• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern π”ž π”ͺπ”¬π”―π”žπ”© 𝔑𝔦𝔩𝔒π”ͺπ”ͺπ”ž { jury duty plot }

ribbitz

who you callin' pinhead?
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

• intro

nothing burns like the cold

snoh aalegra
    vince staples

overview.

Y
    ou are hereby summoned to appear for jury duty at the Circuit Court of Cook County in Chicago.

Maybe this is your first-ever summons. Maybe you've tried to postpone your date already. Maybe you're just near the ripe age of being able to deny your summons. Unfortunately, you couldn't get out of this one.

You arrived at 8 a.m. - unless you were one of the jurors running late that day. Regardless, you made it into the chair. That's right. You, unlucky one, got selected for this trial. After whatever attempts you made during voir dire to get excused from serving, you're stuck. And it turns out to not be just any case.

Tech mogul Alexander Reynolds has been accused of killing his company's co-founder, Devon Archambeau. Unfortunately for you, this is the second jury selected for the trial after the press got too close to the last set of jurors. To prevent this second group of civilians from being corrupted and dismissed, you're going to be sequestered. Just your luck. Now you get to spend who knows how long in a hotel with 11 other randos from the region. Just your luck.

On the night of August 10, 2025, Alexander allegedly took a drunk and rowdy Devon home from a company gathering. The next day, Devon's girlfriend stopped by, planning to take her partner to a local farmer's market, only to find him dead in the kitchen. It looked like a break-in. The patio entry was busted in, glass spewing the entryway. A blood-covered wrench was found at the scene. No fingers, no footprints. But video footage shows Alex leading up to arriving at Devon's household gate. Emails show the two recently came to a head when Devon threatened leaving to launch a solo project. Now he has been charged for first-degree murder and conspiracy. It's up to the prosecution to prove to you that he's guilty. After all, he's innocent until you have been presented reason to believe otherwise.

Unfortunately, many of the witnesses have holes in their tales. Some, even, seem to have their own motives for wanting Devon dead. Did Alex do something they'd all wished for or is he not guilty after all?

What will you decide, juror?

intro

roles

rules

moral dilemma,

the sequestered
twelve

genre

drama, mystery

status

accepting

spots open

11/12

β™‘coded by uxieβ™‘

better-call-saul-your-honour-my-client-is-innocent.gif

and also very interested

live, laugh, love? character applications will be available some time in the morning (eastern time) so that you can prepare/plan/deliver! deadline TBA

ta-da! character sheet apps are up - tentatively due next friday, aug. 9 at 5:30pm ET. lmk if you need an extension past that day/time.
OOC can be found here.

casually bumping after this lovely weekend~

This is interesting - I'm not around this evening but I wanna take a closer look later on

plot twist: new deadline of monday, august 12 at 7p ET!​

Oh I'm interested! I'll fill out a sheet for the parent assuming that's still open! (I saw no one mention it yet)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back