• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Rhosvyn said:
Paramours aren't just Dornish, Aegon 2 had one.
paramours in Dorne are a little bit different then the average mistress that another lord may have

To be awknowledged as a paramour you become official and basically have as much rights as ones own wife except for the ability to take the lords sir name. Paramours can be of any sex and any social standing but once awknowledged by a lord they wield great power. Its common practice in Dorne to marry once for politics then then keep a paramour. The difference is the openness they have with them and the rights they have much the same way they treat bastards

Bastards in Dorne can inherit as long as there are no true born children and can even take over noble houses over uncles and nephews. Girls are also fully included in lines of succession. As with paramours for example Ella sand a bastard of those who ruled Hellhot she was basically Oberyns wife even if they didn't marry officially and if Oberyn had been ruler of Dorne and he died without a true born heir the eldest of the sand snakes would have inherited. Their rights are much greater and can be much more open as it's seen as very acceptable to have a paramour or sleep with multiple partners which fuels Caydens Playboy nature

Leusis said:
Every time you call Cayden a playboy I cringe.
Easiest way to describe it. He sleeps around and spends time with a lot of woman. He dislikes commitment and regards a lot of people with a lot of affection and is very free with his sexual life. Though he's a responsible one I guess considering he takes care of his bastards like most in Dorne do to the best of his ability

I'd describe him as less of a playboy and more of a self righteous hedonist with an underlying obsession with Daenna that causes him to behave irrationally to the point of wishing harm on a sick and dying man who only wishes to marry her for the betterment of his people's lives. He also hates people who use magic for the same reason the Catholic religion hated homosexuality.... He doesn't understand it because he's unable to disassociate his ignorance on the subject with the person and is thus frightened by them.

...... But you know, that's just my assessment of Cayden as a character (>A>)

I will not deny magic frightens him, though the reason he does like Desgen is completely because Vance exists and he's trying to put influence of Westeros and by extension Dorne who dislike foriegn intervention. Though your right its still far to early for him to trust Desgen. Though in his defense when has magic in game of thrones ever been a good thing except for under the children of the forest? All other magic shown thus far is chaotic and destructive.

He is a hedonist (in the way he seeks pleasure though he considers family and friends above pleasure or rather their own type of pleasure) though I can't say he's self righteous consdering he judges by the individual and see's himself no higher then the beggar on the street unless proven otherwise which is why he treated the prince of Pentos so poorly but hates slavey and can usually respect most slaves for the hardships they endured.

As for behaving irrationally that up to opinon though if someone was so free of their emotion they could behave rationally all the time I would be impressed. He's a more emotional character for sure though and he acts based on his feelings a lot

Last edited by a moderator:
OK so I have sent the message to whoever is going to die so if you didn't get one good for you but if you are then. Well you're screwed.

Playing the GoT mod for Crusader Kings 2. My god, the domains are large, and so many plan to kill you or to dispose of you. Played as Lannisters, the Crag and the Cleganes have revolted against me, had to hire mercenaries to defend myself. Played as Robb, well, let's say they followed the books. VERY WELL -_- . Played as the Bitch King, found myself defeated by Stannis. And then, I gave up.

Akio said:
He does not even know (or won't originally) that she is emotionly unstable and his opinion on political marriage is that its a means but at that point you take a parlamor for affection and actual care. To him its not cheating, but an accepted Dornish practice. Now she's not Dornish so its up to her to decide what's right for herself but he lives by dornes rules
You can't just decide to live by the rules of another nation, even if you live there, if I travel to America I can't just decide to drive on the wrong side of the road because I'm going by British rules, or, in a way Cayden may understand, the age of consent varies from country to country you can't get off committing a crime in one nation because in your home nation it is ok, he should follow Westerosi tradition whilst not in Dorne and taking a noble woman as a paramour (at her cousin (once removed)'s wedding of all places) would be considered wrong and against the faith.

I think it wouldn't take long to realize shes emotionally unstable when he sees that she's married and her husband isn't even present at the wedding.

Akio said:
Bastards in Dorne can inherit as long as there are no true born children and can even take over noble houses over uncles and nephews. Girls are also fully included in lines of succession. As with paramours for example Ella sand a bastard of those who ruled Hellhot she was basically Oberyns wife even if they didn't marry officially and if Oberyn had been ruler of Dorne and he died without a true born heir the eldest of the sand snakes would have inherited. Their rights are much greater and can be much more open as it's seen as very acceptable to have a paramour or sleep with multiple partners which fuels Caydens Playboy nature
You're confusing a Dornish paramour with an Ironborn salt wife, whose children can inherit if their parents have no other issue, bastards can't inherit even in Dorne, the only difference is the way the Dornish treat their bastards as they don't hold them in low regard like the rest of Westeros.

[QUOTE="Robyn Banks]OK so I have sent the message to whoever is going to die so if you didn't get one good for you but if you are then. Well you're screwed.

[/QUOTE]
God, I was almost certain it was going to be me, well thank god for that, I hope you and whoever it is can work it out in a civil manner, death can be the most important part of a character.

AnnoDomini said:
Playing the GoT mod for Crusader Kings 2. My god, the domains are large, and so many plan to kill you or to dispose of you. Played as Lannisters, the Crag and the Cleganes have revolted against me, had to hire mercenaries to defend myself. Played as Robb, well, let's say they followed the books. VERY WELL -_- . Played as the Bitch King, found myself defeated by Stannis. And then, I gave up.
CKII GoT mod is simultaneously the best and the worst game ever, one minute you're conqouring the Kingdom's with your son who has perfect stats, the next minute everyone dies of the plague and you end up as your fat, slothful, lunatic grandson whose stuck under the regency of his craven uncle.

Paramours are the same everywhere @Akio it is just that Dornish Lords view them differantly .

Hypnos said:
You can't just decide to live by the rules of another nation, even if you live there, if I travel to America I can't just decide to drive on the wrong side of the road because I'm going by British rules, or, in a way Cayden may understand, the age of consent varies from country to country you can't get off committing a crime in one nation because in your home nation it is ok, he should follow Westerosi tradition whilst not in Dorne and taking a noble woman as a paramour (at her cousin (once removed)'s wedding of all places) would be considered wrong and against the faith.
I think it wouldn't take long to realize shes emotionally unstable when he sees that she's married and her husband isn't even present at the wedding.

You're confusing a Dornish paramour with an Ironborn salt wife, whose children can inherit if their parents have no other issue, bastards can't inherit even in Dorne, the only difference is the way the Dornish treat their bastards as they don't hold them in low regard like the rest of Westeros.

God, I was almost certain it was going to be me, well thank god for that, I hope you and whoever it is can work it out in a civil manner, death can be the most important part of a character.

CKII GoT mod is simultaneously the best and the worst game ever, one minute you're conqouring the Kingdom's with your son who has perfect stats, the next minute everyone dies of the plague and you end up as your fat, slothful, lunatic grandson whose stuck under the regency of his craven uncle.
Except he doesn't follow the faith of the seven so he disregards that even further

Rhosvyn said:
Paramours are the same everywhere @Akio it is just that Dornish Lords view them differantly .
In the way they are not seen as a shameful thing maybe. Prince Lywen of the mad kings kingsguard even had a paramour

Akio said:
In the way they are not seen as a shameful thing maybe. Prince Lywen of the mad kings kingsguard even had a paramour
Yes but that was a secret only known to the brothers of the Kingsgaurd.

Hypnos said:
What is this I hear? *Grabs pitchfork* I guess it's time to go on a heathen hunt! Deus Vult!
He doesnt believe in the faith of the seven, for when have they answered anyone's prayers? Death is the only god he believes in because he sees his work every day though he doesn't worship him

Akio said:
More because his oath as a kingsguard then anything else
Of course, he would of been kicked out or even killed if the mad king knew (probably sent to the wall.)

But if he wasn't a kingsguard then people would still look down on him and his paramour, noble ladies are known to call them whores.

There are paramours all throughout the planet but they are most accepted in Dorne.

Akio said:
He doesnt believe in the faith of the seven, for when have they answered anyone's prayers? Death is the only god he believes in because he sees his work every day though he doesn't worship him
That's what we call blasphemy and it is heavily frowned upon in Westeros because save the Iron Islands, the North (and House Blackwood) everyone worships the faith of the seven, including the Dornish. Disregarding religion is something that is heavily frowned upon and even some of the worst people in Westeros still go to Septs as that is the thing that people do, people are raised to do. I can honestly see why the seven don't answer your prayers, Cayden isn't exactly the greatest example of a man of the faith.

This totally makes me want to make a High Septon character, but I already have enough as it is.

Hypnos said:
That's what we call blasphemy and it is heavily frowned upon in Westeros because save the Iron Islands, the North (and House Blackwood) everyone worships the faith of the seven, including the Dornish. Disregarding religion is something that is heavily frowned upon and even some of the worst people in Westeros still go to Septs as that is the thing that people do, people are raised to do. I can honestly see why the seven don't answer your prayers, Cayden isn't exactly the greatest example of a man of the faith.
This totally makes me want to make a High Septon character, but I already have enough as it is.
I prefer Septon Meribald to the High Septon.

The High Sparrow is pretty cool too though.

Rhosvyn said:
Of course, he would of been kicked out or even killed if the mad king knew (probably sent to the wall.)
But if he wasn't a kingsguard then people would still look down on him and his paramour, noble ladies are known to call them whores.

There are paramours all throughout the planet but they are most accepted in Dorne.
That's why I said the biggest difference is the rights their given

Hypnos said:
Several in Dorne do though a good chuck don't, considering how a lot of dornish customs are at odd with the faith. He's not incredibly open about his disregard for the faith of the seven but ask him about it and he'll probably give his honest opinion

Rhosvyn said:
I prefer Septon Meribald to the High Septon.
The High Sparrow is pretty cool too though.
High Septon is such an underutilized position in the series and the High Sparrow is a great example of the power and influence they could wield as the head of the largest religion in the continent, if done right a HS character could probably be one of the funnest characters to play and could even end up toppling Kingdoms and empires if they play their cards right.

Akio said:
That's why I said the biggest difference is the rights their given
Several in Dorne do though a good chuck don't, considering how a lot of dornish customs are at odd with the faith. He's not incredibly open about his disregard for the faith of the seven but ask him about it and he'll probably give his honest opinion
Dorne worships the faith of the seven in the same way the Targaryens do, they listen to most of it but they pick out the bits they don't like (Incest is wrong, stop cheating on your wife etc) Dorne does Worship the faith, they just don't follow all of its customs, I'm not complaining about the Dornish taking a paramour in Dorne, that is well within their rights and the Dornish have made it part of their tradition, I was comenting on the religious backlash you will receive if you do it outside of Dorne Let us just hope no one asks Cayden about his religious beliefs then.

Hypnos said:
High Septon is such an underutilized position in the series and the High Sparrow is a great example of the power and influence they could wield as the head of the largest religion in the continent, if done right a HS character could probably be one of the funnest characters to play and could even end up toppling Kingdoms and empires if they play their cards right.
Dorne worships the faith of the seven in the same way the Targaryens do, they listen to most of it but they pick out the bits they don't like (Incest is wrong, stop cheating on your wife etc) Dorne does Worship the faith, they just don't follow all of its customs, I'm not complaining about the Dornish taking a paramour in Dorne, that is well within their rights and the Dornish have made it part of their tradition, I was comenting on the religious backlash you will receive if you do it outside of Dorne Let us just hope no one asks Cayden about his religious beliefs then.
They have to deal with the fact the north exists every day so hell live with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back