• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

SirDerpingtonIV said:
CORBIS is a full-blooded Targaryen.
Yeah but I wouldn't think he has the same mother as the other three supposedly have, In my mind Mearyn had one of those fake marriage ceremonies with a whore that was Corbis' mother save the fact that it turns out the whole thing was real and he was technically married making Corbis legitimate, it would explain why he is being ignored as a candidate for the throne.

Hypnos said:
Yeah but I wouldn't think he has the same mother as the other three supposedly have, In my mind Mearyn had one of those fake marriage ceremonies with a whore that was Corbis' mother save the fact that it turns out the whole thing was real and he was technically married making Corbis legitimate, it would explain why he is being ignored as a candidate for the throne.
CORBIS is legitimate, a child of Maeryn's actual wife, making him Daenna's brother. It has already been explained why he is ignored as a candidate for the throne, because he is crazier than Maeryn was, and deemed by Maeryn and the small council, to be unfit for the throne, leading to him being disinherited.

I do not see why you cannot accept the fact that Targaryens are mentally unstable by nature. Most of them come from incedt after all.

SirDerpingtonIV said:
CORBIS is legitimate, a child of Maeryn's actual wife, making him Daenna's brother. It has already been explained why he is ignored as a candidate for the throne, because he is crazier than Maeryn was, and deemed by Maeryn and the small council, to be unfit for the throne, leading to him being disinherited.
I do not see why you cannot accept the fact that Targaryens are mentally unstable by nature. Most of them come from incedt after all.
Ok, I'm not going to argue his parentage with you, I'm just saying that it is of=dd that they would just pass over a possible heir like this who was born a full blown Targaryen, realistically there would have had to be more than a few people deciding "Nah I don't like him" and there would have been an entire grand council regarding the affair, especially since the next in line was a woman and there has never been a Targaryen Queen where Rory and Breaden likely would have been put up, along with the Martells for their sliver of Dornish blood, putting aside an heir is not as simple as saying so, especially is you're as unpopular as Mearyn and you should learn from King Viserys I that putting your daughter over your son doesn't work out as you'd hope. There's also the issue with Corbis being allowed free reign in the city which wouldn't happen and he should be all rights have been executed by now not only for his crimes but for the threat he poses Kuvira and it wouldn't be hard to find him considering his blood. There have been Kings in the past that people knew would be bad but a strong claim is often all that is needed to gain the throne, disinheriting is nigh impossible.

I don't like the whole coin flip approach to Targaryens and people tend to take it too seriously, "Targaryen madness" isn't a thing and all of the Targs people claim were mad all show signs of mental disabilities aye, but in different ways (Aerys was paranoid, Maegor was cruel, Baelor was obsessive and Aerion was arrogant) and just saying "So and so was mad" isn't really fair and is honestly cheapens he whole thing and is often used as an excuse to do whatever you want, because you don't need to reason with madness, they're just mad. Targaryens often have defects that is true but if you think about all the stress they go through that is to be expected, inbreeding could be a cause but inbreeding is also supposed to lead to a lack of fertility and since the Targs have never suffered from that they've got off pretty lightly.

Hypnos said:
Ok, I'm not going to argue his parentage with you, I'm just saying that it is of=dd that they would just pass over a possible heir like this who was born a full blown Targaryen, realistically there would have had to be more than a few people deciding "Nah I don't like him" and there would have been an entire grand council regarding the affair, especially since the next in line was a woman and there has never been a Targaryen Queen where Rory and Breaden likely would have been put up, along with the Martells for their sliver of Dornish blood, putting aside an heir is not as simple as saying so, especially is you're as unpopular as Mearyn and you should learn from King Viserys I that putting your daughter over your son doesn't work out as you'd hope. There's also the issue with Corbis being allowed free reign in the city which wouldn't happen and he should be all rights have been executed by now not only for his crimes but for the threat he poses Kuvira and it wouldn't be hard to find him considering his blood. There have been Kings in the past that people knew would be bad but a strong claim is often all that is needed to gain the throne, disinheriting is nigh impossible.
I don't like the whole coin flip approach to Targaryens and people tend to take it too seriously, "Targaryen madness" isn't a thing and all of the Targs people claim were mad all show signs of mental disabilities aye, but in different ways (Aerys was paranoid, Maegor was cruel, Baelor was obsessive and Aerion was arrogant) and just saying "So and so was mad" isn't really fair and is honestly cheapens he whole thing and is often used as an excuse to do whatever you want, because you don't need to reason with madness, they're just mad. Targaryens often have defects that is true but if you think about all the stress they go through that is to be expected, inbreeding could be a cause but inbreeding is also supposed to lead to a lack of fertility and since the Targs have never suffered from that they've got off pretty lightly.
There is no "Grand council". That is what the Small Council is for.

And considering Maeryn can murder major lords over jokes I'd say he can do whatever the fuck with his children he wanted to.

SirDerpingtonIV said:
There is no "Grand council". That is what the Small Council is for.
No but there is a Great Council which is called upon whenever succesion is under question, I doubt the Lords of the Realm would like having the tradition stripped from them very much, especially since last time there wasn't a grand council the Dance of Dragons happened. If you want to know what happened to the last man who wanted to honour a dead kings wishes and disown his son ask Lord Lyman Beesbury.

SirDerpingtonIV said:
And considering Maeryn can murder major lords over jokes I'd say he can do whatever the fuck with his children he wanted to.
He can't... Thats what this whole war thing is about... Actions have consequences and Mearyn would have been called upon this long before, he was the mad king for goodness sake, he would have just murdered Corbis and been done.

Fezzes said:
Will Thornebowl be the new, slightly downgraded Cleganebowl?
The poor man's Clegane Bowl.

Hypnos said:
Oh I know, she probably won't win but at the same time she's also not going to die, I think Jester plans to NPC a few other possible applicants for the throne and I might take up someone temporarily like with the shields to make it seem more lively and give some others a fighting chance, just because you're the only PC doesn't mean you'll nesciscarily win and you need to remember that all characters don't get special powers when they're played NPCs get equal opportunity.
Velaryon's going to send a guy or two to check things out and scout for possible allies for Kuvira or other claimants depending on what mood he's in, the Tullys are going to try and curry favour with the Reach (Hightowers) as well but Lord Tyrell won't be in attendance.
Also, if and when Nagito dies, prepared to have a slightly less insane than Conn, but infinitely more ingenius Greyjoy return from his travels to turn the Iron Islands upside down :P .

SirDerpingtonIV said:
Some straight Oedipus shit right there for Corbis. Since he's already mad, I like it.

You on im kind of curious about who Tai Long and his pirate crew were torturing and killing over there

Last edited by a moderator:
WanderingJester said:
The poor man's Clegane Bowl.
Also, if and when Nagito dies, prepared to have a slightly less insane than Conn, but infinitely more ingenius Greyjoy return from his travels to turn the Iron Islands upside down :P .

Some straight Oedipus shit right there for Corbis. Since he's already mad, I like it.
GREYJOY BOWL. HAELGA VS INGENIOUS ONE VS BITCH BOI CONN

Oh! Uhm, is the wedding still on? Or did the Cleganes got a message sending them to take care of inssurections in outlaying villages?

AnnoDomini said:
Oh! Uhm, is the wedding still on? Or did the Cleganes got a message sending them to take care of inssurections in outlaying villages?
Yes, the wedding's still on. What message are you talking about? O.o

Akio said:
Weddings still on, start of the wedding is supposed to start today
Storyline. Not the actual wedding (though I mean it can start today depending on how fast people post...)

I thought we did reach the conclusion, a long time ago, that Corbis was this generations Aerion Brightflame? He was called mad by even his own uncle back in the Hedge Knight, before he went into exile. His own children were disinherited out of fear of Aerion's madness, too.

And I just got some free-ish time. I'll try to reply early today, but I do have work to do, and I need to run out in the near future.

Lancelot said:
I am afraid that would be a rather short bout.
Of Nagitos victory xD

You know I honestly wonder in ancient Centurion plans to let us talk are way out without violence or this is all us just delaying for the battle of Pentos

Wow, seeing House Velaryon's reaction to the Rosby raid will be fun. @Hypnos Wonder how Baelor will react to pirates invading the Lord of Tide's turf.

WanderingJester said:
Storyline. Not the actual wedding (though I mean it can start today depending on how fast people post...)
Please no. I haven't done anything with Gelgin and Trevir in a while, and I really need to rectify not having an actual heir sometime before 2017. But all these things take me remembering to do them, plus having the will to motivate myself to do them. And I have an awful memory, and am the laziest person I know.

Fezzes said:
Please no. I haven't done anything with Gelgin and Trevir in a while, and I really need to rectify not having an actual heir sometime before 2017. But all these things take me remembering to do them, plus having the will to motivate myself to do them. And I have an awful memory, and am the laziest person I know.
Wait, what? No what? Sorry but I don't follow lol.

WanderingJester said:
Wow, seeing House Velaryon's reaction to the Rosby raid will be fun. @Hypnos Wonder how Baelor will react to pirates invading the Lord of Tide's turf.
Lord Rosby can go fuck himself, as long as the pirates stay clear of Baelors investments then everything should be fine. If anything his top pririty would be getting those guys on payroll so he can tell themwhere they can raid.

Hypnos said:
Lord Rosby can go fuck himself, as long as the pirates stay clear of Baelors investments then everything should be fine. If anything his top pririty would be getting those guys on payroll so he can tell themwhere they can raid.
Hmm... didn't realize there was such animosity between House Rosby and House Velaryon. Good to know, I mean not really useful considering Rosby being irrelevant at this point, but good to know none the less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back