• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom a renewed search!

mountaingoat

mushi-shi
Hi! I'm mountaingoat. I'm 25 years old from the US and work in the construction industry. I have roleplayed since I was a kid, but have not written much in the last few years. I miss roleplay, and plotting, and making writer friends, so please PM me if you're interested in hashing something out. I go by any pronouns, LGBTQ+ friendly. I'll write anywhere including threads and prefer to plot/chat over Discord.

I don't have the time or energy for novella-length responses. I like a back-and-forth that flows well and would prefer someone who will accept replies that are as long as they need to be--that can mean many paragraphs, two or three, or one or two short paragraphs. I will aim to reply to you once a week, and hopefully more (this is easier if posts aren't crazy long). Even if I'm not a novella-writer, I want you to know quality is very important to me and I always aim to deliver. As for you, write as much or as little as your heart desires. Same goes for reply frequency. I know there will be weeks where I can't respond as quickly as I'd like, and I'll be understanding of the same from you.

I do not require romance. I like found family. I like world-building, and friendship. I like angst, tension, despair, and hard-won hope. And humor too, of course. I've never really doubled. I prefer to write "pairings" we are both mutually interested in, instead of doubling up with "my" pairing in exchange for "your" pairing. I generally prefer to play canon characters against canon characters, if we're doing fandom. But please communicate with me what you'd like most! For a lot of these I don’t specify who I want to play against. Let me know who you like, what you want to explore together, and we can go from there.

Fandoms:
Criminal Minds (I'd like to play Reid. I don't mind playing other team members as side characters. Big Team as Family, Recovering From Trauma vibes here. No particular plot in mind yet... maybe we tie it into the reboot show?)

Dragon Age: Inquisition (I'd like to play my Lavellan Inquisitor against a Dorian, either during the game or leading up to DA4... I've read Tevinter Nights and played all the games and DLC. I'd love to play out Dorian and the Inquisitor racing against time to stop you-know-who... While also reckoning with the post-game state of the Inquisition, and Dorian's current political position, and the larger geopolitical situation in Thedas. I'm trying not to be too spoilery here, sorry. Happy to include the rest of the companions. I love them all.)

Stranger Things (I want to play Hopper. I'd love it if someone else out there is interested in playing Joyce? Post-ST4 angst/romance/hurt/comfort/drama/found family deliciousness would be a real treat.)

Marvel (I'm pretty exclusively interested in playing Bruce Banner. If anyone out there likes any friendship/romantic pairings with him... hit me up! We can do alternate timelines, post-Endgame, pre-Blip, post-She Hulk, I'm open.)

Naruto (I'd like to play Kakashi and would love to play against an Iruka, or Yamato, or Asuma & Kurenai, I don't know. I'm interested in a slow-burn plot with a building friendship/maybe romance, where we can explore Konoha politics a bit, jounin and ANBU culture, and reckon with the consequences of them living in a society that pushes its children into becoming child soldiers, and then celebrates it. I'd like to explore a push from a growing minority of civilians and shinobi who would like to change that reality, for a better Konoha. We can also do some fun mission stuff!)

Persona 3! Persona in general!

Digimon especially post-Frontier. I’d like to play Kouji and Takuya adjusting to life after returning to the digital world.

Pokémon always been interested in a grittier retelling of the Colosseum/Gale of Darkness stories. This we could do with OCs or canons from any fandom.

Let me know if you have ideas for any of these fandoms/characters. Open to AU stuff... Also let me know if you're into some other fandoms, I'm sure I'm forgetting some. I could even take some of these characters and put them into, say, some other tropey original worlds/pairings like "detective x detective", "werewolf x human", haha.

Thanks for reading! Please reach out via PM if you're interested.

Last edited:
hi! im very interested in playing joyce for you, if you still have an interest in stranger things

Users who are viewing this thread

Back