• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Hypnos said:
I wish I could be as popular as Fordee, people are literally fighting over who gets to RP with him :(
The reason I wanted to do that is because I want to make a new character since my wildling won't see any action for awhile, and I don't really want to be a lord since there are plenty of those already. So making a merc is probably the best option for me but just being a random merc won't really lead to anything so I wanted to get Aerea so that I could get a little more attention.

[QUOTE="Ser Davos Seaworth]The reason I wanted to do that is because I want to make a new character since my wildling won't see any action for awhile, and I don't really want to be a lord since there are plenty of those already. So making a merc is probably the best option for me but just being a random merc won't really lead to anything so I wanted to get Aerea so that I could get a little more attention.

[/QUOTE]
I did say you can join the Red Spear or even just hang around them or even just be at the wedding. You want attention Caydens group will be getting a lot of it and I could make you Aereas body guard after they meet. I just don't want her dragged across Westeros. All mercenaries, even guys like Bronn have employers.

[QUOTE="Ser Davos Seaworth]The reason I wanted to do that is because I want to make a new character since my wildling won't see any action for awhile, and I don't really want to be a lord since there are plenty of those already. So making a merc is probably the best option for me but just being a random merc won't really lead to anything so I wanted to get Aerea so that I could get a little more attention.

[/QUOTE]
Don't know if you saw, but my offer for that spy of Ibben business stands. I can promise more interesting story than being a guard to some Dornish douchebag. Plus being a spy largely leaves you to your own devices. Then again, you can certainly do your own thing.

Akio said:
I did say you can join the Red Spear or even just hang around them or even just be at the wedding. You want attention Caydens group will be getting a lot of it and I could make you Aereas body guard after they meet. I just don't want her dragged across Westeros. All mercenaries, even guys like Bronn have employers.
Well I don't really want to just piggy back someone else. I'll make something later once I get home since I'm at work right now.

And on a side note, Aerea being dragged around Westeros by Cayden is literally no different than being dragged around by anyone else. Shit, giving her to Kuvira would be the most humane course of action. Either she gets executed quickly because of crazy, or they make up because of sisters.

[QUOTE="Ser Davos Seaworth]Well I don't really want to just piggy back someone else. I'll make something later once I get home since I'm at work right now.

[/QUOTE]
You could always choose the best option and pick up a Tully/Velaryon.

Oh, are we doing active recruiting at the moment?

Join the Lannisters! We have money!

scrooge-mcduck-paintings.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Elendithas said:
And on a side note, Aerea being dragged around Westeros by Cayden is literally no different than being dragged around by anyone else. Shit, giving her to Kuvira would be the most humane course of action. Either she gets executed quickly because of crazy, or they make up because of sisters.
I feel that might be the last thing Aerea wants, and me and Fordee do have a plan beyond being dragged

Akio said:
I feel that might be the last thing Aerea wants, and me and Fordee do have a plan beyond being dragged
One which you're almost certainly going to have to deal with others trying, or inadvertantly happening to deviate from its course. That's how RP with human beings works.

Elendithas said:
One which you're almost certainly going to have to deal with others trying, or inadvertantly happening to deviate from its course. That's how RP with human beings works.
I don't mind messing otherwise, that's why when Lance and Hypnos who are gonna mess with that plan most likely I could only throw so much fuss, what annoyed me about Sir Davos's plan is it involved making a new character who didn't exist in the perfect place to do whatever he likes to get her and leave.

Leusis said:
Look, Roland was a mercenary/hedge knight only like 2 months or less ago in RP and he had 800 other mounted hedge knights following him as well as 800 squires. Now that hes a lord you could just be one of his captains who came to his island and then the wedding with him from his old mercenary company. Essentially I'd just make you the second in command of the 400 men-at-arms and 80 knights that Roland brought with him to the wedding.
If that doesn't interest you thats fine, I was just trying to give you an option that doesn't make you a lord but doesn't make you some random useless merc running around doing nothing.

I would also like to say I fully support you messing with @Akio and his plans when it comes to Aerea, cause shit happens sometimes and plans don't go the way you want and I feel like he needs to learn that and get over it instead of arguing that somebody can't do something that messes with ooc plans.
I may do that since it seems fairly reasonable and would make sense. I'll post a CS once I get home.

@Akio Again, how was I supposed to know that you and Forbee had a plan to make a story instead of it being random. All I was going to do was help her, bring her to where she was trying to run to in the first place, and then maybe stick around and help her out in the future. Didn't really know that your apparently world class group of trackers and literal army in someone else's land called dibs.

Ser Davos Seaworth]I may do that since it seems fairly reasonable and would make sense. I'll post a CS once I get home. [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/7305-akio/ said:
@Akio[/URL] Again, how was I supposed to know that you and Forbee had a plan to make a story instead of it being random. All I was going to do was help her, bring her to where she was trying to run to in the first place, and then maybe stick around and help her out in the future. Didn't really know that your apparently world class group of trackers and literal army in someone else's land called dibs.
You don't have to be world class trackers to tracks a girl and a Knight sprinting through the woods basically straight with zero concern of hiding said trail. You just have to have eyes. As for the 200 men I did mention them there since you joined and they've been there for a really long time (mainly because this was something I was talking to even with Centurion way back when Fordee wasn't here) Originally a possible plan was have Cayden miss the wedding completely and come across her when she was first taken by house Whent and duel James to the death. I'm not mad anymore and understand you didn't know what me and Fordee were doing but having a character seem to be expressly made to mess with what I was doing was really aggrevating. I apologize though for getting so annoyed

Leusis said:
Look, Roland was a mercenary/hedge knight only like 2 months or less ago in RP and he had 800 other mounted hedge knights following him as well as 800 squires. Now that hes a lord you could just be one of his captains who came to his island and then the wedding with him from his old mercenary company. Essentially I'd just make you the second in command of the 400 men-at-arms and 80 knights that Roland brought with him to the wedding.
If that doesn't interest you thats fine, I was just trying to give you an option that doesn't make you a lord but doesn't make you some random useless merc running around doing nothing.

I would also like to say I fully support you messing with @Akio and his plans when it comes to Aerea, cause shit happens sometimes and plans don't go the way you want and I feel like he needs to learn that and get over it instead of arguing that somebody can't do something that messes with ooc plans.
Alright I just got home and I'll probably write up something soon, anything that I should put in there to explain how him and Roland met up in the first place?

Akio said:
Brexit happened. I don't believe the government is required to follow through with the votes, but. . . The UK might leave the EU. And NI and Scotland aren't pleased with that...Oh, Gibraltar too I guess.

TheAncientCenturion said:
Brexit happened. I don't believe the government is required to follow through with the votes, but. . . The UK might leave the EU. And NI and Scotland aren't pleased with that...Oh, Gibraltar too I guess.
What do they want to leave the EU

[QUOTE="Ser Davos Seaworth]Alright I just got home and I'll probably write up something soon, anything that I should put in there to explain how him and Roland met up in the first place?

[/QUOTE]
Well a good number of his knights, perhaps 100-200 were decended from household knights that Roland's family had before they lost their lands in the Reach. You could be one of them or you could just be a hedge knight Roland picked up in his travels at some point, honestly hes been pretty much everywhere so your character could be from any area really. As for how they met exactly, I'll leave that to you.

I have just not been able to properly get online the last two days or so. I've just been so busy. I'm gonna catch up on everything right now!

@Ser Davos Seaworth

I'd honestly love if you created a character to interact with Aerea. Akio and I discussed a plan OOCly, but, obviously I wasn't going to stick to said plan completely. So, yeah. I am down for a Bronn-esque character coming across Aerea, or being with Akio's red spears, or...
whatever.

@Akio

We did discuss a plan, yes. But part of the fun of role playing is that anything can change. When it comes to your troops immediately finding Aerea, I am in agreeance with the likes of
@Elendithas and @Leusis . It is a little bit unrealistic if they catch her right away.

Aerea is in a very severe state of paranoia right now, so she won't go willingly. She will run/hide/do anything to get away.

I know you may want to advance our plan as much as possible and try and avoid any more delays, but, I feel as if it'd be better if Cayden's men didn't get to Aerea as soon as they found her.

An IC game of "cat and mouse" sounds very exciting to me as well!

TheAncientCenturion said:
Oh I'm aware, there are two idiots standing outside my house right now, blowing air horns and carrying signs that say "Thank you [Name of place where I live]" whilst the national anthem plays loudly in the background.

TheFordee14 said:
@Ser Davos Seaworth
I'd honestly love if you created a character to interact with Aerea. Akio and I discussed a plan OOCly, but, obviously I wasn't going to stick to said plan completely. So, yeah. I am down for a Bronn-esque character coming across Aerea, or being with Akio's red spears, or...
whatever.

@Akio

We did discuss a plan, yes. But part of the fun of role playing is that anything can change. When it comes to your troops immediately finding Aerea, I am in agreeance with the likes of
@Elendithas and @Leusis . It is a little bit unrealistic if they catch her right away.

Aerea is in a very severe state of paranoia right now, so she won't go willingly. She will run/hide/do anything to get away.

I know you may want to advance our plan as much as possible and try and avoid any more delays, but, I feel as if it'd be better if Cayden's men didn't get to Aerea as soon as they found her.

An IC game of "cat and mouse" sounds very exciting to me as well!
Only problem with that I'm not sure they're will be a game of cat and mouse, they are following a strange pair of tracks because he was curious about the corpses but if she disappears their curiosity would wain without something to keep them on the hunt, as pointed out before right now they have no idea who Aerea is so right now they got no reason to follow. It wouldn't be a chase because why would they follow without a reason to follow. The entire pick up relied on how swiftly it happened, not to mention house Whent pursuers won't likely stop and 3 men and now other riverlands houses plan to approach the Red Spear not to mention Kay running around, at the very least if the Red Spear follow they need something to make them want to continue the hunt regardless of the time if you want a big chase scene

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back