• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic 2157 - The Revolution (Intrest Check)

Shog

The Infinite Being
The year is 2157. The entire earth has been ravaged by a Disease named C-67. This disease requires a host to live because if it is exposed to air for too long, it will die. When an infected person touches a non-infected person, the disease will be transmitted. In about three days, the victim will lose all humanity. After that, their only goal is to kill and infect. In five years humanity lost 93% of its population across the world. It has been almost 100 years since the first outbreak.

If that wasn’t bad enough, the cities we are stuffed into are wretched. The inner part of the city, referred to as the upper ring, is where the privileged live. This includes top scientists and government officials. The rest of the buildings are restaurants, official buildings, and high end services. There are multiple levels of floating buildings, and in this case they can reach up to 10 different levels. The middle ring has average people that work mediocre jobs and own small businesses. There is up to 5 levels in this ring. Finally, there is the outer ring, which has no floating areas at all. Also has the most surface area to be used. Our job is to work in the fields with the animals or crops to feed the city. I hear things used to be happy here, before the 15 hour work days with barley enough money to scrape by. People starve to death here on almost a daily basis. If you are late to the fields by even a minute, then you work for three more hours for no extra pay. And to top it off, the police in the lower ring find it to be a sport to beat the citizens here.

Things will get better. There is a revolution starting and, while it might just be a spark now, it can grow into raging fire. People will die and buildings will burn, but from the ashes a new empire shall rise.

I'm sorry, but I have to comment... this idea is unrealistic.

It is impossible for a virus to have a 100% infection rate, and also, being a virus, a small portion, even at 1 percent, would be completely immune.

If 93 percent of humanity was truly this feral beast that you describe, there would be no cities, only small strongholds with a few survivors, further, if a city did spring up, population density in the world as a whole would make it so that there would be no shortage of land, of living space.

A revolution would be a waste of people, and of resources, the main goal of existence in this type of existence would not be the rights of the individual, it would be the survival of as many people as possible.

Please accept this as constructive criticism, I would write more, but I have to leave.

[QUOTE="The Martyr]I'm sorry, but I have to comment... this idea is unrealistic.
It is impossible for a virus to have a 100% infection rate, and also, being a virus, a small portion, even at 1 percent, would be completely immune.

If 93 percent of humanity was truly this feral beast that you describe, there would be no cities, only small strongholds with a few survivors, further, if a city did spring up, population density in the world as a whole would make it so that there would be no shortage of land, of living space.

A revolution would be a waste of people, and of resources, the main goal of existence in this type of existence would not be the rights of the individual, it would be the survival of as many people as possible.

Please accept this as constructive criticism, I would write more, but I have to leave.

[/QUOTE]
I have read what you have to say, and your logic follows a few simple contradictions.

A: You are completely right that not everyone would be infectable, but does that keep them from being attacked by the ones that are? Not really, no.

B: Viruses have origins. People would have time to build walls if the cities were in, say, Chad and the virus originated in North-Western Canada.

C: I made cities floating because I wanted to. If you want solid logic behind it, almost 100 years has passed since the cities were created. Those cities would have growing populations and going beyond the walls to make new ones is opening yourself up to attack.

D: All of the previous points were really just setting the scene. A revolution always has a waste of human resources. Though now it has been almost 100 years since the first outbreak. It is considered more as more of just a fact of life than a problem at this point. A lot can change in 100 years (look up 1914 if you feel necessary), and people have just moved on. It is perfectly reasonable to fight over human rights now. Especially when the lower ring people are treated worse than the trash in a waste bin.

[QUOTE="Demonic Angel]I'd join :P sounds cool, may be unrealistic like he said but I don't care :)

[/QUOTE]
I'll make it and post a link here.

Shog said:
I have read what you have to say, and your logic follows a few simple contradictions.
A: You are completely right that not everyone would be infectable, but does that keep them from being attacked by the ones that are? Not really, no.

B: Viruses have origins. People would have time to build walls if the cities were in, say, Chad and the virus originated in North-Western Canada.

C: I made cities floating because I wanted to. If you want solid logic behind it, almost 100 years has passed since the cities were created. Those cities would have growing populations and going beyond the walls to make new ones is opening yourself up to attack.

D: All of the previous points were really just setting the scene. A revolution always has a waste of human resources. Though now it has been almost 100 years since the first outbreak. It is considered more as more of just a fact of life than a problem at this point. A lot can change in 100 years (look up 1914 if you feel necessary), and people have just moved on. It is perfectly reasonable to fight over human rights now. Especially when the lower ring people are treated worse than the trash in a waste bin.

I'll make it and post a link here.
Okay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back