• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings °✧a sky full of paper stars | fantasy/dark fantasy/modern platonic rps ✧° (always open)

spookie

give 'em hell, kid.
°✧ a sky full of paper stars✧°
.and what a beautiful illusion we are.

—✧ about me ✧—
hai. my username on this site is spookie, but i'm usually just known as spook or even ash. i'm a lazy teenage artist who dresses emo to the max and is literally addicted to both energy drinks and the sims. oh, and my closest irl friend is my cat. no, really.

with that out of the way, let's move on to some more things you probably want to know about me... you stalker.

❧i have a habit of typing in lowercase ooc, but i promise that does not translate to my actual roleplay posts.

❧i'm normally a group roleplayer, and this is my first attempt at finding partners for a 1x1 outside of personal friends. rest assured that i'm familiar with the site and roleplay in general, i won't be asking hundreds of questions or spamming you with one-liners.

❧i'm what's often called a 'literate' roleplayer, so 2+ (i average about 4 to 6 but can easily write more than that) paragraphs per post is much preferred, but i'll generally match whatever you write and i know these things fluctuate depending on the scene. absolutely no one-liners, though. that's not my style.

❧my reply time will vary, sometimes dramatically... but once every few days should easily be doable, and sometimes i might even reply more than once a day... though admittedly that may be more rare.

❧that said, i have a dear friend called anxiety who loves to make anything social rather difficult, so do be patient with me.

❧i prefer to chat ooc so i know you don't secretly hate me... see above for why. that doesn't mean we need to discuss our life stories or really much of anything to do with irl, but it's a lot more fun to hype ourselves up with plot and character related stuff imo.

❧i'm an artist and there's a chance i might draw rough sketches of scenes or just little joke pics of our characters, but only if you're comfortable with that. no promises here though, as i don't always have the time for it.

❧i'm not too fussy about faceclaims, though i usually use drawn ones for fantasy as finding realistic ones that don't look like awkward larpers can be difficult. you can use what you like (or just description, though make it vivid if you opt for that) so long as it fits the setting and isn't a selfie or something awkward like that.

❧character sheets are important to me. they don't have to be extremely detailed by any means, but i'm not someone who's super into surprises or discovering everything ic... my character can go through all that even if i have an idea of who you're playing.

❧90% of the time i play male characters, ranging in age from mid teens to early twenties unless they're a fantasy creature that ages differently. it's generally what i prefer, though i'm not against playing as a female either if i think it would better fit the plot. that being said, all my currently existing rp characters are male. i have no preference when it comes to the gender of your character, play whatever you enjoy, it's cool with me.

❧i generally like to play multiple characters, sometimes even a whole cast... it really depends on the plot. you don't have to go quite as far as me, but if i'm playing multiples and npcs, you should have a few as well to make it fair.

❧dark fantasy is my thing, but i can 100% go for light-hearted adventure too. i truly enjoy tragic themes and they're incorporated into a lot of my characters, so just a head's up. however, all doom and gloom all the time is extremely boring, so even my darkest plots will have some genuinely bright moments. that said, i would seriously love to try writing some stories without happy endings... bring on the heroic sacrifice or villain victory!

❧and most importantly, because i know this will be a huge turn-off for many — i don't roleplay romance. shocking, yes. i'm here for those platonic relationships, deep familial bonds, a bitter rivalry that slowly turns to friendship... all the good stuff really. if shipping or mushy scenes are a must, you're gonna wanna hit that back button right now. the chances of me writing romance are extremely low... i'm aro/ace irl and it holds no appeal to me.

—✧ rules ✧—

❧i don't care if you're ten or a hundred years old so long as you can write well and are comfortable with dark and/or tragic themes. while i likely won't have much in common with anyone past their early twenties, i'm also just as comfortable writing with them as people my own age.

❧as someone with anxiety, i'm ghost friendly. it isn't something i like, but if i message you about a dropped rp and you don't relply, i won't pester you or insist on a specific reason. while i don't generally ditch, i would hope the same courtesy applies to me.

❧i'd prefer to stay onsite for all of this. nothing against discord, but keeping all my roleplays here where i'm not bombarded with group rp ooc stuff will make staying up to date with them far easier.

❧while i'd prefer to rp via pm, i'm not against using threads if that's important to you.

❧i only do original roleplays. fandom settings don't appeal to me and i'm not really in any tbh.

❧please don't spam me if i haven't replied for a bit. bumping after a few days is fine, but i do have a life outside rp.

❧i don't mind having more than one roleplay based off a single plot... though if 3+ people have already asked about it, i'm probably less likely to want to do that one.

❧once again, i don't roleplay romance. bugging me to do so won't make it any more likely.

❧the role i want to play will be bolded. if neither are, that means i'm open to whichever.

❧not really a rule, but... don't see a plot you love? let's come up with one ourselves. send me a pm about it, who knows what might happen.

—✧ plots & ideas – sorted by theme for your convenience ✧—

.morning's softness.
—lighter plots that may feature sad or dark elements but aren't tragic in nature and will likely end on a happy or bittersweet note—

worst friends forever; fantasy or futuristic.
two characters who are simultaneously rivals and close friends going on (mis)adventures together and arguing the whole time because they don't care about each other, thank you very much, except when they think the other might truly be in danger... maybe they've worked as a team for years, sharing both snark and stolen prizes as they evade the law and dream of getting rich enough to not need the other (even though they totally still would). or perhaps they parted ways some time ago, but must grudgingly work together again for something important like a dangerous quest or stealing a priceless artifact. either way, things are going to get crazy... (honestly, this idea can go anywhere it's so versatile. i have a couple of characters who would work perfectly here depending on the type you'd like to play, though i envision both parts of this pair as fairly rogueish and sly. then again, perhaps one has tried to redeem themselves and the other relishes in being bad? the possibilities are pretty much endless. this is vague enough it should fit most types of fantasy... from classic to steampunk-esque, or even futuristic)

ocean blues; v1: fantasy.
while he appears spoiled and snobbish on the surface due to being a prince, character a isn't nearly as lucky as he seems. despised by his father the king due to being born with an extinct power deemed 'evil', he is constantly blamed for causing his mother's death. he's also just not a nice person in general, and despite his status, he's hated by pretty much everyone. character b is an infamous pirate captain who's considered a menace to all but their band of misfit crewmates. having lost a ship, their fortune in treasure and even some of their members to an attack launched by the king, character b and their followers decide to steal his 'beloved' son as payback and trade the kid to a fallen sorceress willing to pay anything for one with his powers to complete her ritual. afraid of water deeper than a bathtub and surrounded by pirates in desperate need of that aforementioned bath, it's no surprise that character a tried to fling himself overboard. he hates them all, and the feeling is mutual. after a week or two at sea however, a freak storm damages the ship and leaves everyone trapped on a very creepy island until they can repair it. forced to work together despite their many differences, will the prince and the pirates eventually see each other in a different light? (ah yes, based off a wonderful 1x1 rp i was in years ago. enemies to friends is so fun, i'm down for pretty much any plot involving it... especially when the characters are so different. while i have a character already for the prince role who i'd love to torment with this, i might consider playing the pirate one too... in which case you could change the details for the prince part, any spoiled rich character would fit. this could also be done with airships and floating islands if you prefer that steampunk feel, or we can just stick to the classics.)

ocean blues; v2: fantasy.
a lot like the above plot, except instead of being a prince that gets kidnapped, character a is a sickly rich boy who grew up indoors, with his only form of escape from total boredom being the grand tales of pirate adventures he often read. because of this, he naively decides to stow away on the ship of character b, an infamous pirate who isn't quite as cruel as the rumors make them out to be. while they and their crew are greatly annoyed by this slightly spoiled boy and his complete uselessness, throwing him overboard just seems too cruel as he really is harmless, if rather weak. returning him isn't an option either, as his parents have put a massive bounty on the evil pirates who 'kidnapped' their son... yeah. (lots that can be done with this past the beginning that's written out here, many possible adventures await! again, while i'd generally prefer the role of character a, i'm not at all against being the pirate either if you have an interesting character to play against.)

escape from fantasy jail; fantasy or mayyybe futuristic.
exactly what it says on the tin. two (or a small group of) unlikely characters stuck in a huge fantasy prison must team up and craft the perfect escape, all while keeping it hidden from the guards/enemy prisoners and not killing each other in the process. (again, hugely variable. i have a bunch of different characters that could work in this setting depending on what type you want to play and the general theme we're going for, but i definitely see this as fairly light-hearted and goofy with a dark tinge. nothing super grim or serious, despite the whole jail thing. while i'm more in the mood for fantasy atm, i'd also consider doing a sci-fi version of this set in a space prison of some kind.)

my demon has teenage angst?; fantasy or modern.
fed up with bullying/parental mistreatment/whatever, character a decides to summon a demon and seek the ultimate revenge. after weeks of tireless study and preparation, the time has come and the summoning circle has been arranged and re-arranged until absolutely perfect. they soon begin the ritual, not really expecting anything but too pissed off at (life problem) to really care, and much to their surprise, it... worked? sort of? not only did they summon character b, a demon, but he's also the prince of hell himself! possessing eldritch-level powers and a terrifying aura to match, it seems character a's troubles are over... except this demon is a regular angsty teenager, and he cares more about escaping the control of his literal devil of a father and exploring the world above than doing demon prince things. not to mention, he's both super naive about how life works in reality and finds humans downright fascinating. oh, and the angels soon discover he's escaped and are determined to destroy him while he's in a mortal form that can be harmed... oops? (if the little mermaid was a platonic story about two messed-up kids (one who just happens to be a demon prince), this is what you'd get. character a will have their hands full trying to teach their demon the basics of human culture to keep him from being caught by the angels, all as they're on the run from... well, pretty much everyone after a while. i imagine this rp to be fairly comedic in nature, with the unlikely friendship between the two growing stronger throughout the complete and utter chaos they stir up. there's honestly so much that could be done with this... like, run all around the world? sure. stay in the suburbs and terrify everyone? totally. the two end up back in hell somehow so the situation can be reversed? cool. though i had a modern setting in mind, i'm also 100% down to use this in a fantasy setting as well with a tweak or two.)

out of this world; modern.
two misfit teenagers move out into middle of nowhere, desert edition to escape their difficult home situations when character a inherits the bizarre and decrepit 'alien museum' once run by their kind but very eccentric uncle, who has since vanished without a trace. the so-called 'museum' is just a super tacky and low-budget tourist attraction that's seen far better days, and both a and b have no idea how to fix it up enough to actually earn a livable income. that soon becomes the least of their worries however, as the locals are more than a little strange and the writings in the basement left behind by character a's uncle suggests he was a part of something much bigger and may even still be alive... (inspired by a sims 4 game of all things, but with my own twist of course. it's got mystery, a daring rescue mission, evil government agents hiding a terrible secret and maybe even an adorable and friendly alien sidekick just waiting to be discovered. there's a lot that can be added and changed too, so don't be shy if you have something in mind. i imagine this being like a cheesy old teen movie... not much logic, but a lot of heart and a meaningful friendship made stronger through shared adventures.)

.evening's hush.
—plots with heavier elements that have the potential for either a happy/bittersweet ending or a tragic one... we can discuss a desired outcome before starting or just see how things evolve during the rp—

circus beyond time; fantasy or modern.
they say the veil between life and death is very thin... so what happens if a lost soul becomes trapped there? character a is severely injured and left in a coma, their odds of survival low. obviously, those around them are hoping for a miracle. while hovering dreamlessly between the two worlds, they are lured into a strange and fantastical circus run by character b, a seemingly vivacious boy dressed in oddly outdated clothes. he possesses amazing powers and is swift to befriend them, always making a point to keep them amazed and awestruck. every day, he puts on elaborate shows with the strange creatures within or takes his new companion for rides all through the wondrous amusement park, which doesn't always seem to follow the laws of physics. character a knows that something is wrong here, but they can't quite put their finger on what. the more they try to ask the boy about where they are or how to get home, the more frantically he tries to keep them there... (if you haven't guessed by now, character b is the lost soul of a boy that died in the same hospital/infirmary character a currently resides in, at least a hundred years ago. he wasn't ready to accept his death and has instead created the circus of his dreams between worlds, and though it's full of everything he could want including 'living' puppet creatures, the one thing missing is a real friend with thoughts of their own. this could end in a few ways, maybe character a chooses to stay with him and die for real, or maybe their friendship allows the boy to finally move on and they wake up again... lots that could be done with this. the irl setting could be modern or fantasy, idrc. while i'd strongly prefer to play character b, it might be possible to get me to play character a instead if you can impress me with fun ideas.)

until the bitter end; fantasy.
the once-heroic (at least on paper) character a, who was killed after doing something that caused them to be considered a traitor or straight-up villain is restored to life for exactly one month (or six months or some other time limit) during the next great war/apocalypse/whatever for a second chance at setting things right. they're bitter and more jaded than ever, but carry a heart heavy with their past deeds and are determined to step up to the plate this time and do the right thing while they have the chance, even if they must conceal both their true identity and considerable personal flaws to do so. character b can be whatever you want, anything from their heroic companion from the original mission who recognizes them almost immediately, to a distant descendant of said hero or even someone completely unrelated. (based off the plot of a friend's book only without the romance, and yes i have her complete permission to use this. i've left it fairly vague on purpose, so we have plenty of ways to potentially fill it in.)

forest of secrets; fantasy.
whether lost, hired by a wealthy figure to find something/someone or just particularly adventurous, character a dared to venture within 'the forest'... a mysterious woodland said to go on forever once a person is foolish enough to enter. supposedly, it's filled with all sorts of eerie anomalies and creatures too. wonderful. after a few days of wandering, character a ends up badly injured somehow, only to wake up and find themselves being cared for by the equally mysterious character b... (this can take one of two directions... either the creepy stuff is almost all rumors and character b is simply a lost adventurer turned hermit, or the place truly is hauntingly surreal and b is something far stranger. i'm good with playing either role, though if we go the surreal route and i'm playing b, i'd love to merge it with the 'memento mori' plot i have down at the bottom of this list.)

a cage of sharpened wire; fantasy.
to become a member of the elite monster hunters who work for (insert royal or ridiculously rich leader here) and prove themselves worthy of formally training under the very best they have to offer, young characters possessing powers of some sort must first survive thirteen days and thirteen nights in a large enclosed area filled with the very creatures that threaten mankind. few realize just how unlikely it is for them to make it through this barbaric initiation test, and many naive teenagers with little combat experience are drawn in by the promise of achieving great wealth or glory and fame. they're only given a few days to practice basic training with one of the legendary hunters before being thrown in with monsters and dozens of others like themselves, so they'd better hope they get a mentor who cares. while directly killing another human is forbidden, that doesn't mean there aren't other methods employed by those desperate enough to do whatever it takes to survive... (this is inspired by a group rp i was in on discord which was extremely fun. it's a bit similar to a hunger games type setting, except the goal is just to survive/hunt monsters rather than actively kill any human opponents. we could focus on just two characters or play multiples, i'm open to either idea. character backstories, powers, what relationship they have or may form and all that can also be discussed. this could turn into anything from an inspiring roleplay about friends beating the odds and then confronting a leader together in hopes of changing their world, to a very tragic tale indeed... variety is fun. i'd appreciate if you could give me an idea of the feel you'd like if interested in this idea, but it's all pretty flexible.)

anything for you; v1: fantasy.
character a, either a healer or healer's apprentice, is gifted with medicine as well as a very kind heart and has somehow never lost a patient. character b suffers from some tragic illness (what it is can be decided, some basic fantasy disease probably) and goes to them regularly for treatments, though of course there is no cure and it's simply a way of buying more time. the two get along very well and soon become friends, spending time together outside of treatment. character b takes a turn for the worst however, and all seems to be lost... until a mysterious stranger passing through their little town mentions that a plant capable of curing (fantasy disease) can be found on the top of a faraway mountain just barely visible from where the two live. with no time to lose or to waste on finding the plant and bringing it back, the pair set off in hopes making it there before (fantasy disease) progresses past its curable point. traveling together through so many unknown places strengthens their friendship considerably, but will it be enough? (this can end on a happy note with the medicine being found and actually working, or we can go for tragedy instead and have the entire medicine thing turn out to be a rumor... or we can just start the rp and see where it goes. either ending works fine for me.)

anything for you; v2: fantasy.
like in the above concept, character a is a healer renowned for never having lost a patient and character b is sick with some sort of incurable illness. instead of them both hailing from a small town and becoming friends however, in this version a has been summoned by either the king or the leader of the great temple due to their reputation of being able to work miracles, and they are to set off with b and their guards/staff on a quest for the legendary cure which resides on a faraway mountain that's barely visible from the highest tower of the castle/temple. why all the fuss? character b is either the crown prince and only surviving child of the king or they're the chosen one and the leaders of the temple believe having them die before they can fulfill some sort of prophecy will spell certain doom. (again this can end on a happier note or on a tragic one. i have two characters for this, the prince who's cold-hearted but not as spoiled as he seems, and the chosen one who's more than a little odd but in an endearing sort of way. if you're interested, i can definitely provide more details on either character.)

.midnight's stillness.
—dark plots that probably have tear-jerker endings... though expect heartfelt and even happy moments within as well, all darkness all the time is boring—

as endless as the ocean itself; fantasy.
character a is a pirate of some sort... whether they're a successful one or not is entirely up to you, but they've always felt extremely drawn to the lifestyle and often wonder if one of the parents they can't remember at all might have been one. like all dwellers of the sea, they're deeply familiar with the haunting tale of the black pearl, an infamous ghost ship captained by character b, the cruelest man to ever sail the seven seas... rather than seeking treasure, he relentlessly hunts and kills every great pirate captain he encounters without question. legend has it that he was cursed with eternal undeath (however old your character is) years ago for some terrible betrayal, and these acts of slaughter are motivated by the intense envy he feels towards the living. for one reason or another, your character ends up adrift at sea with only a piece of wreckage to cling to, and though they don't want to give up, their prospects are looking grim. that is, until they're pulled aboard a mysterious dark ship... one that bears a horrifyingly uncanny resemblance to the black pearl. brought before the infamous captain, they are certain that all hope is lost, yet everything is not as it seems. the figure before them is more a boy than a man, retaining a youthfulness to his face despite the pallor of death that tints it. his eyes are cold and distant, yet also the saddest things character a has ever seen. though having killed hundreds without mercy, b sees something different in the unfortunate person before them... something that almost seems to spark emotions, perhaps even their memory... (one last pirate idea cuz they seem super popular right now and are great fun too. character b was a young pirate serving his older brother, a wicked captain hell-bent on finding the blood of some mythical family to break the curse on an ancient treasure so priceless he'd become as powerful as any royalty if he could use it without activating its dark magic. after years of searching, the descendants of said family were located... a mother and father as well as their baby, character a. even after attempting to use the blood of the parents, the curse remained and it seemed only sacrificing the infant could break it. already having been ordered to fatally wound the mother and father, character b stubbornly refused to kill again, still young and not yet fully tainted by the life of violence that surrounded him. instead, he ran off with the baby and hid it somewhere safe, before returning to face his brother's crew knowing he would certainly be executed for such an act of disloyalty. death was deemed too kind a punishment however, and instead his brother took a piece of the cursed treasure and fastened it into a necklace, binding the horror of eternal undeath to his kid sibling. the only way to remove the curse from himself aside from using blood was to kill his older brother, but he ensured that most of character b's memories were destroyed so as to make that extremely difficult. now remembering only that killing a certain pirate captain will break his curse of undeath, the tragic boy has spent years doing just that. will character a be able to reawaken his long-lost memories, and even his forgotten humanity?)

shadowed past, bright future; fantasy or mayyybe modern.
in a world that's been overtaken by horrible monstrosities for hundreds of years, few humans remain and fewer still hold onto the magic of the old days they need to stand up and fight these creatures. character a is one of them however, an extremely gifted user of (element) who swiftly makes their way up through the ranks of the small monster-hunting faction in their village. they're so good, in fact, that the leader chooses to pair them up with the only other individual with comparable control over his own element... the frigid character b, who possesses a heart as dark as the shadow element he wields. having lost everything as a child to the monsters beyond the walls, he lives only for revenge and the thrill of the hunt. while loyal to allies in battle, no one has ever gotten close to him, and no one wants to... it seems he hates them. or at least, that's what he wants them to believe. character b carries a terrible secret, and knowing all too well what it feels like to lose someone important to death, doesn't wish to put anyone else through that kind of pain. not to mention, he refuses to show weakness. like, ever. of course, that soon becomes considerably more difficult with the lively character a around him all the time, a person who doesn't seem to take any hints and instead relies on him to fully unlock their potential of becoming the savior mankind truly needs. (ah yes, the 'jaded anti-hero that's secretly dying and acts like he hates everyone must help teach the most gifted character to come out of their little village, the one who also ends up discovering his secret and breaking right through his tough shell' story. some high quality angst here, but angst that can still end on a bittersweet high note with character a succeeding at the dream character b never got a chance to finish. i imagine this as more classic fantasy, but i would also be fine changing a few details to set it in an urban fantasy world instead.

and we all fall down; fantasy.
there is a famous tale of a band of heroes who gave everything to save their beloved world, the very one we reside upon thanks to their sacrifice. it's told by old men and women in every pub and inn, while children all take turns playing out the tragic fates of these famous figures on stages and in farmer's fields alike. but, what is the true story behind this legend..? (basically, we'd play as the ill-fated heroes, whether focusing on two or playing an entire cast. i left the details vague so we can come up with them together, tbh this is just a very rough idea and can barely be called a plot at all, rip.)

until the day i die; modern.
two best friends going on a special, summer-long road trip across the county that was arranged rather suddenly by character a. it's a wonderful chance for them both to just be young, wild and free... and unknown to character b, it's very likely their friend's only chance at experiencing most of these things. diagnosed with a terminal illness, a decides to make the most of whatever time they have left and spend it with their favorite person rather than in a hospital attempting treatment after treatment with low chances of ever being cured. so long as they can keep their secrets concealed long enough, it's sure to be the adventure of a lifetime for both besties. (this is the exact plot of a group rp i made last year that never took off, but i like it enough that i wouldn't mind trying it as a 1x1 instead. obviously, it'll be extremely bittersweet.)

memento mori; fantasy or post-apocalyptic
character a is a (whatever you want honestly, i imagine something rogue-ish but it's up to you entirely) who happens to witness the unthinkable... the long-buried character b, digging himself out of his own grave and looking about as alive as anyone else aside from the dirt and torn burial shroud he's clothed in. while physically fine aside from being colder to the touch than an average human, it appears this strange boy has lost his memory entirely and doesn't possess normal emotions either. he isn't evil however, just extremely odd in a creepy, yet strangely endearing sort of way. what happens after this is undecided, though obviously our characters must stick together for some reason so we can actually rp. (in all honesty this is just my attempt at having another chance to rp a character i was hyped for, as the roleplay he was from died before i really got the chance. we can do a lot with this, from having him be the assistant of your assassin or thief character to something more wholesome to a post-apocalyptic world where the dead are rising and he's the only one who didn't come back a mindless zombie. really, the possibilities and potential settings are pretty varied with this concept so long as they're vaguely fantasy. this would combine well with the surreal version of the 'forest of secrets' plot up higher in the list, too.)

that's it for now, please be kind since it's my first time trying a 1x1 search and if you see something you like, pm me or post down below!

you have NO IDEA how excited i was to see that you don't rp romance! i don't either!!!!! anymeme, i'd personally love to discuss rp. you have a lot of themes that i like seeing in rps, but i'm not sure if these exact plots call to me. i do however have ideas so hmu! also, for your first 1X1 interest check, this looks amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back