• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Akio said:
Fair enough, even so the list is not a end all
lol read the fight again, the first part of the fight he was trashing Trevir pretty well using the sun and the environment. And if his spear wasn't blunted he could have tried to bleed Trevir and tire him out rather then having to go for the kill shot. As for the dirt, if he fights dirty and a melee is meant as practice then shouldn't he fight as he normally does especially right before war? Lol
You realize you couldn't bleed him because you never would have cut him. Attacking a man in full plate from the front is like swinging at a wall, you might dent his armor slightly here and there but you'd never harm him unless you got him in the back (where all the openings in the armor arre) and you never once got behind him. As for tiring him out, Cayden would get tired first, you made Cayden have asthma and thats a huge disadvantage when it comes to stamina. Realistically you would have lost the moment Trevir's sword made contact with your body because your light armor would get shredded by a longsword, you'd be heavily injured and a lot slow, and he'd finish you easily. If that was a legit battle you would have died, because not only is Trevir slightly more skilled than Cayden, but his equipment is a perfect counter for Cayden's.

It seems to me that you keep trying to dance around the fact Cayden's weapons and armor suck against Westerosi knights by saying "Cayden is super fast and agile and his armor is light". What you don't take into account is all a knight has to do to avoid you getting behind them or to their weak spots is turn their bodies while you have to run around them to get at their flank. Not only does that use up a lot of energy when you're doing it for a whole fight but your enemy would have to be a lumbering idiot to not just turn and face you faster than you can get around them. This is why during medieval times knights on foot would cut through levies like fodder even when sometimes the levies were better than the knights because they were veterans and had tons of experience. The knights equipment simply ruins any chance of a spear being effective, if you were fighting in Essos this would be different and your equipment would be wonderful, but you just need to realize you'll probably be losing to people far worse than Cayden simply because of your equipment choice in Westeros.

Last edited by a moderator:
Were I in Cayden's position, I would in fact completely change my equipment even if I had no experience with it. Even with little experience in full armor and with a sword or shield, he would be in a better position to be fighting other fully equipped knights. Combat in Westeros is extremely one-sided for plate armor wearers. That's why Maeryn Trant killed that water dancer. He had armor and a big fucking sword.

Leusis said:
You realize you couldn't bleed him because you never would have cut him. Attacking a man in full plate from the front is like swinging at a wall, you might dent his armor slightly here and there but you'd never harm him unless you got him in the back (where all the openings in the armor arre) and you never once got behind him. As for tiring him out, Cayden would get tired first, you made Cayden have asthma and thats a huge disadvantage when it comes to stamina. Realistically you would have lost the moment Trevir's sword made contact with your body because your light armor would get shredded by a longsword, you'd be heavily injured and a lot slow, and he'd finish you easily. If that was a legit battle you would have died, because not only is Trevir slightly more skilled than Cayden, but his equipment is a perfect counter for Cayden's.
It seems to me that you keep trying to dance around the fact Cayden's weapons and armor suck against Westerosi knights by saying "Cayden is super fast and agile and his armor is light". What you don't take into account is all a knight has to do to avoid you getting behind them or to their weak spots is turn their bodies while you have to run around them to get at their flank. Not only does that use up a lot of energy when you're doing it for a whole fight but your enemy would have to be a lumbering idiot to not just turn and face you faster than you can get around them. This is why during medieval times knights on foot would cut through levies like fodder even when sometimes the levies were better than the knights because they were veterans and had tons of experience. The knights equipment simply ruins any chance of a spear being effective, if you were fighting in Essos this would be different and your equipment would be wonderful, but you just need to realize you'll probably be losing to people far worse than Cayden simply because of your equipment choice in Westeros.
To be honest a good enough hit with a spear could pierce armor but it's still really tough to do and you'd likely end up damaging the spear beyond repair in the process. It's not impossible if someones armor is heavy enough for him to out maneuver them but the armor in Westeros is much different from medieval times in that you aren't just blind and basically unable to move in it. Sure your speed is decreased but in the show people in full armor get knocked down constantly and are able to get up on their own which is something that medieval knights in full plate would never be able to do.

Elendithas said:
Were I in Cayden's position, I would in fact completely change my equipment even if I had no experience with it. Even with little experience in full armor and with a sword or shield, he would be in a better position to be fighting other fully equipped knights. Combat in Westeros is extremely one-sided for plate armor wearers. That's why Maeryn Trant killed that water dancer. He had armor and a big fucking sword.
Well Syrio Forel did just have a wood sword, if he had a real sword he'd probably fuck Maeryn up. I mean Bronn walks around with barely any armor on and kicks the shit out of most people he fights.

[QUOTE="Ser Davos Seaworth]To be honest a good enough hit with a spear could pierce armor but it's still really tough to do and you'd likely end up damaging the spear beyond repair in the process. It's not impossible if someones armor is heavy enough for him to out maneuver them but the armor in Westeros is much different from medieval times in that you aren't just blind and basically unable to move in it. Sure your speed is decreased but in the show people in full armor get knocked down constantly and are able to get up on their own which is something that medieval knights in full plate would never be able to do.

[/QUOTE]
actually full plate even in real life wasn't enough to keep a knight from running around, diving and rolling. Sure it made things harder because it was heavy, but you'd never see a knight be unable to stand because of their armor. Also knights were pretty much the medieval equivlant to professional athletes if they were any good because they had been traing for war since a very young age.

Your-friend-is-dead-Sandor-The-Hound-quotes.jpg

Also, you're not going to get a spear through plate unless you're on a horse using it like a lance, and even then theres a good chance it breaks before it gets through. Only way you're hurting a knight with a spear is by hitting him in the back.

Leusis said:
actually full plate even in real life wasn't enough to keep a knight from running around, diving and rolling. Sure it made things harder because it was heavy, but you'd never see a knight be unable to stand because of their armor. Also knights were pretty much the medieval equivlant to professional athletes if they were any good because they had been traing for war since a very young age.
Well it's a lot harder than it is in the show, maybe it was chain mail that I'm thinking of. That underneath plate made a downed knight like a turtle on its back. At least that's what I remember seeing somewhere.

@Leusis Or hitting the openings in his armor like joints, but in the middle of a fight it's pretty hard to focus on anything but not dying.

There's a video like 200 pages back that shows how little full plate actually slowed knights of the time. It literally looked like the guy had no trouble doing anything in it, though I'm sure it was still more taxing.

[QUOTE="Ser Davos Seaworth]To be honest a good enough hit with a spear could pierce armor but it's still really tough to do and you'd likely end up damaging the spear beyond repair in the process. It's not impossible if someones armor is heavy enough for him to out maneuver them but the armor in Westeros is much different from medieval times in that you aren't just blind and basically unable to move in it. Sure your speed is decreased but in the show people in full armor get knocked down constantly and are able to get up on their own which is something that medieval knights in full plate would never be able to do.

[/QUOTE]
Its not just a matter of armor or not, he also has a breathing condition so anything to lighten the weight is better for him because he tires quicker then most. If he changes weapons he'd be useless as sword and shield, if he changed weapons what he would have the most experience with a Braavosi water danger sword which he used for some time in Braavos or knives. He'd be a fairly good knife fighter. It would take him sometime to get used to a longsword, much less sword and shield as well as armor

Maybe but it's not just adapting weapons. His entire style revolves around speed and all his weapons have been thrusting weapons of some kind for the most part. In order for him to switch he would completely have to change styles. If he did switch a long swords though as a warrior he would probably fight a mix of Darrio and Bronn, not sure I could ever see him in full plate

From what I can gather, Cayden is by no means a warrior. Maybe a duelist, but that doesn't really help much on a battlefield unless he does what any Dornish swine do and hits people in the back or throws dirt in their face.

Elendithas said:
From what I can gather, Cayden is by no means a warrior. Maybe a duelist, but that doesn't really help much on a battlefield unless he does what any Dornish swine do and hits people in the back or throws dirt in their face.
He does because it's battle lol, he uses every method necessary in battle

@Leusis[/URL] Or hitting the openings in his armor like joints, but in the middle of a fight it's pretty hard to focus on anything but not dying.
Elendithas said:
There's a video like 200 pages back that shows how little full plate actually slowed knights of the time. It literally looked like the guy had no trouble doing anything in it, though I'm sure it was still more taxing.
[media]

[/media]
@Leusis Another "no rush" friendly heads up: It's Kuvira's turn again. Great discussion btw guys.

[QUOTE="Ser Davos Seaworth]Huh, looks like I was wrong then. Any big posts happening today? Seems pretty uneventful the past couple days

[/QUOTE]
Not likely at the moment I think.

Most of my posts rely on others but I guess I could make a POV of the raid of the Wolfswood.

Elendithas said:
Fight me. Syrio is still alive and nobody can convince me otherwise.

*runs off to cry in a corner*

WanderingJester said:
[media]

[/media]
@Leusis Another "no rush" friendly heads up: It's Kuvira's turn again. Great discussion btw guys.
Dude, fuck. That's ridiculous, I love it.

To be fair, Trevir wasn't exactly in perfect condition. He'd been riding pretty much doubletime to get to Casterly Rock, and then got whatever rest came from getting shown to his rooms, and then almost immediately jumped into the melee. Same thing goes for the Cast, especially Siward and his old bones.

Fezzes said:
Fight me. Syrio is still alive and nobody can convince me otherwise.
*runs off to cry in a corner*

Dude, fuck. That's ridiculous, I love it.

To be fair, Trevir wasn't exactly in perfect condition. He'd been riding pretty much doubletime to get to Casterly Rock, and then got whatever rest came from getting shown to his rooms, and then almost immediately jumped into the melee. Same thing goes for the Cast, especially Siward and his old bones.
True, Cayden had fought as well though more then Trevir so they were probably pretty even when they met, more then i thought if all that riding happened

[QUOTE="Ser Davos Seaworth]Alright, how do I put the spoiler tab in? Because that shit was insane and I want to talk about it

[/QUOTE]
The plus symbol. Click it. Then click on spoiler. Type in between the square brackets.

My parents doubted me with the Jon thing. I know that it was a well known theory but none of them are as into the show as I am so all of them were shocked as I was just laughing my ass off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back