• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings A Humble Character Pitch (MxM Only!)

howdymynameisjeans

Chaos Gremlim (he/they)
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
A brief about me:

You can call me Edmond or Jeans, whichever you prefer. I'm not picky. I use he/him pronouns, and I am a queer trans man living in Southern Appalachia (EST). All of this is important because my writing is very reflective of where I'm from, who I am, and what I love. I'm 20 years old (nearly 21), I have over half dozen years of writing experience under my belt, but I don't know how much that really matters. The important part is that I feel confident in my ability to write engaging scenes, multiple characters, complex relationship dynamics, and anything else that interests me. I'm a full time college student in my junior year, I have a part time job, and I'm decently involved with the friends I have in real life. Still, I make time for writing, especially when it comes to characters and stories that inspire me.

I'm looking for someone who is willing to play a story centered around a tough relationship dynamic between two men who don't know how to fully love one another. I need character growth, and I want it to hurt. As the title suggests, this is a pitch for the character I'm interested in playing, and I'm open to hearing any ideas you may have that you feel he would fit well in.

I'm going to be honest, I haven't done a lot of roleplaying with this dude, but I'm really craving getting into the grit of his character. Originally, he's made to be this Southern Appalachian himbo-malewife, but I feel like there's a lot of room for improvement there.

His name is Oscar Adams, and he's a stocky guy with dark hair, a beard, and big teddy bear vibes. He's a good cook, he takes care of himself well, he values community and his home, and he's terrified of change. He loves and he loves hard; there's not much he wouldn't do for the people or places he loves. If we're doing something modern/real world than I still want him to be southern Appalachian, but if we wanted to do something with some fantasy elements then it's less important where he lives and more important that he hold a lot of pride for where he lives.

I'm a little picky when it comes to genre. I never write sci-fi, because it tends to overwhelm me, and I don't like a lot of anime-style plots, but I would be super willing to do something modern (especially 90s-00s), low-fantasy, or adventure. I've been particularly craving a story with adventure and fantasy elements that for one reason or another takes Oscar away from his beloved home to travel with another person. What I'm most craving is a plot that can center around some sort of sloppy pining romance.

I've been listening to Vampire Empire by Big Thief a lot recently, and I'd love to explore a dynamic like that. Oscar is the type to put his all into the people he's involved with and cares for, so what if the person he really cares about either can't reciprocate in the way that he needs, or waxes dramatically from being hot and cold towards him, but is still codependent with him. I've been really craving a story with a lot of drama and emotional maturity, but also with a nice background plot to carry us through.

Sincerely, I am open to lots of different ideas. If you have a character, plot, setting, etc., you think would be paired well with him, let me know!

Attachments

• osc.png
    osc.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back