• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A Tale of Three Houses (Similarities with GoT/ASoIAF) Semi/Detailed

Brookswho

"It does what it's supposed to"

A Tale of Three Houses

Greetings! I have been watching Game of Thrones lately and have gained the itch to write a story similar to the setting and lifestyle seen in the Game of Thrones world. Also, I just now played through TellTale's Game of Thrones game and that has given me many ideas of what I want to do. Just to go ahead and tell you, I don't have everything worked out already for this story and will require assistance in world building and such. I'm looking for one or two others that would like to be involved with this for the long-term. Together, we will build up a decent world and setting, set up the main story, and simply roleplay/storywrite.

Now, I'll go ahead and establish some things I've already laid out for this. There will be three houses in the immediate area as seen in the map above. The ruins indicate that there was once a fourth house. The house that lives in EbonBrook is the house that dominantly rules the area. The other houses serve under them as bannermen/vassals. The other two houses do not like their liege, but can't do anything about it due to a lack of manpower and a lack of quality equipment. The other two houses also hate each other and have been known to act out on that hate. Their liege doesn't care as long as it doesn't hinder production or effect them.

The house at HeartHill is proficient in farming and supplying food for themselves and their liege.
The house at OxWood is proficient in, well it speaks for itself, lumber.
The house at EbonBrook is proficient in trading, fishing, and recently, mining.
The fourth house that is left in ruin was proficient in mining before their fall.

Each house is able to do eachother's tasks, just not as well. For example, each house would have villages that farm and produce food.

I do not have the houses names yet nor any of the characters. That's something we will work together on. I should also mention that these houses serve an even higher liege. The world is much larger than this small area. It is just that this is the focus.

HeartHill and OxWood < EbonBrook < Higher Liege

This has just been a ramble of ideas and my thoughts for what I kind of want to do. This story will be about many things and many characters. What people will do for the betterment of their family. Betrayal. Revenge. Acting on Hatred. Taking Ambitious Steps. Politics. Intrigue. And the list goes on. If you've seen Game of Thrones, you'll have an idea. Even better if you've played TellTale's Game of Thrones game cause that's what is influencing a lot of this.

Last edited:
Established more things for this already. There are two of us involved so far. Still open for another to join in. Looking for someone that would be interested and dedicated to building the world and pushing the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back