• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

SirDerpingtonIV said:
I mean like, what do they have going for them, besides numbers?
A very minimalist society. Shitty conditions won't effect them too much, and looting and pillaging really just makes them happier. It encourages more of that behavior, which is dangerous. But numbers and their cavalry, but they rely too heavily on cavalry, I feel. For the Free Cities/Essos Minor, it's not bad. There's not a super large army to contest them. But if they were in Westeros they'd be fucked.

SirDerpingtonIV said:
I know, but the Dothraki are all unarmored dudes with blades that don't work on armor that use no tactics ever. in comparison, the Mongols are gods.
Lower estimates 20,000 took of the Middle East, with upper being just 50,000. They are beasts.

Akio said:
You know I wonder why the Dornish never tried using poison on an army wide scale
I really think you're overestimating the effect, and underestimating the price of poison, it's not an end all weapon you know.

Hypnos said:
I really think you're overestimating the effect, and underestimating the price of poison, it's not an end all weapon you know.
They could pour liquified shit in your water supplies and it would have a moderately decent effect.

Hypnos said:
Of course not and dilivary is a pain but its a good way to make up for such small numbers. Poison on some archers would be nice to use against infinitry

SirDerpingtonIV said:
They could pour liquified shit in your water supplies and it would have a moderately decent effect.
I mean if the Dornish want to shit in their wells and rivers more power to them but I feel like they'd suffer as much as the enemy.

Akio said:
Of course not and dilivary is a pain but its a good way to make up for such small numbers. Poison on some archers would be nice to use against infinitry
This is why I hate the Dornish, can't shoot like men so they have to resort to the most cowardly weapon possible, arrows would be an effective weapon against infantry too if you tried aiming them. I'm not denying that in small quantities like archers would be effective, if it worked for the Crannogmen it can work for the shit if the Earth Dornish, I'm saying that poisoning an army would be nigh impossible to achieve.

Hypnos said:
I mean if the Dornish want to shit in their wells and rivers more power to them but I feel like they'd suffer as much as the enemy.
This is why I hate the Dornish, can't shoot like men so they have to resort to the most cowardly weapon possible, arrows would be an effective weapon against infantry too if you tried aiming them. I'm not denying that in small quantities like archers would be effective, if it worked for the Crannogmen it can work for the shit if the Earth Dornish, I'm saying that poisoning an army would be nigh impossible to achieve.
Of course not, my goal isn't to poison an entire army. But a few groups of archers using poison arrows could turn the tide in a few situations, if even a small cut is effective it increases the archers effectiveness.

Also if you have about half the size of any army you would learn different ways of fighting to

[QUOTE="Robyn Banks]Of course! Go for it!

[/QUOTE]
Cool. Thanks. I'll start writing up the CS.

Leusis said:
@Red
Just remember that if you're making a sibling to the main lannister family you'll need @WanderingJester approval. If its a cousin or something he probably doesn't care.
Already talked to him cause I needed to know more about the Lannister's history. We already worked something out that would make it easier for me to make a back story. My character's going to be a cousin.

Leusis said:
@Red
Just remember that if you're making a sibling to the main lannister family you'll need @WanderingJester approval. If its a cousin or something he probably doesn't care.
don't worry. We've been discussing it. It's all good :)

Red said:
Already talked to him cause I needed to know more about the Lannister's history. We already worked something out that would make it easier for me to make a back story. My character's going to be a cousin.
Yup.

You know I might make another character for Dorne just because of the lack of stuff we have there. Maybe a dayne

Last edited by a moderator:
Akio said:
Of course not, my goal isn't to poison an entire army. But a few groups of archers using poison arrows could turn the tide in a few situations, if even a small cut is effective it increases the archers effectiveness.
Also if you have about half the size of any army you would learn different ways of fighting to
Gonna have to let you know that most all poisons would do little to nothing during a battle. Afterwards is a different story. Some of the fastest acting poisons on the planet still take at least several minutes to kill a man, and unless Dorne has a hidden stash worth enough to arm several groups of archers with thousands of extremely expensive poison-tipped arrows that will kill in minutes, the effects will be minimal at best during fighting. I mean, Manticore venom is a thing, but that's got to be even more expensive than what I'm talking about.

Elendithas said:
Gonna have to let you know that most all poisons would do little to nothing during a battle. Afterwards is a different story. Some of the fastest acting poisons on the planet still take at least several minutes to kill a man, and unless Dorne has a hidden stash worth enough to arm several groups of archers with thousands of extremely expensive poison-tipped arrows that will kill in minutes, the effects will be minimal at best during fighting. I mean, Manticore venom is a thing, but that's got to be even more expensive than what I'm talking about.
Obviously, I was looking up poisons earlier and few can kill incredibly swiftly so in pitched battle except for a small group it won't help much. But the poison doesn't have to fatal right away. Hullicogens, things that sap ones energy, there's even one that deteriorates mental process and makes one attack anything around them. Combined with dornish hit and run tactics these are all useful.

Elendithas said:
Just Saiyan, hit and run on a force that is pretty heavily lopsided towards cavalry is gonna be hard to do.
I'm aware of the difficulty. No doubt there gonna be a specality weapon if I make them and not a cure all but if used correct it can cause damage

[QUOTE="Darth Gangsta]Yeah . . . I think I'm just going to leave this RP.

[/QUOTE]
Can't keep up with the pace?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back