[2nd Ed] Is there an example of actual play anywhere?

burningcrow

Aloha!

With the appearance of the new Dragon-Blooded book I want to move my campaign to the 2nd Edition rules. But the combat rules seem a little bit confusing to me so I'd like to get an example of combat rule handling.

Can you point me to an example (e.g. like the combant between Invincible Sword Princess and some DBs for 1st Edition)?

Thanks! ;)

On the wiki, I started Trial by Schmendrick, which pits cloned fighters against each other to test martial arts styles. Two bouts are done, with one more currently running. Results have been... mixed.

Let's just say either Second Edition's playtesters really sucked, or White Wolf just ignored them.

In any case, detailed combat examples galore.

wordman said:
Let's just say either Second Edition's playtesters really sucked, or White Wolf just ignored them.
Care to elaborate?

-S

Solfi said:
Kasumi's Combat 201 thread on rpg.net
... it's pre-DB2, but it's bloody excellent. And yes, Invincible Sword Princess is featured.   :)
I've read through it and come across one question that I'm not sure they did correctly. The example is this:

An exalt activates a simple charm, which normally has a speed of six, the charm lists the speed value for it as 3. They add the two together to get his next action nine ticks in the future.

My understanding was that the charms speed is what you take, in this case three, and that the six is just a default speed in case no other one is listed.

Am I right or wrong on this?

Stillborn said:
Care to elaborate?
Every trial run so far has stumbled upon large problems with the rules that, even after quite a lot of thinking, had unobvious or no resolutions. These usually involved timing issues of some kind, and not esoteric issues, either. I started an Exalted rulings page to discuss them. Nearly everything on that page is a result of what you would think would be fairly common combat occurances (e.g. "using Dash in a Flurry", or "escaping a clinch"), stuff decent playtesters should have seen fairly quickly.

My understanding was that the charms speed is what you take, in this case three, and that the six is just a default speed in case no other one is listed.
Am I right or wrong on this?
That's how I understand it. The speed is assumed to be six "unless otherwise indicated". Since the charm in question "otherwise indicates", the speed of the action is 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back