• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

@Crimson smile @Akio I'm probably going to wait a bit before I post as the Goat Priest for the sake of what little timeline we have left since he's only just heard Daenna is in Pentos and she has only been in Pentos for about 2-3 days, this does mean though that he'll probably miss Cayden which is a shame because he'd be a great candidate for sacrifice.

Hypnos said:
@Crimson smile @Akio I'm probably going to wait a bit before I post as the Goat Priest for the sake of what little timeline we have left since he's only just heard Daenna is in Pentos and she has only been in Pentos for about 2-3 days, this does mean though that he'll probably miss Cayden which is a shame because he'd be a great candidate for sacrifice.
Ya he'll probably miss Cayden because he's leaving tonight or tomorrow

WanderingJester said:
I was actually fine with that happening. As cool as Obreyn was, his weakness was his arrogance, which caused his downfall. The only thing I regret about the fight ending like that will always be fanboys claiming that Gregor would beat Obreyn in a fight by citing what happened in canon.
...We all know Obreyn won that fight, it's just the crazy Dornishman would've lived had he not been pompous, busied himself with talking shit with Tywin and went for the coup d'grace. If he just kept his composure and kept stabbing at the Mountain from afar, he would've lived long enough to see vengeance for Ella completed. Then again, that's a Dornishman for ya. *shrug*
Yeah... I like the mountain and all, but Oberyn had the advantage of a rather medium ranged weapon, something that negated the sheer size of the bloody mountain. It was a fair fight as you can get without adding giants

TheAncientCenturion said:
The Mountain demolished Oberyn. If it wasn't for a second spear, Oberyn would of been cut in half.
The Cleganes > Dornish.
Oberyn abused Gregor's weakness by shouting his head off the entire time if he hadn't done that then he probably would have been dead a lot quicker.

Hypnos said:
Oberyn abused Gregor's weakness by shouting his head off the entire time if he hadn't done that then he probably would have been dead a lot quicker.
I am skeptical. Gregor had a long ass sword, strength, and speed going for him. Oberyn had poison. And needed a replacement spear before he could land a real blow on Gregor.

LittleWolfie said:
Yeah she does, just writing her now before I get on with Elia
Oh God! We're getting a Dornish pov not from a rapist!

@Akio

Referencing you for no real purpose, completely not related to the post...

Last edited by a moderator:
I am skeptical. Gregor had a long ass sword, strength, and speed going for him. Oberyn had poison. And needed a replacement spear before he could land a real blow on Gregor.
Oh no, I'm agreeing with you, Oberyn had to resort to petty tricks to get even close to getting Gregor and he still lost.

Oh God! We're getting a Dornish pov not from a rapist
No

Hypnos said:
Oh no, I'm agreeing with you, Oberyn had to resort to petty tricks to get even close to getting Gregor and he still lost.
No
What? What do you mean no?! Damn Bracken's. .

Last edited by a moderator:
Gregor isn't fast. He's fast for his size, but that doesn't make him fast. I'll say he's got thick armor, reach and strength on Oberyn, but not speed.

WanderingJester said:
Gregor isn't fast. He's fast for his size, but that doesn't make him fast. I'll say he's got thick armor, reach and strength on Oberyn, but not speed.
Fast in armor that other people couldn't move in. Gregor is 100% faster than Oberyn, who's not even wearing armor. In a foot race Gregor crushes Oberyn. . .

Hypnos said:
Well she's Dornish so speaking statistically...
It's okay. Maybe she's more Rhoynarish?

Fast in armor that other people couldn't move in. Gregor is 100% faster than Oberyn, who's not even wearing armor. In a foot race Gregor crushes Oberyn. . .
I wouldn't put it past the Rhoynar either to be honest.

Hypnos said:
I wouldn't put it past the Rhoynar either to be honest.
Nah man, the Rhoynar were cool. They had all these cities, made the grey plague, and even had water magic that killed a few dragons... Then 300 came and wrecked house.

Why do you think that? Just because he can maneuver well in that armor doesn't make him fast. Gregor faster than Oberyn's a lie. The Viper was moving circles around Gregor in that fight, even if it's because he's not wearing armor and Gregor is. You're going to need to show me some proof before you can say Gregor's speed's an edge over Oberyn.

Nah man, the Rhoynar were cool. They had all these cities, made the grey plague, and even had water magic that killed a few dragons... Then 300 came and wrecked house.
You know Cayden is a mix between salty and stony dornish right?

The Rhoynar put the Martells in charge of Dorne, for that sin they deserve to rot in the seventh hell.

WanderingJester said:
Why do you think that? Just because he can maneuver well in that armor doesn't make him fast. Gregor faster than Oberyn's a lie. The Viper was moving circles around Gregor in that fight, even if it's because he's not wearing armor and Gregor is. You're going to need to show me some proof before you can say Gregor's speed's an edge over Oberyn.
Considering Gregor was fighting Oberyn while still recovering from injuries in the war, notably from the Red Fork, he moved pretty seemlessly and was able to stay nearly up with Oberyn. Oberyn was faster in that instant, but his agility was partially due to the hindered movement (heavy armor) and the narrow slitted helmet that Gregor wore, Tyrion notes it cut off his vision and Oberyn abused that. Hard to hit something you cannot see.

And still they went back and forth, the narrow vision and the two foot longer (than Gregor's sword) spear being what kept Oberyn afloat. Him dancing around The Mountain wasn't due to a lack of speed, but a pair of disadvantages, that when Gregor tired, Oberyn exploited all the better. I have little reason to doubt that Gregor isn't as fast or faster than Oberyn, considering the sheer muscle mass of the man and his own performance in the duel, when not in the most cumbersome armor even dawned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back