eyes dropped down to the ground. “I think I get it now, Dan. What this place is.”

I stared at him.

“He didn’t open a game store because he likes games. He opened a game store because he knew it would attract… people like me.”

“People like you?” I said in a tiny voice.

“You know. People nobody would miss. That’s how he’s gotten away with it for so long.”

There was stunned, breathless silence in the room for several long moments.

Finally Carlos said, “I’m calling the police.”

“Where is Ed now?” I asked, unable to think of anything else to say.

“Gone, I guess. When he saw you were tracking me, he got pissed and yelled for a few minutes. He did some, uh, other stuff. Then he ran off. He probably hasn’t stopped driving.”

Nausea welled up in my stomach, but I tried to focus on the task at hand. “Alright man, we’re gonna find a knife and cut you out of that, then the police will get here and you’ll go home.”

“I really didn’t think anyone was going to come.” Patrick looked thoughtful. “I was sure nobody would notice I was gone. Ed kept saying so. How I was perfect cause I wouldn’t be missed.”

I walked up to the thick metal door and pulled it open.

Patrick said, “Don’t go in there, man.”

But it was too late. I had seen it.

This room had been a meat locker once, or was built like one. That much was clear to me. It was refrigerated and biting cold. It was also dark, but my phone light showed me everything. My eyes darted from one meat hook to the other, unable to stay focused on one for too long.

Then the smell hit me. Oh God, that smell. Of everything I remember that night, I think that’s the one that’s gonna stay with me forever. I couldn’t stand the smell for more than two seconds. I had to slam it shut.

Just as the metal door closed, my eyes caught on one of the meat hooks. The body was pretty decomposed already, but I recognized the Bayonetta t-shirt instantly. Greg.

Greg had taken a week to crack. That’s why the work text came so late.

The police were there in less than ten minutes, and I am thankful every day that I didn’t have to look inside that meat locker again. They told me later there were twelve human remains inside. All were at different stages of decomposition. Greg had been dead for about a month. The oldest, nearly seven years.

I waited till morning to call Cheryl. She answered, clearly excited to hear from me. We talked for half an hour about her new job, new city, the new cat she’d rescued. I didn’t tell her a thing about last night. I was just happy to know she wasn’t one of the twelve.

Word got out pretty quick, though, when they issued a nationwide manhunt for Ed. They caught him in New Mexico two days later, already halfway across the country and heading for the Mexican border. He confessed to everything right away, as well as four more murders in a different state, all from before he moved and opened the store. Police found the bodies exactly where he said he’d buried them. All in all, he had killed sixteen people over the course of more than twenty years. Every single body showed extensive signs of torture.

Pretty soon, they had a name for him. The Adventure City Gaming Killer.

Unsurprisingly, our group fell apart after that. Nobody wanted to play a game with such a horrible shadow looming over it. I stayed friends with Carlos, though we never talk about what happened.

It was more than a year before I felt ready, but eventually I found another game store and started up a new game. Carlos joined, along with three other great players who have no idea about our connection with Ed. Gamers in our city mostly don’t talk about him. The new store is huge, clean, and always busy. It’s owned by these three really cool nerdy dudes who remind me so much of my college D&D group. It’s a 45 minute drive from work, but I don’t mind.

I tried really hard to stay friends with Patrick. I offered to let him stay at my place for as long as he wanted, but he said he was fine. I don’t know how he did it. I would never be able to live alone again if I went through what he did. I made an effort to invite him over for beers or to watch TV, and he came a few times. But after a while he started making excuses.

I text him from time to time, but he always says he’s busy.

It’s been four years since all the shit at Adventure City. I still go to my local game store, and I still make an effort to talk to everyone. You get all kinds of people hanging out there. Students, married couples, people with kids, working professionals. A lot of us are a little weird, but most of us have plenty of friends and healthy relationships. You can always tell the ones who don’t, though. They stick out like sore thumbs. The ones who don’t really have any friends or family, who come to the game store because it’s their only outlet. Those are the ones I pay attention to most. I try my hardest to be friends with them. I get them on facebook. I invite them to play games with us. When one of those people stops showing up, I always make sure to check up on them, just to see how they are.

I don’t think I’ll ever be able to stop doing that.

If you guys are looking for scary movie suggestions here are a few I have.

1. [REC] (2007)

[media]
[/media]

(Don't worry it's not just a cheap found footage movie)

2. I saw the Devil

[media]
[/media]

3. Would you Rather

[media]
[/media]

4. The Babadook

[media]
[/media]

5. V/H/S 2

[media]
[/media]

I don't know if it counts as scary, maybe more disgusting or disturbing, but look up the BME Pain Olympics. I'm not willing to link it here. And it's also NSFW.

It scares me, just not in a jump and scream sort of way, more like a terrified cringe.

Tripodric said:
I don't know if it counts as scary, maybe more disgusting or disturbing, but look up the BME Pain Olympics. I'm not willing to link it here. And it's also NSFW.
It scares me, just not in a jump and scream sort of way, more like a terrified cringe.
Oh my god X3

How about these scary ass REAL Japanese commercials from japan. They were on tv when I visited japan.

[media]

[/media]

Tripodric said:
Holy shit! You went to Japan? Was it terrifying? Did you enter a game show?
*Single Tear* I had to kill all 41 of my classmates......

(If you don't get the joke look up Battle Royale)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back