• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings A Hunt for Partners (Plot Ideas, Multiple Settings)

Princess A

Long may I reign.
Hello to you!

This thread is going to serve as home to ideas I’ve got floating around right now (with more to come). If you find yourself interested, feel free to reach out!

A little about me:
  • I’m 20+ years old and not unfamiliar to writing. My style is always third person, with posts ranging between 2 and 6 paragraphs. Post length, of course, shifts depending on my partner and what is happening in the story at the time. However, you’ll rarely find me enjoying a RP with consistent posts shorter than a couple of paragraphs.
  • While I’ve done a range of characters in the past, you’ll find that I already have a character in mind for the each of the ideas listed here. These OCs are all female, but I will often help with various other characters needed for the plot as well.
  • Writing and developing these characters is fun for me and a way to take a break from other things life throws at me. Therefore, when I have the chance to sit down and write, you’ll get a response. This is almost always at least two or three times a week, though usually more often.
  • In other media (television, movies, books, etc.), I enjoy gritty stories. I love a good horror movie or suspense thriller. As an audience member, I want to be shocked, to see the unexpected. Similarly, in writing these stories I enjoy gritty characters. I won’t be scared away by stories which include violence, language, etc. which is appropriate to the setting and scenario. Along with this, I tend to keep far, far away from fluffy, slice of life plots these days.

Plots

Some of the following are old ideas which have been tumbling around in my head for a long time. Others are newer, and I’d love to give them a try. These are just short concepts, but I would be happy to explain further/answer questions about any via PM.

My character will be indicated with BOLD in each.

Setting: Fictional island with questionably true magical properties, the date is up to your choosing

Whether the force that brings him to the island be war, a search for riches, or something different entirely, a man washes up on shore after surviving a terrible shipwreck. The only problem is that the simple fact that he is a male makes him the enemy in the eyes of the native people who might be able to help him.

Raised in a matriarchal society with a past painted red with blood, a young huntress could be tempted to defy prophecy in order to see a man where her people have been taught to see a monster.

Setting: Earth/Fictional planet, modern day

Somewhere amongst the galaxies, an alien empire has been gaining power for centuries. It is constantly at war, conquering new planets and adopting the native species of those planets into its society—often times, against their will. Now, this great empire sets its eyes on Earth.

Once the takeover begins, humans who do not die trying to resist will be sorted as they are most useful. Many will be forced into military service with a promise to be able to earn their citizenship in this new empire. Others will be spared in order to work collecting and constructing resources, such as food and military munitions. While this indentured servitude is not a death sentence, it will be far from ideal living conditions.

However, one human’s transition from Earthling to a citizen of this strange empire might be made a little easier with help from one of the empire’s own. This diplomat and former agent of espionage has much to learn from the stranger she takes under her own protection, against the better judgement of her peers.

I recently completed the Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order game, and I can’t recommend it enough to fans of the Star Wars franchise. I was skeptical myself, but the storyline is engaging, the characters are believable, and it really does feel like it fits into the universe. That being said, I’d love to explore expanding beyond the story provided in the game!

(Turn back now if you’re looking to avoid spoilers.)

Following the canonical end of Jedi: Fallen Order, we can imagine that Cal embarks on any sort of adventure we’d like. Perhaps to get us started, I’ve listed a few ideas below. Feel free to bring something different to the table or choose a starting point here.
  • After witnessing the Empire’s desecration of the Jedi temple on Ilum, Cal takes it upon himself to restore and/or salvage location and artifacts sacred to the Jedi before it is too late.
  • Since destroying the holocron and leaving the future of the Jedi to the force, Cal decides to lay low and avoid drawing any further Empire attention. The new Jedi Knight responsible for bringing Fortress Inquisitorius to its knees retreats to the Outer Rim to, “make his own way in the galaxy.”
In any one of these scenarios, Cal encounters a stranger in the unique position to help. Enter my OC, a talented pilot and disowned heiress of wartime wealth. She has accumulated a number of small offenses against the Empire herself, most notably assisting in the theft or destruction of military supplies. She tends to keep rebellious and unsavory company, a juxtaposition to her upbringing in a family which once owned the manufacturing means to sell weapons to be used against the Republic during the Clone Wars. Most interestingly of all, she hides her own suspicions that she is force sensitive.

Would her name have appeared in the holocron had Cal not destroyed it?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back