• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

[QUOTE="Robyn Banks]OK so question. Who is currently near kingslanding ?

[/QUOTE]
Corbis is still in the Dragon Pit, being appropriately plot armored so I can entertain you all.

Archon said:
Oh please, The Reach has enough soldiers to defeat the Westerlands and Dorne, the Hightower's and Tarly's alone could probably beat Dorne, since it's unlikely Dorne would want to get involved in a war where they actually have to attack.
Tywin didn't fuck with the Reach, because he knows the Reach would have squashed him; numbers speak for themselves, and look at any ASOIAF forum and it's unanimous that the Reach is the strongest realm by a large margin, in a defensive war - which this will be - there can be no hope of victory, disloyal bannermen aren't an issue when you're defending your home.

Funnier still if Tadhg has a change of heart and rapes Casterly Rock from behind, I wouldn't put it past @Veyd Sahvoz to make good on "The North Remembers" even in roleplay.
With 15000 men? There's another 10000 strong force waiting for Tadhg at Golden Tooth. He's going to have a hell of a time fighting through the mountains and chokepoints into the Westerlands. It may not be the Vale, but it's the next best thing geographically speaking.

Damn it all the people I want to isn't close. Oh well I'll make use of who I can have.

Leusis said:
@Robyn Banks
Gelgin is in the red keep, Vladin, the master of ships whats his face, the ibbense emissaries, the commander of the goldcloaks. Thats it I think.

SirDerpingtonIV said:
Corbis is still in the Dragon Pit, being appropriately plot armored so I can entertain you all.
Damn it looking forward to brother,sister time. With an execution of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Killing innocent civilians huh? Guess Kuvira really wants a riot to kill her before any siege happens.

[QUOTE="Robyn Banks]Right good point. For now I'll just kill innocent civilians until I get the people I want to destroy.

[/QUOTE]
Now I'm kind of scared of what might happen if cayden lands around kingslanding

@Archon[/URL]
That's great!

He's 900,000x less likely to die than I thought!

Still, those odds don't look too favorable...

WanderingJester said:
With 15000 men? There's another 10000 strong force waiting for Tadhg at Golden Tooth. He's going to have a hell of a time fighting through the mountains and chokepoints into the Westerlands. It may not be the Vale, but it's the next best thing geographically speaking.
Yes, a hard time doesn't mean he wouldn't be able to do it though; especially with far superior numbers, this is a war the Westerlands will start; and they will be the attackers, hopelessly outnumbered against the rarely united Reach. They may not like the Tyrells, but no Lord in their right mind will defect due to the disadvantage the opposition is at.

I'm sorry, but Dorne is a total non-factor, the moment they leave the safety of the sands, they'll be crushed into dust by thousands upon thousands of mounted knights, and high-morale soldiers.

Archon said:
That's great!

Yes, a hard time doesn't mean he wouldn't be able to do it though; especially with far superior numbers, this is a war the Westerlands will start; and they will be the attackers, hopelessly outnumbered against the rarely united Reach. They may not like the Tyrells, but no Lord in their right mind will defect due to the disadvantage the opposition is at.

I'm sorry, but Dorne is a total non-factor, the moment they leave the safety of the sands, they'll be crushed into dust by thousands upon thousands of mounted knights, and high-morale soldiers.
Except most of them will be fighting the west QQ

Leusis said:
Killing innocent civilians huh? Guess Kuvira really wants a riot to kill her before any siege happens.
Haha you know it. I want to make my reign rememberable. If people are going to hate you at least give them a reason for it!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Archon

The north is only bringing 18,000 soldiers south. If they wanted to siege Golden Tooth to get into the Westerlands they better be prepared to lose 10,000 or more men from their army. And at that point the Westerland will just sweep away the husk of what the Northern army used to be.

Leusis said:
@Archon
The north is only bringing 18,000 soldiers south. If they wanted to siege Golden Tooth to get into the Westerlands they better be prepared to lose 10,000 or more men from their army. And at that point the Westerland will just sweep away the husk of what the Northern army used to be.
How so? The Westerlands needs to commit to the Reach, does it not? 18,000 men, is a fair deal more than 10,000 - strong as the Golden Tooth is, it'd probably fall with around 9,000 Northmen still around, I wouldn't be surprised if reinforcements arrived from the Riverlands too.

But I digress,, the North may not get involved at all, and I still don't see a plausible way for Tiber to win this, I don't even see what he'd gin from winning it; because by the end there'd be no such thing as a Westerlands army. It just seems lie a very out-of-character move for someone based off of Tywin.

Wait kuvira still doesn't know that Aera is dead. Well I guess that's where I'll based my post on. So I should get working on it then.

Archon said:
That's great!

I'm going to assume you're talking about the Reach versus Westerland war. I was talking about Tadhg vs Golden Tooth garrison. He has little to no chance at taking that position with 15000 vs 10000 defenders. Basic fortification requires a 3:1 force ratio. Unless those 15000 are all trained heavy infantry in siege warfare and those 10000 are outwitted or does something stupid, there's very little chance Tadhg would be able to take a stronghold like Golden Tooth. No dispute about about your points with the Reach versus Westerland war though.

Archon said:
How so? The Westerlands needs to commit to the Reach, does it not? 18,000 men, is a fair deal more than 10,000 - strong as the Golden Tooth is, it'd probably fall with around 9,000 Northmen still around, I wouldn't be surprised if reinforcements arrived from the Riverlands too.
But I digress,, the North may not get involved at all, and I still don't see a plausible way for Tiber to win this, I don't even see what he'd gin from winning it; because by the end there'd be no such thing as a Westerlands army. It just seems lie a very out-of-character move for someone based off of Tywin.
Are you serious? I can't take you seriously if you're going to suggest that Golden Tooth with 10000 strong would fall to 9000 Northmen. They're from the North, not giants. Also no reinforcements from the Riverlands. House Tullys' related to House Lannister by the Brackens after the wedding, they're honor bound not to attack the West unless the West incurred upon them, which they haven't.

Westerlands is only sending 40,000 off to war with whoever the fuck they decide to fight. They are leaving like 24,200 behind to defend due to the fact they've hired like 9,200 mercenaries. They'd be able to defend against the entirety of the Northern army and utterly crush them unless the Riverlands gave them like 10,000 men. Men they likely don't want to send to the Westerlands because the Vale will screw the Riverlands if they do.

Yeah, its more of a discussion really but it might look like a fight from an outside perspective. This happens a lot.

WanderingJester said:
I'm going to assume you're talking about the Reach versus Westerland war. I was talking about Tadhg vs Golden Tooth garrison. He has little to no chance at taking that position with 15000 vs 10000 defenders. Basic fortification requires a 3:1 force ratio. Unless those 15000 are all trained heavy infantry in siege warfare and those 10000 are outwitted or does something stupid, there's very little chance Tadhg would be able to take a stronghold like Golden Tooth. No dispute about about your points with the Reach versus Westerland war though.
Are you serious? I can't take you seriously if you're going to suggest that Golden Tooth with 10000 strong would fall to 9000 Northmen. They're from the North, not giants. Also no reinforcements from the Riverlands. House Tullys' related to House Lannister by the Brackens after the wedding, they're honor bound not to attack the West unless the West incurred upon them, which they haven't.
No, I said it would fall with maybe 9,000 Northmen left from taking the fort, this is 18,000 vs 10,000, correct?

The Golden tooth is only a small castle, I don't see why a siege engines wouldn't be effective.

[QUOTE="Robyn Banks]Damn it looking forward to brother,sister time. With an execution of course.

[/QUOTE]
Bring it on, sister. The commoners support me. Their beggar King. Come to me in the Dragon Pit and all the people of this great city will get to watch the dragons dance.

It is a small but strong castle according to A Wiki of Ice and Fire. Just because a castle is small doesn't mean its not a very strong defensive position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back