• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom ʙʀɪɢʜᴛᴇʀ - ᴀ ʙʀɪɢʜᴛ ʀᴘ

Ayama

Enthusiast
  • Prelude
    Magic. Globally illegal since the year 1852, it has the power to devastate, remake, and reshape the world. Despite the dangers it represents, the lure of its attraction is often too much for weaker souls to resist, and people have done terrible things because of it.

In this world, magic is rare, and most people are simply living out their lives and trying to make it through the day- not worrying about apocalyptic death cults who want to resurrect evil ancient sorcerers and bring about the end of the world.

Luckily for most people, there are some out there who do know and worry about the lunatics out to destroy everything we love, and deep in the shadows and behind the veil that protects us, they fight.
    Plot
    A few months ago, rumors came out of L.A. that a Magic Wand had been found. Not many believe the rumors, of course but, whether there was a Wand or not, it's obvious that some shit went down that night.

In the pothole-ridden streets of Chicago, however, a certain goblin thief couldn't care less what the L.A. gangs and the L.A. cops do to each other- he's got more pressing concerns.

Fresh out of a turn in county and needing a score, Fast-Fingered Az accepts a shadier job than usual- robbing one of the city's wealthiest (and most paranoid) citizens: Ailre Elceran.

Even for someone as agile as him, the security is no joke- armed guards, motions sensors, cameras all over the place... And the safe is the toughest he's ever had to crack (which is saying something).

But crack it he does, only when the door swings open the alarm gets tripped, and he knows he has seconds to get out of there before rottweilers are tossing him around like a chew toy, so he swipes the lot without bothering to take inventory.

After a brief but very intense chase, our thief manages to evade his pursuers and make it back to his hideout, where he has enough room to breathe to take a look at what's in his bag.

And that's when he learns why the job was so shady in the first place.

As he hastily stows the glowing object as far out of sight as it will go, Az lets out a disgusted swear in Gobbledygook, realizing that, instead of having what he needs to start rebuilding his life, he just got in over his head. Way over his head.
    Story *

Story
Outline
Setup
code by Nano

PRELUDE

Magic. Globally illegal since the year 1852, it has the power to devastate, remake, and reshape the world. Despite the dangers it represents, the lure of its attraction is often too much for weaker souls to resist, and people have done terrible things because of it.

In this world, magic is rare, and most people are simply living out their lives and trying to make it through the day- not worrying about apocalyptic death cults who want to resurrect evil ancient sorcerers and bring about the end of the world.

Luckily for most people, there are some out there who do know and worry about the lunatics out to destroy everything we love, and deep in the shadows and behind the veil that protects us, they fight.

PLOT

A few months ago, rumors came out of L.A. that a Magic Wand had been found. Not many believe the rumors, of course but, whether there was a Wand or not, it's obvious that some shit went down that night.

In the pothole-ridden streets of Chicago, however, a certain goblin thief couldn't care less what the L.A. gangs and the L.A. cops do to each other- he's got more pressing concerns.

Fresh out of a turn in county and needing a score, Fast-Fingered Az accepts a shadier job than usual- robbing one of the city's wealthiest (and most paranoid) citizens: Ailre Elceran.

Even for someone as agile as him, the security is no joke- armed guards, motions sensors, cameras all over the place... And the safe is the toughest he's ever had to crack (which is saying something).

But crack it he does, only when the door swings open the alarm gets tripped, and he knows he has seconds to get out of there before rottweilers are tossing him around like a chew toy, so he swipes the lot without bothering to take inventory.

After a brief but very intense chase, our thief manages to evade his pursuers and make it back to his hideout, where he has enough room to breathe to take a look at what's in his bag.

And that's when he learns why the job was so shady in the first place.

As he hastily stows the glowing object as far out of sight as it will go, Az lets out a disgusted swear in Gobbledygook, realizing that, instead of having what he needs to start rebuilding his life, he just got in over his head. Way over his head.

OVERVIEW

Welcome to Brighter- an RP set in the world of the movies Bright and Bright: Samurai Soul.

I've wanted to RP in this universe pretty much since I saw the first movie when it came out, so I'm super excited about getting to do this!

As I'm sure many of you know, it was originally intended to be the first installment of a trilogy but, due to various reasons, it doesn't look like that will be happening, so my goal for this RP is to pretty much pick up where Bright left off.

Our story will take place in modern-day Chicago, a few months after the events of the movie. It will follow a small cast of characters who come into inadvertent possession of a Magic Wand, which means of course that all hell breaks loose.

I don't intend for this to be a particularly long-term RP, since its events (while consisting of nearly non-stop action) are supposed to correspond to the runtime of a classic 2h movie, and will cover, at most, 3 days of in-game time.

However, if it goes well and the interest remains once the RP concludes, I plan to then have a sequel RP corresponding to the third and final installment of the story, so look forward to that ^^

ROLES

Currently, my plan is for the RP to center around three main characters, which means I'm looking for two other players to go on this crazy ride with me.

The story will open with my character, Az, having just discovered that he was tricked into stealing a Magic Wand, and being in deep shit because of it.

His opener will have him arriving at the home of one of his best and oldest friends (a High-Giant- Main Character #2), and in short order they will join up with an acquaintance of theirs (a Centaur detective- Main Character #3).

If you like the current setup and you'd be interested in playing one of these characters, read on!

RULES

1. Respect all RPN guidelines and regulations: no erotic content, no extreme gore, no discrimination or making the thread toxic or unpleasant.

2. Communicate and be active in OOC (which will be on-site). This is important so that we can a) discuss plotting and character dynamics (I have a plot outlined, but if people have ideas I'm more than happy to modify it or even throw it out the window), b) collaborate on posts to maintain pacing, and c) discuss and resolve any issues that might come up.

3. Though there should be occasional moments of (probably mean and sarcastic) comic relief, the tone of this RP is intended to be on the darker side, so please be able to handle mature themes and potentially triggering content.

4. Be able to post at least three paragraphs, once every two weeks. Also be willing and able to create and play NPCs as-needed over the course of the story.

5. The CS template will be coded due to the matchy-matchy demands of my OCD brain, however, I'm more than happy to take care of the coding aspects for you. Outside of this, BBCode will not be required, and neither will FCs.

~~~~~

Okay, if you've read up to this point I'm gonna assume you're interested in participating, so please post up a reply specifying which character you'd like to play, outlining any ideas you've got for them (and the story), and asking any questions you might have.

If there are more interested and qualified players than spots available, I'll make a decision based on character concept and how likely we are to write well together and get along OOC (I may request a writing sample for this, but nothing crazy don't worry).

Once that's done I'll set a deadline for Character Sheets and a start date for the RP!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back